I could use some help...

#1 Posted by SteepInKline (163 posts) -

Hey guys, not sure where to post this, but considering I'm working with P4G on this one, here goes.

I'm a college student starting to write my BA Thesis, and I chosen Persona 4 as the topic of my research. Specifically, I plan to discuss the Social Link system and how it relates to self-mastery and interaction with society.

Anyone have suggestions for articles or other stuff that could help me out?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13208 posts) -

The moral of the story is "all girls like the silent type."

...you should probably work that in somehow. THAT'S my fuckin' problem. I just talk too much.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

The moral of the story is "all girls like the silent type."

...you should probably work that in somehow. THAT'S my fuckin' problem. I just talk too much.

popularity leads to intimacy
#4 Edited by TooWalrus (13208 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Right, but the only way to get popular is to score high on the exams. Study?

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@SteepInKline said:

Hey guys, not sure where to post this, but considering I'm working with P4G on this one, here goes.

I'm a college student starting to write my BA Thesis, and I chosen Persona 4 as the topic of my research. Specifically, I plan to discuss the Social Link system and how it relates to self-mastery and interaction with society.

Anyone have suggestions for articles or other stuff that could help me out?

Thanks in advance!

What's your degree? How do S-Links relate to self-mastery or interaction with society? I don't see good potential for this paper dude. Plus you have to write a thesis for a BA?

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

@The_Laughing_Man: Right, but the only way to get popular is to score high on the exams. Study?

Yip. 
#7 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (622 posts) -

Just say whatever someone wants to hear and everyone will like you!

#8 Posted by Flappy (2262 posts) -

@MyNiceIceLife said:

Just say whatever someone wants to hear and everyone will like you!

This. Tell the people what they want to hear.

#9 Edited by SteepInKline (163 posts) -

@JasonR86: I'm a Cinema and Screen Studies/Creative Writing major. My school's Honors Program requires everyone to write a thesis on a topic of their choice. I love the Endurance Run, so I figured I try this out.

Oh, and the relation to S.Links and self-mastery? Charlie gets closer with friends, helps them with problems. By doing so, he helps them grow. In turn, the experience helps him grow, and he becomes closer to said friends, thus advancing the cycle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.