Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Is the Golden ending worth going for?

Avatar image for deactivated-60321b0e394b7
    deactivated-60321b0e394b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I've been playing through Persona 4 Gold for the last few weeks and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm in the middle of November and I've already beaten Namatame. I already know what I need to get Marie's social link up to get the new Golden ending, but there were a few other things I was going to do instead of get her social link up. I just want to know is if the new ending is actually worth seeing before I go ahead and get her social link up?

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By DeadpanCakes

I believe it is.

There's other content tied to Marie's S.link that you'll experience on the way to seeing the Golden ending that's also very much worth experiencing.

What else did you have in mind besides maxing her S.link?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpancakes: I was just going to got for a few of the job social links, since I've pretty much done none of them, and Naoto's. But from the sound of things I'll actually have more time to do social links after December. So I should just wait on those and finish Marie's then?

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmatey72: I believe they'll give you more opportunities to S.link with Marie as the game approaches her deadline, so you probably won't hafta drop everything you're doing for her. But, yeah, I'd still recommend putting forth effort to max her soon.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's been a while since I ran through Golden, but I remember enjoying the ending a lot. Go for it, homie.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadpanCakes
    @flappy said:

It's been a while since I ran through Golden, but I remember enjoying the ending a lot. Go for it, homie.

Also yeah. If we're just talking about the ending itself, I absolutely adored it. And even if there wasn't some other stuff tied to it, that ending alone would've been worth it for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I think I'm going to go for it. Wish me luck!

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck. And, more importantly, have fun (or batman, either one)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

Also yeah. If we're just talking about the ending itself, I absolutely adored it. And even if there wasn't some other stuff tied to it, that ending alone would've been worth it for me.

Alright, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks guys!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd say it's worth it!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

The only thing I don't like is the prologue that comes months after the ending, didn't like the changes they made to....all(?) the characters.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

The only ending worth having is one where you and Chie are together :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

The only ending worth having is one where you and Chie are together :D

Don't worry, I've already hugged Chie, and she's the only one I've hugged!

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The best way to play the game is how you would act IRL. Go out with who you want, spend time with who you want, and finish the game that way. The most fulfilling part of the game to me was the journey not the ending. As cliche as that might sound

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@mrmatey72: My wife caught me hugging Chie. Even she admitted it was the right decision.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squidc00kie: IRL I would want to date ALL of the chicks. Seriously though after realising Marie was the key to getting the new ending/new stuff in golden (thanks to reading this website) I have been attempting to max her as soon as possible, besides hugging the shit out of Chie. Is there more to the marie list other than spotting superb poems in the velvet room and wasting a day with her at the right time? ( I have not quite finished golden yet but working on it)As a complete side note, I wanted to play with the other characters that jeff/vinny did not use but after defeating a pretty special boss the other characters are so underlevelled i dont know if i can be bothered to put the effort into them. Maybe I will just add Naoto in and ignore one of the others

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12: Yeah golden really messed with my head. I dated Yukiko because I found Chie annoying, but after watching a few episodes of the endurance run, I realized it was the voice actor not the character that I didnt like. (since they changed actors from the ps2 version to golden) It spawned a really weird moment in my head where I ran through all my past relationships and wondered if any of the failed ones had different voices themselves, would it have mattered? Yeah... weird.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know... Marie really rubs me the wrong way. I don't know... she kind of channels all the worst parts about anime, and the way she "talks fast" makes me cringe every time it happens. And they even made a Hiimdasiy pandering moment in one of the social links! But hey! I'm sure it's worth it!

Chie's still the best, though. I regret nothing!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Marie is totally worth it! The Valentine's Day at the end with her is really special, i kinda wish they made it possible to actually romance her.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.