Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Is this game just as challenging as the original?

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jebara

P4 is pretty much my favourite game, and to me the best part is the challenge of some of the boss fights, especially Shadow Yukiko.

I remember ripping my hair out with every try but when finally beat her the satisfaction was unmatched.

So how does this game hold up? I think I saw a few post saying the bosses are easier, is this true?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

It can be. The easier difficulties such as Very Easy, Easy and Normal seemed to be have tweaked a little to be somewhat easier. However there is also a Hard and Very Hard difficulty now, if that's how you want to go at it.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jebara

So for example Shadow Yukiko,is she still the bitch that sent us back to the drawing board?

If it really is easier, then I wonder how this is seen in the eyes of the new comer, I remember that after Shadow Yukiko I eagerly anticipated the next boss fight and it was the whole thing was about getting prepared for the next one, I can't imagine it being the same without it.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I never thought of any of the Persona games as hard because I spend way too much grinding and become so over leveled the bosses are a breeze.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

@msavo said:

I never thought of any of the Persona games as hard because I spend way too much grinding and become so over leveled the bosses are a breeze.

And also because they are basically supposed to be SMT-lite for people who aren't mega crazy about their Japanese dungeon crawlers. I play Persona for the setting though, it's so much more interesting than a bland fantasy world or something.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mutha3

@jebara said:

So for example Shadow Yukiko,is she still the bitch that sent us back to the drawing board?

She has an ice weakness now and her little helper has a lightning weakness.

So nope. P4G gives you a shitload of little advantages, which taken en masse, make the game a cakewalk.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BradBrains

im playing on hard right now in the first dungeon. im having a bit of a harder time with it which is fine its what I wanted. Also being able to start on the floor you died takes off so much of the frustration. the lack of healing items is a bit rough though.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I found Persona 4 to be a very balanced game as far as difficulty goes. Not brain dead easy like some RPGs and never frustrating. The boss fights required strategy. The hardest part for me was Yukiko's dungeon but that is because I was still adjusting to the game.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heltom92
    @Darkstalker

im playing on hard right now in the first dungeon. im having a bit of a harder time with it which is fine its what I wanted. Also being able to start on the floor you died takes off so much of the frustration. the lack of healing items is a bit rough though.

Oh so if you die you don't have to go back to your last save? That seems smart seeing as its a portable game now.
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kerse

I'm halfway through Yukiko's dungeon on normal and it feels a little harder, not too much. It just seems like the enemies have more health than I remember, but it has been a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.