Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Is this worth playing if I've beaten the first one?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't want to make a new thread, but I couldn't find one with this question, and google isn't helping me here either. So I want an honest answer from you guys - is this game worth playing even though I've beaten the PS2 version twice? The first time was a blind playthrough, and the second time I 100% it using a guide, so I've seen almost everything the game had to offer before.

Is there enough new content here to make this a fresh experience, or would it feel like I'm just playing the same game over again? It sounds like a lot of new content was added, but I don't know if it just amounts to a bunch of added mini-games, or whether it's meaty content that adds really new experiences to the game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

It depends on how much you enjoy the gameplay/world I suppose. Is it a story you wouldn't mind retreading? Do you enjoy the core combat experience? Do you want to hear a Chie that can actually act? If you don't care that much then you can always just YouTube all the additional stuff since it mostly amounts to a bunch of cutscenes scattered throughout, although the extra dungeon puts an interesting spin on everything. I suppose you liked it enough to play through it to 70% then 100%. You could always just think of it as playing the game a third time to 120%.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, after reading up on it, I'll probably go ahead and download it. I loved the hell out of this game, so it will probably be worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.