P4G: New Features Video

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I've heard mention of the new content added to Persona 4 Golden not being all that fantastic, but it all looks pretty interesting to me on its surface. This video doesn't even cover everything such as at least one more new Social Link, gardening, Vita features and more.

Also, before any of you spoil anything, the spoiler thread is thataway.

#2 Posted by Bocam (3671 posts) -

They put a spoiler in that video

#3 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2197 posts) -

Ugh why can't November come sooner?

#4 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

This looks awesome! And I knew every bit of the new content, but it still makes me want it even more! November can't come soon enough.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

Did they add a gas station job, or does the attendant's statement at the beginning still seem kinda weird in context of the entire game?

#6 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Each time I try to hold myself back from getting a Vita over this game, there's always something I find out about that makes it more and more difficult.

It's getting closer and closer and I'm finding harder and harder to resist the temptation of getting a Vita just for that. Well, I'm sure I'll find other ways of making a Vita worthwhile, but still!

#7 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Do you guys think P4 will finally come to PSN after Golden has ample time to sell? That's what happened with FES on PSN and P3P, right? I really want to finally play this

#8 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

I'm not buying a Vita... I'm borrowing it just for this =D

#9 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@wmaustin55: Well it'll be available digitally on PSN yeh. 
#10 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

I really hate the way the new girl looks. She looks like an anime character. Just way too much design going on there.

Pretty in the new stuff, and the changes to make the punishments for failure a little more reasonable (start at your current floor rather than hours back) make me consider picking up a Vita.

How much do you think they'll print? I'm considering just buying it without a a Vita out of fear I won't be able to find a new copy in a year.

#11 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

I'm buying a Vita for this and to play those MGS PSP games on a nicer screen (I already own them, so not going for the PS3 ports on those).

All they really had to say, though, was "You can now choose your persona's inherited skills" - I was sold from the moment I heard that, let alone all the other awesome stuff. That was something the DS games have done right for a while, nice to see it coming here - waiting for a good roll sucked.

#12 Posted by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

This is looking good, It's this game that's making me get a Vita finally.

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I'm buying a Vita for this and to play those MGS PSP games on a nicer screen (I already own them, so not going for the PS3 ports on those).

All they really had to say, though, was "You can now choose your persona's inherited skills" - I was sold from the moment I heard that, let alone all the other awesome stuff. That was something the DS games have done right for a while, nice to see it coming here - waiting for a good roll sucked.

Holy shit balls really? I was already excited for this game already but it's amazing/sad how much more that simple fix has made me so much more excited for this game! Anyone want to buy a sealed copy of Persona 4 for the PS2 that I never got around to playing?

#14 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@crusader8463: Man - I went back to P4 to make a perfect Odin (has all of the mass-element skills and no weaknesses) and Helel (victory cry, auto-matarukaja and some other stuff). It took me literally over 14 hours of grinding, fusing and rerolling fuses to get those two personas how I liked them.

Never again. Just, effing, never again.

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@crusader8463: Man - I went back to P4 to make a perfect Odin (has all of the mass-element skills and no weaknesses) and Helel (victory cry, auto-matarukaja and some other stuff). It took me literally over 14 hours of grinding, fusing and rerolling fuses to get those two personas how I liked them.

Never again. Just, effing, never again.

I only ever had to deal with it in Persona 3, but between that and watching the guys spend so much dam time in the ER it was so frustrating. Words can not express how happy I am about this change and I hope it's standard going forward.

#16 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

I had a dream we were in the middle of November. Now I'm awake and we're not... WHAT THE FUCK?!

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -
@Zripwud said:

I had a dream we were in the middle of November. Now I'm awake and we're not... WHAT THE FUCK?!

I'm finding that I may not have the cash in the budget for a Vita on the day Persona comes out. Do you realize what that means!? I've got this really big glass jar sitting on my dresser. It's got the lid super-glued shut, and it's spray-painted gold. There's a coin slot on it, I've been putting all of my change (and a bunch of dollar bills) into it for months, and it feels pretty full, there's probably a few hundred dollars in it. I may have to crack it open- as an emergency fund.
#18 Edited by Zripwud (246 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Zripwud said:

I had a dream we were in the middle of November. Now I'm awake and we're not... WHAT THE FUCK?!

I'm finding that I may not have the cash in the budget for a Vita on the day Persona comes out. Do you realize what that means!? I've got this really big glass jar sitting on my dresser. It's got the lid super-glued shut, and it's spray-painted gold. There's a coin slot on it, I've been putting all of my change (and a bunch of dollar bills) into it for months, and it feels pretty full, there's probably a few hundred dollars in it. I may have to crack it open- as an emergency fund.

Were you planning on spending that money on something important? Do you think it'd be more important than Persona 4... GOLDEN?! Just like your magical jar. If so Mysterious Fox would be dissapointed sir!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.