Persoan 4 Glasses Coming to Japan

Posted by FoxxFireArt (110 posts) -

I heard recently that in Japan they're going to be making official glasses with frames based on PERSONA 4 designs.

I love these styles. I could actually use a new set of frames. The set for the main protagonist are my favorite. It's just sad that I doubt these will come to the US anytime soon.

#1 Posted by FoxxFireArt (110 posts) -

I heard recently that in Japan they're going to be making official glasses with frames based on PERSONA 4 designs.

I love these styles. I could actually use a new set of frames. The set for the main protagonist are my favorite. It's just sad that I doubt these will come to the US anytime soon.

#2 Posted by punisherkaos (271 posts) -

Well u could always import em.

#3 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Any word on prices?

#4 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

They aren't the sort of frames that I would ware, but they're still pretty cool.

#5 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

@punisherkaos said:

Well u could always import em.

But you'd need an adapter to get around region protection.

#6 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

Can I put a prescription in these or are they just official designs for cosplayers?

#7 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Now I just need a bullet necklace.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -
@Apathylad said:

Any word on prices?

They've actually been up over here for a couple of weeks. They're like $35. I'd never been to that website before, and a friend of mine (who knows I'm into Persona) pointed them out to me- he stumbled across them while looking for- well, he says a PSO2 t-shirt, but it was probably hentai body pillows or something. It's pretty much weird-japanese-shit.com over there.
#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (35794 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Apathylad said:

Any word on prices?

well, he says a PSO2 t-shirt, but it was probably hentai body pillows or something.

Why can't it be both? Maybe it's kinda cold out, and she's way into Phantasy Star.

#10 Posted by Mcfart (1537 posts) -

I'd feel like such a dork if I wore these ._.'

#11 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

Cool. In-universe stuff like this that isn't covered by logos is the best.

#12 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

I've been wanting some new frames anyway...

#13 Posted by Neurotic (631 posts) -

Oh man, I bet they cost a bomb.

I think I look weird in anything other than half-rims and the only half-rims there are for ladies.

Still holding out for a Persona-style Tarot deck. I would spend a retarded amount of money on that.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Apathylad said:

Any word on prices?

well, he says a PSO2 t-shirt, but it was probably hentai body pillows or something.

Why can't it be both? Maybe it's kinda cold out, and she's way into Phantasy Star.

You know what? That's probable. I'm sure Ms. Masazumi has a well developed personality and they share each others interests... Oh god, I'm probably on some kind of government watchlist now. 

Uh, anyway, I don't need glasses, my eyes are fine, but if I did, I'd like to think I'm manly enough to get some transition lenses put into those Kanji glasses.
#15 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

When I saw the first image a few days ago on a different site, I wasn't sure what to think of these glasses...but now that I've stumbled across this blog post, and see the actual product...

It is pretty cool, and I do enjoy having tangible products of in-games items (I'm a sucker sometimes for game merchandise)...so I would kinda like a pair myself. Don't know if I'd go for one that was $35, especially when I don't need glasses myself.

#16 Posted by 71Ranchero (2668 posts) -

How very....flamboyant.

#17 Posted by TheHT (10790 posts) -

I'd wear the Charlie glasses, sure.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

If I needed glasses, I would get a pair of these.

#19 Posted by wchigo (538 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

I've been wanting some new frames anyway...

Indeed! It's been a couple years now since I've changed my frames, iirc.

I'd totally rock the Yu/Charlie rim, and I probably wouldn't mind having Kanji's either, as long as they actually worked as shades (they LOOK like they would, but who knows).

#20 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

Not sure i could be comfortable hitting partys with the international gaypride symbol on my face.

The Rainbow collour trim kinda kills it for me.

#21 Posted by Bartman3010 (443 posts) -

They made more of these? Would there happen to be any other place where one could get them?

#22 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

Never realized how unique each characters frames were. Thats pretty awesome.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (23671 posts) -

@Mcfart said:

I'd feel like such a dork if I wore these ._.'

Hey now, some of those glasses aren't that out there. Some of those colors are a bit much, but I could see some of the others working well.

#24 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

Those Charlie specs look pretty ok actually.

#25 Posted by Fluffdaddy (9 posts) -

@Questionable said:

Not sure i could be comfortable hitting partys with the international gaypride symbol on my face.

The Rainbow collour trim kinda kills it for me.

Yea, all the cool kids might give you wedgies and swirlies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.