Persona 4 Golden coming out in Fall 2012

#1 Edited by bassman2112 (858 posts) -
#2 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Looks like I'll be getting a PSP Vita in the fall.

#3 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

@MikkaQ: You mean Vita?

#4 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Damn it!

Now I'm gonna have to get a Vita

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@kuz101 said:

@MikkaQ: You mean Vita?

Yes I do. That was a weird slip. The name hasn't quite stuck I guess.

#6 Posted by AltonBrown (947 posts) -

FUCK YES

#7 Posted by juice8367 (446 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Looks like I'll be getting a PSP Vita in the fall.

Yeeep

#8 Posted by Bocam (3826 posts) -

I'm amazed that they kept the subtitle

#9 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

@Bocam: They took out the "The".

#10 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

wow that is a fast turn around i have not idea when/if i a getting a vita. if they dropped the memory card prices i would be more inclined

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

@ckeats said:

@Bocam: They took out the "The".

And it sounds ten times better without the 'The' than with it.

#12 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I have a Vita. I have money. I will probably still be alive by Fall 2012. I am ready.

#13 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

This game should just be built into the system memory of all future Vita consoles (or just have them come with the cart super-glued into the card slot).

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Damn it!

Same here, although as soon as I played Persona 4, I kinda knew that. Gravity Rush didn't hurt things.

#15 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

I'm more interested in a localization announcement of the port/update of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP. Japan gets it in two weeks, and Atlus still hasn't said anything about it.

#16 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@Venatio said:

Damn it!

Same here, although as soon as I played Persona 4, I kinda knew that. Gravity Rush didn't hurt things.

Not to mention we should finally be getting PS1 support as well.  

I think it's bad that I'm buying a £190 handheld to play PS1 games, but then I'm a bad person. 
#17 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

@ricetopher said:

I'm more interested in a localization announcement of the port/update of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP. Japan gets it in two weeks, and Atlus still hasn't said anything about it.

Oh they will (Most likely at E3) and then we can have all of the Persona games on the Vita, Wahahahaha!

#18 Posted by Zacagawea (1614 posts) -

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssz.

#19 Edited by Voxus (349 posts) -

Take my fucking money.

EDIT: wonder what preorder bonuses will be. can I hope for chie's jacket? or maybe a teddie figure?

#20 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Welp, that settles it. I'll be getting a Vita, but damn if I'll have many other games to get for it (unless Atlus releases more MegaTen on it).

#21 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

I'm short on money right now, but now I have to buy a vita someday to play this game.

#22 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -

Welllll, there's their system seller. As in, at the release of that game, they're going to sell a system. To me.

I have virtually zero interest in any other Vita games.

#23 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

Is Dissidia 2 in the PSN Store? I might try to save some money for a Vita but just P4 isn't enough to buy that thing not at that price anyways.

#24 Posted by TheRealJpoe (134 posts) -

Still waiting on Amazon or Gamestop to start pre orders. Day 1 buy over everything else this fall.

#25 Posted by probablytuna (3825 posts) -

MY BODY IS READY.

#26 Posted by juice8367 (446 posts) -

Anyone think they will put out a bundle?

#27 Posted by amlabella (332 posts) -

Haven't played my Vita much recently, but I'm still glad I got one with Gravity Rush coming out next month and now Persona 4 this fall.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (9475 posts) -

@juice8367 said:

In Japan, possible; overseas, unlikely. My hope is that they'll at least bring over the free Vita decal cover from the Japanese release.

#29 Posted by juice8367 (446 posts) -
@TruthTellah

@juice8367 said:

In Japan, possible; overseas, unlikely. My hope is that they'll at least bring over the free Vita decal cover from the Japanese release.

Shucks. I really wanted a chie pillow cover. Or a teddie
#30 Posted by Neezie (129 posts) -

You can pre-order on amazon now, and they list a October 23rd release date

#31 Posted by AlisterCat (5727 posts) -

I might just have to import from America. If it is region free.

#32 Posted by JBG4 (437 posts) -

I'm really excited for this, fantastic that its coming to the US. I already own the PS2 version but I will still pick this up.

#33 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

I already have a Vita and am currently playing through Persona 2. It's pretty awesome. Can't wait for P4 though! I haven't played it since I beat the game way back in 2009.

#34 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

This makes me so happy. Currently playing through Persona 3 FES for the first time, never played a Persona game before. I think this will be what makes me get a Vita

#35 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

Time enough for the incoming Vita price drop announcement at E3.

#36 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

It's a bummer that we have to wait till Fall to play this.

#37 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I hope they eventually port this to PS3. I'm too old for handhelds.

#38 Posted by therabidfrog (349 posts) -

This would be the only reason I would consider getting a Vita. I won't consider it very hard, but it will remain an after thought. I would get a Vita, play the game, and then smash the Vita to bits. Why? Because...

#39 Posted by ashogo (944 posts) -

@therabidfrog said:

This would be the only reason I would consider getting a Vita. I won't consider it very hard, but it will remain an after thought. I would get a Vita, play the game, and then smash the Vita to bits. Why? Because...

or you could, like, sell it back.

#40 Posted by Melanon (59 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

I'm short on money right now, but now I have to buy a vita someday to play this game.

Yeah, pretty much this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.