Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition

• 65 results
#1 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (629 posts) -
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

The one disappointing thing about this game is that it wasn't released during Golden Week in Japan.

#3 Posted by Cabal57 (16 posts) -

Just pre-ordered it from amazon. Can't wait for it to come out.

#4 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

I still can't believe they actually went with accessories and stickers. Sure, you can use the pouch and the Vita skin, but stickers?! I would have preferred a soundtrack, artbook and maybeeeee the pouch. Meh, this collector's edition is definitely not for me.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

Still not available on Amazon Canada and it's not on Gamestop.ca. Ugh.

#6 Posted by MB (12911 posts) -

Amazon has this as a bonus for the regular $39.99 edition: 

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13254 posts) -

I like the hard case, but I generally like to keep my handhelds naked when I'm playing them, so I wouldn't use this face cover. 

...you know, that Vita skin is a pre-order bonus, I think I'm just going to stick with the normal edition this time. Tempting, though.

#9 Posted by Tophat666 (235 posts) -

I pre-ordered mine from my local Gamestop(I don't have prime this year & I didn't feel like spending $10+ just for Amazon to shipping it to me day of).

I made sure he got the Pre-Order for the right one(Weird name to say. Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition. Well at least they didn't put the SMT name on it too.) he knew what I was talking about at least so it didn't take 2 years.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition, lol XD.

#10 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

I'm surprised they aren't including a soundtrack in either of these pre-orders. Atlus always does soundtracks. And it seems like it would be relatively simple to press a CD with the handful of new tracks from p4G.

#11 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (629 posts) -

@Coafi said:

I still can't believe they actually went with accessories and stickers. Sure, you can use the pouch and the Vita skin, but stickers?! I would have preferred a soundtrack, artbook and maybeeeee the pouch. Meh, this collector's edition is definitely not for me.

i don't mind the cover or the case, but the stickers (and the protector which is a preorder bonus anyways) are kind of pointless. soundtrack would have been awesome. all they would have had to do would release the other disc that wasn't included in the PS2 version or release any new music that they added to the game on a disc.

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

GOT IT

#13 Posted by AltonBrown (951 posts) -

@rjayb89: ME TOO

#14 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

Hm, I might buy this when it becomes available on Canadian sites. I really don't have too much use for the case and things like that, but I may have to get it anyway because it suuuuuure looks nice.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Hope it comes with actual gold.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Hope it comes with actual gold.

Nope. I don't think there are any precious metals. Sorry.

#17 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -
@Rabid619 said:

Hm, I might buy this when it becomes available on Canadian sites. I really don't have too much use for the case and things like that, but I may have to get it anyway because it suuuuuure looks nice.

Yeah, still nothing on the Canadian side. I'll snap it up as soon as I get the chance.
#18 Posted by coaxmetal (1646 posts) -

I will give someone like... 5 dollers for those stickers maybe. I could throw over some of the dumb SC5 art on my fightstick

#19 Posted by Dethfish (3690 posts) -

I already pre-ordered the normal version from amazon. Is there a way to just upgrade to this new one?

#20 Posted by coaxmetal (1646 posts) -

you can cancel an amazon preorder can't you? pretty sure you can

#21 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (629 posts) -

@Riboflavin said:

you can cancel an amazon preorder can't you? pretty sure you can

@Dethfish: Yep just place your order and then cancel the other one. Doesn't cause any problems.

#22 Posted by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -

I'm a bad person, I bought this... and I don't own a Vita.

#23 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

I think I'll stick with the normal version. The skin is all I really want anyway.

#24 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

Amazon.com's out of stock. Still no indication of a Canada release anywhere I've checked and the GameStop associate told me that it takes about a week to show up in their database or something.

#25 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Amazon.com's out of stock. Still no indication of a Canada release anywhere I've checked and the GameStop associate told me that it takes about a week to show up in their database or something.

Very good chance then that in store Gamestop orders are all not going to be fulfilled.

#26 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

I'm a bad person, I bought this... and I don't own a Vita.

I would have too if it came with the remaining soundtrack tracks instead of fucking stickers.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@endaround said:

Very good chance then that in store Gamestop orders are all not going to be fulfilled.

That'd be fine, if I could pre-order it in the first place.

#28 Posted by Juno500 (471 posts) -

Pre-ordered it.

I guess I should buy a Vita sometime soon, huh?

#29 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

Like others here, I've preorder the game, but I have yet to actually own a Vita.

Meh. Maybe I'll buy one in November.

#30 Posted by mpgeist (642 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: I did the same thing, lol.

#31 Edited by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -

@Hailinel: I was hoping it'll be cheap during Black Friday, It's great I got my pre-order in but I still kinda want to play the damn game.

#32 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@Hailinel: I was hoping it'll be cheap during Black Friday, It's great I got my pre-order in but I still kinda want to play to damn game.

I'm not crazy enough to try buying anything on Black Friday. It's a testament to Persona 4's quality that I'm willing to buy a Vita at their asking price solely to play the game.

#33 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

Check Amazon for Vita specials. MK and a 4GB card were just free with purchase. Earlier in the summer they matched Target's $50 gift card with purchase.

#34 Posted by AlisterCat (5697 posts) -

If Atlus ever does find a European publisher I'll bet we get none of this.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

If Atlus ever does find a European publisher I'll bet we get none of this.

I disagree. Recent Atlus games published in Europe tend to have better Limited Editions than in North America, most likely to make up for the delays (see: Catherine; Persona 4 Arena).

#36 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Now I'm really curious: How many people preordering this actually have a Vita?

#37 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@LordAndrew: I have one. Pre-ordered it from Gamestop.com even though I live in Canada, so it'll cost me $15 in shipping, but I own a Vita.

#38 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I didn't know GameStop.com does international shipping! Okay, fine. I totally preordered it now. There goes $85 down the drain.

#39 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (629 posts) -

@LordAndrew: i actually picked up the Vita on launch day even though P4G was the only game that i was looking forward to.

#40 Posted by DonutFever (3559 posts) -

Man, I really wanted a download version, but I'm totally gonna pick this up now.

#41 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

The Vita pouch is nice, but that's the only extra item in this that interests be that isn't coming in standard edition preorders.

#42 Posted by metalsnakezero (2339 posts) -

Was able to change my pre-order to Solid Gold! Can't wait to get it!

#43 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I got mine. Can't wait!

#44 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

For Canadians, Amazon.ca's got it listed now but it's not available. GameStop still doesn't even have it listed, though.

#45 Edited by Bartman3010 (445 posts) -

Made the switch. Although I'm going to miss the price difference since the standard edition went down to $34.95. Plus since I'm in the state of Texas, Amazon recently started charging for shipping and it'll be during a time that I won't have a job.

That said, it's the reason I bought a Vita, and the extra $30 for protection sure wouldn't hurt.

#46 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Damn 70 dollars is a stiff price... But it's very tempting...

#47 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

This game isn't gonna also come out on PSN SoundShapes style right? Not that I'm buying a Vita til this comes out anyways, but still that seems like it would be shitty.

#48 Posted by TooWalrus (13254 posts) -
@kerse said:

This game isn't gonna also come out on PSN SoundShapes style right? Not that I'm buying a Vita til this comes out anyways, but still that seems like it would be shitty.

If a high-def version of P4:G came out on PSN, I'd be all over it. It'd save me a bunch of money, and would probably be a better experience, anyway.
#49 Posted by shermanatorek (114 posts) -

@kerse: @TooWalrus: All retail Vita games are on the PSN store

#50 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@shermanatorek said:

@kerse: @TooWalrus: All retail Vita games are on the PSN store

They're talking about the PS3 PSN, not Vita PSN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.