Persona 4 Journey - part 4**Spoilers about Marie!**

Posted by Jedted (2375 posts) -

So many great memories have been made playing this, this one however has got to be the biggest yet.

I didn't think the Ski Trip could get any more exciting. I was just snuggling up to Yukiko in the cold shack when the Velvet Lady, Margret, pulled me into one of the craziest dungeons yet. I knew i had to save Marie, i didn't spend all those days getting close to her and making new memories just for her to throw her life away. What i found at the end of the Hollow Forrest was not quite what i expected however, it was she that absorbed the fog that covered the down and she believed that she had to die. I would NOT have that, thanks my kick-ass team of Shadow Killers we freed Marie of the fog that controlled her!

Now Marie is Free to make many more memories with her new friends in Inaba. I can't wait to see what happens on Valentines day!

#1 Posted by Jedted (2375 posts) -

So many great memories have been made playing this, this one however has got to be the biggest yet.

I didn't think the Ski Trip could get any more exciting. I was just snuggling up to Yukiko in the cold shack when the Velvet Lady, Margret, pulled me into one of the craziest dungeons yet. I knew i had to save Marie, i didn't spend all those days getting close to her and making new memories just for her to throw her life away. What i found at the end of the Hollow Forrest was not quite what i expected however, it was she that absorbed the fog that covered the down and she believed that she had to die. I would NOT have that, thanks my kick-ass team of Shadow Killers we freed Marie of the fog that controlled her!

Now Marie is Free to make many more memories with her new friends in Inaba. I can't wait to see what happens on Valentines day!

#2 Posted by OmegaChosen (645 posts) -

I hated that dungeon. Especially when I took a step back and realized, "Wait. Why am I fighting at all?! Just run past them!" So much time wasted skipping turns in battle...

Saving Marie was pretty cool though, more so because it was new content and I didn't know whether she was going to make it or not.

Um...you didn't be a playboy, did you? If so, Valentine's might sting a bit...several times...in a row...

#3 Posted by Jedted (2375 posts) -

@OmegaChosen: Yeah eventually started running past all the shadows to conserve what little SP i had, though those levels where every door spawned a shadow was annoying. Fortunately i raised my Fox S-Link a bit so i used him to heal a few times including right before the final battle.

Does the final scene play out any differently if you don't max out Marie's S-Link?

And yes i was a bit of a playboy, i'm "intimate" with just about every girl(including Marie). I said "i love you" to Naoto but i don't think locked in with her(started pretty late since it took me a while to find the Man in Black). I did spend most of my special romantic days(like Christmas Eve and New Years Day) with Yukiko.

#4 Posted by OmegaChosen (645 posts) -

@Jedted: I spent the first half of the dungeon just fighting every enemy and wasting turn after turn healing without using the fox because for some reason I was afraid that if I left I'd have to start all over again. I also thought it was a possibility that even if I left I'd still have zeroed out money. When I finally worked up the courage to bounce I felt like smacking myself when I saw my items and cash came back.

The scene doesn't happen if you don't max her link. That whole dungeon, and possibly the months of January and February, don't occur if you don't max Marie in fact. Which in turn locks you out of the rather awesome epilogue.

So have you gone through Valentine's yet? I was a playboy, like many others, and...well, let's just say Atlus has convinced me to never have more than one girl ever again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.