Persona Soft Drink

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by metalsnakezero (2291 posts) -

Now they reached Final Fantasy level of branding. However, I'm more willing to drink this than the FF Potion.

source

#2 Edited by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

Not naming it TAP bums me out.

Or at least a Mock TAP can.

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Considering how Japan loves to franchise the shit out of anything it's no real surprise that this is happening. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

Yeah, this really should have been TAP soda.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I want some TAP man!

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

TAP.

#7 Posted by Bocam (3724 posts) -

Just so people know Ribbon Citron is the Japanese equivalent of TaP

#8 Posted by Commisar123 (1791 posts) -

I'm still trying to deal with this explosion of Persona 4 stuff I beat the game right before the anime started so it is like this never ending trip where I want to stop thinking about the game so it won't get ruined but I can't. Anyway I like soda

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I wish they would stop with all the Persona 4 branding.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Just so people know Ribbon Citron is the Japanese equivalent of TaP

thank god then

#11 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

One of those drinks will probably show up in a mail bag video.

#12 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

What, no Calorie Magic?

#13 Posted by metalsnakezero (2291 posts) -

@Simulacrum said:

One of those drinks will probably show up in a mail bag video.

I was thinking the same thing. There also other Persona 4 products out there now that may also show up.

@Commisar123 said:

I'm still trying to deal with this explosion of Persona 4 stuff I beat the game right before the anime started so it is like this never ending trip where I want to stop thinking about the game so it won't get ruined but I can't. Anyway I like soda

Probably wont stop till Persona 5 shows up in the video game news.

@Bocam said:

Just so people know Ribbon Citron is the Japanese equivalent of TaP

Guess that explains going with a name brand instead of some made up brand.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

What, no Calorie Magic?

Mind finding a Japanese high schooler with the looks and sexual appeal of Rise Kujikawa?

#15 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Don't need too. Just take the commercial in the game and repackage for real TV. Done.

#16 Posted by Irvandus (2877 posts) -

Can I drink it in battle?

#17 Posted by ch3burashka (5045 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Just so people know Ribbon Citron is the Japanese equivalent of TaP

So, does that mean it gives you 10 SP, or what?

#18 Posted by Bocam (3724 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: Yes it's what TaP was called in the Japanese version of the game

#19 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I want this drink and I never even played the game or got caught up by the ER that much.

#20 Edited by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

Tastes like truth. 
 
Bitter.

#21 Posted by Rapid (1359 posts) -

Mail Bag Mail Bag Mail Bag!

#22 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

I looked all over hell and high water for this today, but apparently it doesn't come out until July 2nd. Oops. Oh well, expect a first-hand taste test come then!

#23 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Can I drink it in battle?

It's a real bitch when you stock up on TaP and in the heat of battle, find out that you can't drink any of it.

#24 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

I'd drink it, but not during battle, though (It won't let me anyways).

#25 Posted by Jumbs (245 posts) -

Where can I buy this :(

#26 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Eirikr said:

I looked all over hell and high water for this today, but apparently it doesn't come out until July 2nd. Oops. Oh well, expect a first-hand taste test come then!

still waiting for this
 
 
i need to know
#27 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Eirikr said:
I looked all over hell and high water for this today, but apparently it doesn't come out until July 2nd. Oops. Oh well, expect a first-hand taste test come then!
Tell me everything about it. Everything.
#28 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@mutha3: @MikeGosot: Haha, well. I actually have spent a decent chunk of my free time for the past week and a half looking through dozens of stores and a hundred vending machines and no dice. It's been a bummer.

I did find some Japanese blogs where they too were complaining about the difficulty of finding it. The thing is, the actual drink, Ribbon Citron, is a hard find in and of itself. I've seen bottles of it in exactly one store so far, and finally found the actual cans (without the P4G branding, obviously) in a single, off-the-beaten-path vending machine. I gotta figure that the July 2nd date was just a soft launch and distribution will start to slowly improve.

But you still want a taste test? I did buy one of the regular Ribbon Citron cans and guess what? It's essentially just Sprite. So if you want to simulate the experience of Persona 4 Ribbon Citron at home, just grab a can of Sprite and imagine there's a silver-haired anime boy on it and voila, all the awesomeness without having expended a surreal effort finding it in the oppressive Japanese summer heat. But once I do find enough of the cans, maybe I'll do something cool, like have a contest here or something.

#29 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Eirikr: ...I'll never drink Sprite the same way again.
#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

But you still want a taste test? I did buy one of the regular Ribbon Citron cans and guess what? It's essentially just Sprite. So if you want to simulate the experience of Persona 4 Ribbon Citron at home, just grab a can of Sprite and imagine there's a silver-haired anime boy on it and voila, all the awesomeness without having expended a surreal effort finding it in the oppressive Japanese summer heat. But once I do find enough of the cans, maybe I'll do something cool, like have a contest here or something.

So what you're saying is that your experience was exactly like this?

#31 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: My disappointment rendered something closer to this.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Eirikr:

That reminds me: I'm disappointed you didn't respond with this.

#33 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Eirikr said:

@mutha3: @MikeGosot:

But you still want a taste test? I did buy one of the regular Ribbon Citron cans and guess what? It's essentially just Sprite. So if you want to simulate the experience of Persona 4 Ribbon Citron at home, just grab a can of Sprite and imagine there's a silver-haired anime boy on it and voila, all the awesomeness without having expended a surreal effort finding it in the oppressive Japanese summer heat. But once I do find enough of the cans, maybe I'll do something cool, like have a contest here or something.

 
 
 
no need to do any of this "taste testing" business anymore. as you can see, i flew to japan and got myself  a taste of this sweet business.

 i can vouch that persona ribbon citron is one of the greatest drinks ever made
#34 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Sure, but there's no way in hell I was going to puke it up after losing so much water via sweat tracking it down!

@mutha3: There we go, folks. Why pay $20 to import a $1.50 drink when you can just do this instead?

#35 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@mutha3: This is obviously fake! This is a BLUE haired anime boy, not a silver haired one! I'm disappointed in you.
#36 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@MikeGosot said:
@mutha3: This is obviously fake! This is a BLUE haired anime boy, not a silver haired one! I'm disappointed in you.
That's just an effect of the lighting, smartass. The high quality artwork should be more than enough evidence that I got the real deal, so I'm not even going to humor your limpdicked, petty accusations.
#37 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

@Video_Game_King: Sure, but there's no way in hell I was going to puke it up after losing so much water via sweat tracking it down!

@mutha3: There we go, folks. Why pay $20 to import a $1.50 drink when you can just do this instead?

I don't think soft drinks are very hydrating....

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5639 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@MikeGosot said:
@mutha3: This is obviously fake! This is a BLUE haired anime boy, not a silver haired one! I'm disappointed in you.
That's just an effect of the lighting, smartass. The high quality artwork should be more than enough evidence that I got the real deal, so I'm not even going to humor your limpdicked, petty accusations.

It's suddenly like that part in Persona where Adachi starts using inappropriate language!

#39 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Hunter5024 said:

@mutha3 said:

@MikeGosot said:
@mutha3: This is obviously fake! This is a BLUE haired anime boy, not a silver haired one! I'm disappointed in you.
That's just an effect of the lighting, smartass. The high quality artwork should be more than enough evidence that I got the real deal, so I'm not even going to humor your limpdicked, petty accusations.

It's suddenly like that part in Persona where Adachi starts using inappropriate language!

That's complete BS!
#40 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Well, I just clicked on that link and AVG apparently blocked a Javascript exploit so there's that. As for the drink itself I think it's pretty cool just conceptually, but I'm a sucker for the whole "Fictional food/drink brought into the real world" thing. It would be much cooler if they came out with a Dr. Salt NEO though.

Moderator
#41 Posted by alternate (2697 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

@Eirikr said:

@Video_Game_King: Sure, but there's no way in hell I was going to puke it up after losing so much water via sweat tracking it down!

@mutha3: There we go, folks. Why pay $20 to import a $1.50 drink when you can just do this instead?

I don't think soft drinks are very hydrating....

Have you fallen for the Sports Drink PR that hard? It is mostly made up of water so will hydrate you even if it has a load of sugar and other crap in it.

#42 Posted by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

Need some Tap

#43 Posted by metalsnakezero (2291 posts) -

Sprite just tested a little bit better.

#44 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

It would be much cooler if they came out with a Dr. Salt NEO though.

Given the opinions given on the current Persona 4 soft drink, you're gonna end up with something that tastes like salt water or cum. Maybe Orange Smash would have better luck.

#45 Edited by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Weekend update: NOPE

I did find this at the grocery store though:

If you ask me, I think Index has finally pushed the Persona 4 product envelope a little too far. They'd better announce Persona 5 soon before the fan backlash ends up biting them in the ass.

In a week or so I'll probably be headed to Den Den Town, Osaka's version of Akihabara. If the can isn't somewhere in there, I think I'll officially stop my search.

#46 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

, :

Went to Den Den Town today, which is its own story, but no P4 drinks to be found. I get home and need to go to the 100 yen store (across the street from my apartment) to get something when I notice its vending machine has Ribbon Citron in it, for 100 yen each. I'm thirsty anyway, so I stick in a coin expecting to be disappointed like all the other times...but my heart jumped when I saw it vend out a can with a silver-haired anime boy on it. I was so excited I kept buying them until the machine was sold out, which, granted, was only 4 cans.

I think there's only one thing to say to this.

#47 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

@Eirikr: Fantastic, I suppose the long quest to find the Persona 4 branded soft drink can now come to an end. Looking at that image, it would have been cool if they actually had pictures of the different members of the Investigation Team on different cans so that people would try to collect them all.

#48 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Eirikr
 
aw shit, son.
 
How does it taste? Is it sprite with an anime boy on it?
 
 
@FluxWaveZ said:

@Eirikr:it would have been cool if they actually had pictures of the different members of the Investigation Team on different cans so that people would try to collect them all.

don't give them ideas
#49 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Why hasn't there been a mail bag for this already!?!

#50 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@mutha3: I forgot to tell you...I lied. Of course it's going to taste better with a real anime boy on it.

Actually, I haven't drank any of them yet. It's the old conundrum of "what do I do with this gold now that I've found it?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.