Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Pursuing My True Self/Intro Question (Persona 4 Golden OST)

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

So I really, really, REALLY love the intro to Persona 4 on the PS2. Like, it's one of my favorite things ever.

Like, holy crap. I even set this as my ringtone and I haven't played more than a few moments of this game. (I did watch the whole ER though)

But I kinda hate the Vita intro. I think it really sucks - music, dancing characters, etc. I want to play the Vita game when I end up with a Vita at some point since there's a lot of nice enhancements...but is this music to be found anywhere? It really stinks that they didn't just make a widescreen version of the original intro since it's so spot-on. Persona 3 (and FES) didn't have nearly the awesome intros so I didn't mind those being messed with.

Or heck, maybe I'll just play the original game on my PC with an emulator or something. That'd look good too and at least I'd have original Chie too. Gaahhh I dunno.

For reference: uggghhh...just not tonally right with the rest of the game, honestly

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Wait, you didn't like Persona 3's original intro? This one, to be specific?

Loading Video...

Anyway, I don't think that a disappointing intro video is any reason to not play Golden if you really want to.

EDIT: Wow, that Persona 4 Golden intro is way more disappointing than I expected.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

Even though i could not stand P3 portable it has a great intro.

You should totally play Golden, maybe get a Vita TV when that comes out? Dont let a dumb intro stop you.

But playing it on PC is alright.

Loading Video...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Yeah, the P4G intro is terrible. That harmonica especially grates on me. But the original intro is still in the game's TV menu.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

@believer258: I mean, I got FES on PSN and so the main intro I was introduced to was this one:

Loading Video...

...which is a cool but kinda weird remix thing. I thought the original "Burn My Dread" intro was a little weak, especially since I was already familiar with the Persona 4 intro. In general, though, I really love the soundtrack in Persona 3. Just...man, I can deal with a lot of broken Japan English but the term burn my dread is a bit much for me for some reason.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Justin258

@believer258: I mean, I got FES on PSN and so the main intro I was introduced to was this one:

Loading Video...

...which is a cool but kinda weird remix thing. I thought the original "Burn My Dread" intro was a little weak, especially since I was already familiar with the Persona 4 intro. In general, though, I really love the soundtrack in Persona 3. Just...man, I can deal with a lot of broken Japan English but the term burn my dread is a bit much for me for some reason.

I was already familiar with the P4 intro, too, but there's something about that "tick tick tick BURN MY DREEEEEAAADDDD!" little bit about halfway through, complete with the image of the guy using the evoker, that just got me every single time in a way that P4's intro didn't.

Even though i could not stand P3 portable it has a great intro.

You should totally play Golden, maybe get a Vita TV when that comes out? Dont let a dumb intro stop you.

But playing it on PC is alright.

Loading Video...

I like this one a lot, too. Guess I'm just more inclined toward the hard rock-ish music than the more pop-like tunes of Persona 4. Persona 4 has Persona 3 beaten as far as boss music goes, though.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Wemibelle
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Rabid619

The Persona 4 Golden intro is definitely something that you have to let grow on you. The first few times I heard it I really didn't care for it either, but after a good 100+ hours spent playing that game I came to really love it. Sure, it's tonally completely different from the original P4 intro to the point where its rather jarring, but god damn does it crawl its way into your heart eventually.

I will say though that despite the Golden intro song warming my heart like it's nobodies business, I still think the original P4 intro song is better, despite not having played the PS2 version myself.

At the end of the day I'm just in love with any and all music from Persona 3 and 4 at this point. So damn good.

EDIT: Also, give new Chie a chance. Once I got used to the voice change I could never go back to old Chie. The new voice is SO much better.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Intro is bad but it still IS the greatest game ever made. New Chie and Teddie are fine, obviously I prefer the old VAs but I will live.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabid619: After getting used to the new chie and going back to old chie, she sounds so old.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

There's nothing wrong with any of the intros.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: @wemibelec90: Both awesome, but it took me an hour and a half to beat Nyx. The Battle For Everyone's Souls was looping that entire time. Plus, it uses some of the Velvet Room music, which I had grown to dislike long before doing that boss. It's also the final boss music and not the main boss music. And while we're on the topic of final boss music, I like Persona 4's final boss music a little better too (the second form's). Its slower pace lends the battle a greater sense of tension, which is all given a cathartic release toward the end when the Persona 4 leitmotif plays.

Loading Video...

Mass Destruction came across in an awesome moment and worked well in the game, but I'd never listen to it outside of that particular moment.

I guess I should mention that I like Persona 3 better overall. Closing out the last month of the game with Memories of the City playing most of the time was really effective.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I love both P4 intros, though the Vita one did take a few listens before I fell for it.

Anywho, the original intro is still in the Vita version. You just have to unlock it in Daily Personamations (lets you rewatch all the animated cut scenes too).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christaran: I enjoy the scores to all, but P4G intro movie specifically, is dumb.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: I love every piece of music in all of P3 and P4 with one exception: Omen from Persona 4. Hate that track. I will mute the game when it plays.

Other than that, nothing I don't like or love (sorry, can't agree with you on Shadow World; love it.)

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By ThunderSlash
    Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you're gonna let a skippable intro prevent you from playing THE best version of P4, then I don't know what to say to you.

1. New Chie is the best Chie.

Loading Video...

2. The lack of "The Almighty" in this topic is disgusting.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigjeffrey

@flappy: The Almighty is awesome as Fuck. Those guitar licks are ear Orgasms.

@bigjeffrey: I love every piece of music in all of P3 and P4 with one exception: Omen from Persona 4. Hate that track. I will mute the game when it plays.

Other than that, nothing I don't like or love (sorry, can't agree with you on Shadow World; love it.)

Talking about the movie, the song i love.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For those of you who don't like P4G's intro, you suck. Shadow World is fantastic.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

I kind of feel the same about both of them in that I really like the first part of each one. In Pursuing My True Self, I love everything up until the part where the anime scenes of all the characters kick in, and in Shadow World I love the first part where everyone's dancing. After those points, the rest I can take or leave.

I think I'm not huge on most of Shadow World because the parts with the scooters and the ski gear is all, "Hey y'all look this is the new shit in the Vita one, check it out!" and doesn't really make for a cool opening cinematic, no matter how flashy and neat the presentation is.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wasn't a fan of the new intro at first, either... but within a day of getting the game I was humming along to it, and now I know most of the words. That song is pretty great, and while completely tonally different from the original intro I think it's goddamn perfect for most of the new content in The Golden.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karmosin

I liked it very much the first times I heard it but nowadays I'd rather just have pursuing my true self. Not a bad song though, rather catchy actually. And I love the bizarre image of the brightly colored hanging corpses.

Kinda wish the new intro could have been more like this:

Loading Video...

(Kinda crappy video I know, but youtube is completely devoid of it other than this one... :/)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By probablytuna

Golden was my introduction to Persona 4 so I love the intro and the accompanying song for it. That being said, I also really like Pursuing My True Self. At first I wasn't that keen on Shadow World since I had listened to the Persona 4 soundtrack non-stop, but after the second time I watched the intro it clicked. I think the soundtrack for Persona 4 Golden has some amazing tracks and even better than a lot of the music in the original. Like A Sky Full of Stars? HOLY JESUS just makes me want to spend all my nights chatting with Chie outside Aiya.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the love for Mist?

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.