School Camping Trip**Spoilers**

#1 Posted by Jedted (2258 posts) -

Maybe this is a dumb question but is it not possible to get pushed in the freezing cold water with Youske?  I thought maybe if you disagree with him when he says the girls will become super hot then they won't turn on you. 

Do none of the choices in this scene matter? 

#2 Posted by casper_ (882 posts) -

if you choose to kill the rachni queen you may lose a valuable ally but in the long run may avoid another large scale conflict like the rachni wars

#3 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

no .. and no ..and they do become super hot.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I dont want to break the illusion of persona, but non of the dialog choices really matter. What dose matter is when you chose to do something. Such as if you chose to hang out with someone before a certan point in the story the dialog will change. But even then it is still just an added line.

#5 Posted by Jedted (2258 posts) -
@casper_:  I KNEW someone would make a reference to Mass Effect. 

I did get some positive feedback from Yukiko when i said she looked cute, does that make her like me more?  Or does that reaction have to do with my S-link? 
#6 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I dont want to break the illusion of persona, but non of the dialog choices really matter. What dose matter is when you chose to do something. Such as if you chose to hang out with someone before a certan point in the story the dialog will change. But even then it is still just an added line.

The dialogue choices determine whether you go down the friendship or lovers route in a social link, which is kind of a big deal. Also, if you want Naoto's female Yasogami costume, you've got to tell her you like her voice higher. There are plenty of occasions (not non) where the dialogue (dialog) does (dose) matter

#7 Posted by Hailinel (22720 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Dagbiker said:

The dialogue choices determine whether you go down the friendship or lovers route in a social link, which is kind of a big deal. Also, if you want Naoto's female Yasogami costume, you've got to tell her you like her voice higher. There are plenty of occasions (not non) where the dialogue (dialog) does (dose) matter

Dialogue selections near the end of the game are also vital to avoiding the bad ending/getting the true ending.

#8 Posted by Jedted (2258 posts) -
@TooWalrus:  If i get Yukiko's S-link high enough before the camp out does her cooking not suck? 
#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (7570 posts) -
@Hailinel

@TooWalrus said:

@Dagbiker said:

Dialogue selections near the end of the game are also vital to avoiding the bad ending/getting the true ending.

Right choices in the game can even boost your stats and let you rank up an S-Link in less time which is crucial if you want to max out everyone.
#10 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@Jedted: Hah! Those are some of the best questions I've heard regarding this scene.

Firstly, no matter how close you are to any of the girls, their cooking NEVER gets good. Except Naoto, as she knows how to follow a cook book and is as such decent at cooking from the start.

Aside from that, your choices in the swimming scene make you closer to one, the other or neither of the girls (in terms of S-Links). Many people just choose to tell the one that is not maxed and/or is the further from levelling up their s-link rank. Or, uno, you can just say whatever you want to because from memory you only get 2 points for it (the number of musical notes you get for a response in hang-out scenes equates to a number of points that works towards earning the next S-Link rank).

That scene is not a flag for any of the lovers paths either, so don't worry about that. Oh, and no, you can't avoid ending up in the river.

As a side question: Did anyone else interpret Kanji's nose bleed as him simply freaking bleeding from getting kicked in the face by Chie last night?

#11 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Jedted: Hah! Those are some of the best questions I've heard regarding this scene.

Firstly, no matter how close you are to any of the girls, their cooking NEVER gets good. Except Naoto, as she knows how to follow a cook book and is as such decent at cooking from the start.

Aside from that, your choices in the swimming scene make you closer to one, the other or neither of the girls (in terms of S-Links). Many people just choose to tell the one that is not maxed and/or is the further from levelling up their s-link rank. Or, uno, you can just say whatever you want to because from memory you only get 2 points for it (the number of musical notes you get for a response in hang-out scenes equates to a number of points that works towards earning the next S-Link rank).

That scene is not a flag for any of the lovers paths either, so don't worry about that. Oh, and no, you can't avoid ending up in the river.

As a side question: Did anyone else interpret Kanji's nose bleed as him simply freaking bleeding from getting kicked in the face by Chie last night?

Yeah, I've thought that for the longest time. Here's the thing though: during one late game get together at Junes with the gang, I did the whole "what's the situation" thing and they explained what happened when Kanji ran in.

Apparently, Kanji ran in yelling about girls and stuff and Chie kicked him so hard in the nads that he was knocked out.

Which confuses me on why he was bleeding from the nose. -_- Even if he was gay, he was looking at Yosuke and MC beforehand and nothing happened. Why would them falling into the river and shivering get his blood rushing?

So my current theory is that as he fell unconscious he hit his face hard and then was subsequently squeezed in a vice my Hanako.

#12 Posted by Welding (140 posts) -

Guys. The nosebleed? It's anime. He got excited from seeing girls in bikinis. Anime.

#13 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@OmegaChosen: @Welding:

Yeah, the "it's anime" thing is where I'm leaning nowadays. In the skii trip, when he's teaching Naoto he gets a nosebleed as well (it's short, during the animated sequence).

Sigh.

But yeah, when I first saw it my mental version of the events was:

• Chie kicked him in the face
  • he passes out
  • next day they do the whole swimsuit scene
  • he happens to start bleeding when they push the dudes into the water
  • the girls push him in to cover up the fact that he's bleeding from his effing face because of them (well, and his poor decisions).

But I guess that was a bit elaborate.

#14 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: I read this and someone said on the Ski Trip,Naoto feel on his face,and I like the idea of him falling flat on face from getting there,but would he really get knocked unconscious from that? On the other hand,I didn't really pay much attention to her falling on his face.

#15 Posted by Jedted (2258 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic:  I don't watch a lot of anime but that nosebleed trope sounds weird to me.  Could it be that Kanji is just light headed from being higher up in the mountains? 
#16 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

@Jedted said:

@TooWalrus: If i get Yukiko's S-link high enough before the camp out does her cooking not suck?

There's not enough S-linking in the world to make that woman a good cook.

#17 Posted by Bocam (3554 posts) -

@Jedted said:

@selfconfessedcynic: I don't watch a lot of anime but that nosebleed trope sounds weird to me. Could it be that Kanji is just light headed from being higher up in the mountains?

Instead of the blood going to his penis (an erection), it goes to his nose.

#18 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@Jedted said:

@selfconfessedcynic: I don't watch a lot of anime but that nosebleed trope sounds weird to me. Could it be that Kanji is just light headed from being higher up in the mountains?

Instead of the blood going to his penis (an erection), it goes to his nose.

It gets the idea across without being too vulgar, I kinda dig it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.