Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Some questions about the new additions to the game

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hey

I read some of the additions to the game and I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

So I played the PS2 original so all spoilers that relate to that are okay but no new stuff.

How do I get characters to their third tier persona? How do I get to play in january and february? How do I get the new ending? And what other stuff is new that I shouldn't miss? When does everyone ride motorcycles? Avoid spoilers as much as possible

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

Investigation Team members get their third tier persona in a social link rank-esque cutscene in January/February after you catch the culprit. They'll approach you at lunch time and ask to hang out with you after school.

To play in January/February, you have to max Marie's social link by December. I think it's got to be before you confront the culprit proper, but it could be earlier. You don't have to romance her, just max it.

Some Investigation Team members will be standing in the Shopping District with their bikes on certain days and you can ride to the hot springs with them to learn new skills/relearn old skills on their personas.

Also, you don't want to miss the Adachi S. Link, but it can be kind of hard to track him down sometimes. Just be sure to check Junes during the day and the Shopping District at night.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

As far as I can remember (having played it about a year ago), most of the stuff you speak of--new Personas, new months, new ending--are all tied to interactions with the new character, Marie. If you spend your time with her wisely, you will be able to progress to the new content. Most of the new scenes, above stuff aside, comes naturally through the game's story. You will just see scenes you don't recognize pop up quite regularly.

I believe motorcycles come naturally as part of the story? Yosuke will talk about them for awhile before you are given the option to get one of your own. That opens up the possibilities to use them socially with your friends, and they appear in a scene or two of their own.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90: I've played for a while, I'm up to August 22, the summer festival, and my Social link with Marie is rank 5 and Adachi is rank 2, is that bad?

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

@venatio said:

@wemibelec90: I've played for a while, I'm up to August 22, the summer festival, and my Social link with Marie is rank 5 and Adachi is rank 2, is that bad?

You should have enough time to finish both. Just be sure that you get Adachi to rank 6 before shit hits the fan in November.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadpanCakes

@venatio: Maxing Marie's social link is far more important than maxing Adachi's social link, if I recall correctly. Though, I'm fairly certain you're still in a good position to see all the additional content tied to the new social links (it's been a while since I played it though). I'm sure you can proceed the way you've been going through thus far, and not miss anything, really.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They are related to Marie/Adachi's Social Links. Do both. The game will literally smack you over the head in December and say "YO FINISH MARIE'S SOCIAL LINK YOU STILL HAVE TIME IF YOU START NOW" but it won't for Adachi's Social Link. Get Marie's rank to 3-5 before December (or finish it early it dosen't matter, but she's available every day in December) and meet with Adachi every oppertunity yuou get. However, you can't rank-10 Adachi's through meeting with him. After rank ~6 it automatically completes through the storyline.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venatio: The game does a decent job of telling you when new stuff is available. Like they said, the game will literally remind you to hang out with Marie and she's available nearly everyday I think before the end of December. You can't get third tier personas until Jan. and Feb. Provided they are already at tier 2, you'll know when you can.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's also worth noting that the changes in golden make the difficulty level much lower over all. By new game plus it will be pretty trivial to blast through a max all s-link run and see whatever you might have missed the first time. So, no pressure really.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@deadpancakes: Maxing Adachi's social link is way important if you want to go down the accomplice secret ending route.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's also worth noting that the changes in golden make the difficulty level much lower over all. By new game plus it will be pretty trivial to blast through a max all s-link run and see whatever you might have missed the first time. So, no pressure really.

Oh yeah I am having no problem whatsoever with combat, I'm lvl 55 already, by using that SOS thing and buying tons of SP recovery items I can keep fighting for a long time, playing on normal might've been a bad choice

Also, is there a new dungeon in the game?

asky314159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@venatio said:

Also, is there a new dungeon in the game?

Yeah, it'll unlock if you have Marie maxed by the end of December.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.