Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

The End?

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bloo561

Since we crossing a remake of Persona 4 do you think Atlus is on its final leg for Persona 4? You think they're ready to close the book of the japan famous story?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

It does indeed look like this is the last new release for Persona 4. Not that there's anything wrong with that, they were definitely a lot more successful at expanding upon it than its predecessor. With the Persona 4 anime being miles and miles better than the Persona 3 "inspired" anime no one even wants to admit exists and the fact they even managed to get a fighting game in, Persona 4 has had a great stretch.

I'm sure they and everyone else is ready to move on to Persona 5.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

God I hope so

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

It's been a good run, but its time to close the book on Persona 4 and move on.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I haven't seen a game milked so bad since all the SF2 iterations

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Bourbon_Warrior: I don't think this got that extreme, especially if you look at its predecessor. I mean Persona 3 has had Persona 3: FES, Persona 3 Portable, and a certain anime no one wants to even name (that doesn't really have anything to do with P3 directly), so yeah. Instead of having both a FES and Portable, Persona 4 went Golden and threw a fighting game in the side that even includes members of its predecessor. It's just a little odd how all the extra stuff suddenly started coming out around the same time period but it's not to the point of beating a dead horse considering how fresh the releases have been.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ch3burashka

Until Persona 4-2.

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Bloo561

said: I kinda made a thread for this exact subject.

1. I didn't know that

2. It was on the Persona 4 forums while this is on the golden forums so people has two places to find the same question.

said: I haven't seen a game milked so bad since all the SF2 iterations

I admit Persona 4 was milked out a lot from a game to a anime and manga to even its own movies and stage play with pretty of spin off novels of some of the characters. But the day they say either 1. the play is going worldwise or 2. japan is going to make a amusement park based off persona will be the day I will say persona has become a milker.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

As far as pure Persona 4, yeah I think its done. As far as the Persona 4 cast, I don't think we've seen the last of them. The ending of Persona 4 Arena proves that.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Zereta

Really wish Persona 4: The Golden would come over to the 360, but oh well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So they put out a video, a comic book, a spinoff game and a cleaned up remake. That's what most big franchises get. Dead Space gets a movie, a comic book, a novel and a spinoff game with each release. Mass Effect gets a comic book and a novel. Assassin's Creed, Halo, Dragon Age, Gears of War, Uncharted; when gamers get into a franchise, they might be interested beyond just the games. I read those first three Mass Effect novels and a few of the comics, I watched that Dead Space animated film and the comic book, feels good bro.

Also I don't think they'll do Persona 4 2... I think they'll do Persona 4 Arena 2. Because Arc doesn't draw sprites and then release one game with them. Especially if it's popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.