Voice cast the same?

#1 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Not sure I can handle P4G if it doesn't have the same voice actors! Simple question, has there been any news on this?

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

They haven't even announced the localization yet, but I'd imagine it would be a top priority for them. It'd be really disappointing otherwise.

#3 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

My hope is that they already have all the voice work from the PS2 version they could use.

#4 Posted by SonGoten (12 posts) -

@RiotBananas said:

My hope is that they already have all the voice work from the PS2 version they could use.

I doubt that. Because this game has new events and more voice acting for other scenes that didn't have voice acting in the original, so they can't just reuse everything. But they said they're trying to get all the voice cast back for Persona 4 Arena, so if they get them in that, they'll most likely be in this too.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (23986 posts) -

@SonGoten said:

@RiotBananas said:

I doubt that. Because this game has new events and more voice acting for other scenes that didn't have voice acting in the original, so they can't just reuse everything. But they said they're trying to get all the voice cast back for Persona 4 Arena, so if they get them in that, they'll most likely be in this too.

They can reuse all of the dialogue that was in the original PS2 version; they would just need to record new dialogue for the new Golden-specific content. The same occurred with Persona 3 FES and Portable. dialogue that remained the same in later versions was just reused from the original version. It would be far less work on Atlus's part if they could get back all of the original voice actors for their roles as it wouldn't require them to rerecord every line of dialogue with the new voice actor.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36121 posts) -

Good news: they're using the same voice actors. Bad news: none of them will be in the same roles. Prepare to hear Chie speaking with Johnny Yong Bosch's voice, and Nanako speaking in Chickenhead's voice. Also, Yuri Lowenthal, apparently.

#7 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1380 posts) -

They can rip out all the voice acting for all I care as long as it comes out over here

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

I'm hoping for an option to have Microsoft Sam for the guys and Microsoft Anna for the girls.

#9 Posted by wafflez (523 posts) -

A number of the characters in Catherine share voice actors with characters in P4.  It seems Atlus keeps them on speed dial so its not crazy to think they all will  stay the same..

#10 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

Good news: they're using the same voice actors. Bad news: none of them will be in the same roles. Prepare to hear Chie speaking with Johnny Yong Bosch's voice, and Nanako speaking in Chickenhead's voice. Also, Yuri Lowenthal, apparently.

Hey, how do you know that? That's supposed to be confidential!
#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36121 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Hey, how do you know that?

*transforms into Eggman* Because you've just told me.

#12 Posted by Gaff (1669 posts) -
@RiotBananas

Not sure I can handle P4G if it doesn't have the same voice actors! Simple question, has there been any news on this?

Sorry, but every character is going to be voiced by Geoff Gerstmann and Vincent Caravella. Never heard of them, must be relative newcomers in the field of VA. I don't have a lot of faith in Atlus after I heard their casting choice.
#13 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

@Gaff: Who is Geoff Gerstmann?

I wouldn't mind if Jeff Gerstmann got a role voicing Ghoul.

#14 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

@Dizzyhippos said:

They can rip out all the voice acting for all I care as long as it comes out over here

Hey Atlus, if you're reading this... ignore this guy. He's crazy.

#15 Posted by Gaff (1669 posts) -
@RiotBananas No idea! Some kind of alias perhaps?
#16 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1380 posts) -

@RiotBananas said:

@Dizzyhippos said:

Hey Atlus, if you're reading this... ignore this guy. He's crazy.

I am not saying I dont want the voice cast to be as close to the original as possible but if its between getting it with no VO and not getting it I am willing to take that compromise

#17 Edited by Sanj (2354 posts) -

With the original English v/o of Chie and Teddie missing from P4 Arena, it's gotten me worried about whether those voice actors will reprise their roles in P4 Golden to record the extra dialogue. If they don't return, it means that ALL their dialogue would have to be re-recorded by new voice actors.

#18 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -
#19 Edited by Peanut (953 posts) -

I just wish they were more clear on why the changes were made. Were the VO's busy? No interest in doing it? Asked for too much money? Just giving it an answer the entire thing becomes way easier to stomach.

#20 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I trust they will try their best, if not I'm still going to buy it but it would be unfortunate

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.