What additions/modifications do you want?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

For this Vita remake/remastering/re-imagining/remixing of Persona 4, what additions or modifications would you want made to The Golden to make it better to you than Persona 4?

#2 Posted by Zithe (1040 posts) -

I would appreciate if running up and hitting shadows with your weapon was a little easier or at least more consistent. In Persona 3, I felt this aspect was super loose and twitchy. They improved it a bit in Persona 4, but if they could go a little farther in this area that would be great.

I don't think they would do this, but I also think it would be great if they brought in the Analysis system from Persona 3 so that you don't have to hit an enemy with literally every type of damage to get the full readout.

#3 Edited by Cathryn (550 posts) -

I think the only thing that would currently make me want to pick this up is allowing the player to keep their level in New Game +

I've been wanting to go back and do a completist playthrough of Persona 4 for some time now, but I also don't really want to have to labour through the dungeons a second time around. I think one of the best features of Persona 3 that they took out of Persona 4 was the ability to coast through the dungeon-crawling on New Game +, allowing the player to enjoy the story again and max all the S. links much easier.

I'd also be happy if they tweaked the weapon crafting system a bit to provide at least some info on what possibilities are available to you at any given time and what ingredients you need to make them. I'm not a fan of weapon crafting systems in the first place and I felt that P4's was a little too random -- you just saved up materials and hoped you had enough of things to make something new when you sold them.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I don't really think there needs to be modifications just additions. More lines of dialogue, interesting new character, new items etc.

#5 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
I don't really think there needs to be modifications just additions. More lines of dialogue, interesting new character, new items etc.
This. Every modification I would want would be so large it would be something addressed in P5.
#6 Posted by Term (83 posts) -

The only thing I wish they would change is add more events to summer, so it doesn't drag as badly. It's especially noticeable when they decide to just up and cannibalize one of your weeks by making you help out at Junes. Apart from that, Persona 4 is pretty perfect as is. Pretty much anything they add or change would be superficial or ease of use at this point, not that those things aren't more than welcome.

Side thought: I hope they don't add anything that upsets game balance like they did with P3P. Skill cards and party control made it far too easy.

#7 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Re-rolling fusions

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I wish they would add the characters' birthdays as events. We know the birthdays of each member of the main cast, yet they weren't even celebrated in Persona 4.

#9 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

They should add a sequel and the option to lock-in one or two skills if they show up once while fusing Personas.

#10 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

More, crazier demons.

#11 Posted by Term (83 posts) -

@G3RHRT @Scrumdidlyumptious: There's a screenshot of the fusion results screen that seems to suggest you'll be able to choose skills now, though they haven't actually said that is the case yet.

#12 Edited by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

Very few, if any, honestly. Graphically, I don't care about normal mapping, specular highlighting, god rays.... I just want some damn AA. *crosses fingers*

Gameplay-wise, I think Chie needs a buff, or at least some rebalancing. Her moveset is very biased towards the physical, but her stats are just... generic, all around. It feels like she SHOULD have a specialty in physical attacks, but doesn't. I'm thinking just boost her luck a bit so she lands more criticals.

A couple random things...

- It would be nice to rearrange a persona's moves so you don't have your most-used skill in the middle of the list and vice-versa

- I wish choices you made had more of an effect on the dialogue, character's dispositions to you, etc.

- Higher difficulty settings (I think normal is fine how it is though)

- A special icon for deadline days on the calendar - I remember when I played though it the first time I was freaking out not knowing exactly how long I had (maybe a 100% fog icon?)

- Instead of making areas like the Amagi Inn and the hospital only accessible by bus, adding them to the world map and make them explorable (probably not gonna happen)

- An optional dungeon for Margaret

#13 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

I want a playable demo of that Persona fighting game on it. It has to have Chie in it.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

I want a playable demo of that Persona fighting game on it. It has to have Chie in it.

Demo? Both games are going to be out at the same time in Japan.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

A lot of the things that I would want have already been said, so I'll just go with this. Since more story portions of the game are getting the anime cutscene treatment, I want the pageants animated.

Both of them.

#16 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

A walking animation for the protagonist while in dungeons. It is miniscule but the absence of walking animations bugs the hell out of me. Especially when it is done like P4 where you would move at a walking speed with a running animation :P

#17 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Fine, I want a playable secret demo of Persona 5 which is only gotten when you complete the game on the hardest difficulty with a protagonist named Charlie Tunoku who has gone into the Meat Dimension in a new game (not new game plus).

#18 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

Adding voice work to the Social Link events would be nice.

#19 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Some really small things, like a shortcut to change what Persona you have equipped without having to go through three menus, and also a way to rearrange the order of skills in the list.

#20 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Ok, I only watched the ER and have never played the game, but a real meat dimension level would be cool.

#21 Posted by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

@jozzy:

Or just ANY kind of reward for completing the beef bowl challenge... I found the nothing I received for it quite anticlimactic.

Something else I've been thinking while playing through the game -- I wouldn't mind new miniboss music, seeing as it's just a rearrangement of the battle theme. Don't get me wrong, it's a great track, it's just that the minibosses are there to break up the monotony a bit, and it would be nice to have fresh music as well, like in P3.

#22 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

They pretty much added everything I wanted like costumes, events, and that new character.

What I would like them to do is add more magic spells and attacks for combat. Maybe easier ways to get lots of Exp and either make fishing better or don't need to fish at all.

#23 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

More usseles minigames , Bike Riding? yes please! I saw a picture but probably is going to be an event , so on a serious note just 2 things out of my mind.

• Dismissing Personas freely (like in P3P) that to me is an amazing feature by Persona 3/4 standards.
  • Persona Item fusing also from P3P (Maybe was already in FES?) just fuse those personas you don´t want an create usefull items for your party members.

Other than that I can´t think on anything crucial , maybe cheaper SP from the Mysterious Fox? I don´t know Im happy already with extra costumes and the new character content.

#24 Posted by Coreyrc (1 posts) -

Honestly, I know people might disagree with me on this, but I would LOVE a gay option like they did in Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

Because I am a gaymer and, while I loved Persona 4 as it was, was kinda turned off by the whole romance part of P4. I mean it's not that I didn't like all of the female characters, its just that I didn't really want to romance any of the females. I think that 90% of the fandom would squee like fangirls if they had the opportunity to romance Kanji or Teddie, hell maybe even Yosuke or Ken or Daisuke.

And even then it doesn't really have to be a full on romance, I mean maybe just a little bit more definite one way or the other with Kanji's sexuality and go from there. I get that putting homosexual stuff in Japanese public media is like, taboo or something, but I mean a lot of people already ship the MC with the guys anyways.

#25 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

what would really make me happy is a character from persona 5 making a tiny tiny cameo (like vincent in p3p)

i hope the character they added isn't it though; i don't like her design. those striped leggings, yuck.

#26 Posted by DeeGee (2139 posts) -

I want to make Kanji my girlfriend.

#27 Posted by Gnorbooth (288 posts) -

Adding spoken dialog for the social link events and Sony has my money for a Vita. Then Atlus has my money for MORE DAMN PERSONA 4! That was really my only gripe with P4. Let's reiterate the plot over and over again, but all the S Links get random noises and the occasional word? Bummer. Other then that, more make out sesh's with Margaret, Meat Dimension level, and more Chie. For real though, more costumes and any new characters doesn't sound too bad. Being able to pick Persona skills would make me feel dirty, but the amount of time it would save would make it a worthwhile addition.

@Cathryn said:

I think the only thing that would currently make me want to pick this up is allowing the player to keep their level in New Game +

I've been wanting to go back and do a completist playthrough of Persona 4 for some time now, but I also don't really want to have to labour through the dungeons a second time around. I think one of the best features of Persona 3 that they took out of Persona 4 was the ability to coast through the dungeon-crawling on New Game +, allowing the player to enjoy the story again and max all the S. links much easier.

I'm sure you know this (I'm just looking out for ya) but New Game+ does let you keep your Compendium. And the ability to pull out any level Persona, regardless of player level. Which means the Persona's themselves really solve this issue (I guess money could possibly be an issue early game). Rolling through with a bitchin' compendium and high level Persona's, makes for a real lax second or third playthrough. But I agree, it would be nice to keep levels on the characters.

#28 Posted by lockon_one (93 posts) -

maybe have more animated cut scenes, more events, arrangement of persona skills, more places in map. though nothing major...

#29 Edited by PerfidiousSinn (770 posts) -

-I wanna know what the eyemeans.

-Vision Quest challenges, like Persona 3 Portable

-When fusing Personas, let me hit a button to re-roll skills. Also, if I'm about to fuse or pick up a Persona that's already in my Compendium, put a check mark by its name so I know I already have it.

#30 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

I want funky student playable.

#31 Posted by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

Another game balance point I was thinking about recently- does anyone else feel Almighty skills should be buffed or made cheaper? I mean sure they're non-elemental and that's great for avoiding drain and reflection and all that but... they're just so damn expensive for the amount of damage done, it's just never worth it to cast them.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Starclopsofish: I agree with that. The fact that Almighty spells were weak made Naoto practically useless except for her Mudo spells.
#33 Posted by SpiritGoat (127 posts) -

I want to date Yousuke

#34 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Starclopsofish: I agree with that. The fact that Almighty spells were weak made Naoto practically useless except for her Mudo spells.

Almighty can be a One Hit Kill, since it's not proportional to the health of the enemies. Naoto Almighty skills made grinding much easier in the last dungeon. I like Almighty spells the way they are now, maybe they should make them spend less "Mana"(I forgot what that was called in P4.)...

Also, i would like new optional dungeons and i would like to change my weapon like in P3. It would be kind of useless, since there is only one type of Physical damage now... But maybe your weapon could affect your status, and if your weapon style was the same of a character you know, you could gain a bonus in a S. Link.

And the birthday event thing would be AWESOME!

Sorry if my english is bad...

#35 Posted by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

Almighty damage wasn't this weak in P3, was it? (I remember a battle with a certain mini-boss... ugh) I have a feeling they nerfed it to make the game easier overall. Personally, I think its too easy, so I would be fine with having to guard or grind a little bit for certain fights.

Just for game balance's sake, they should cost half the SP they do now or deal 1.5x the damage - I'd go for the second option considering they're called "Almighty" skills.

And speaking of impressive-sounding weak things... Izanagi-no-Okami. I mean his stats are pretty good, but other than victory cry, his skillset is useless. Maybe if they were the tier 4 elemental attacks or the tier 3 Ma- skills he could be useful. Plus if I remember correctly, he can't inherit anything, right?

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@MikeGosot: Perhaps I should have said "It made Naoto practically useless against bosses." Almighty doesn't do crap against any significant enemy.
#37 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@Starclopsofish: I never fused Izanagi-no-Okami, because my Beelzebub was "invincible" and i didn't needed him. But, looking at his skills... Yeah, he could be stronger.

#38 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Oh. Yeah, i got my ass kicked when i tried to use her in a boss battle.

#39 Edited by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

Maybe another solution would be to make them a bit cheaper and introduce Almighty Boost/Amp. (Those aren't present in P4 to my knowledge.)

#40 Edited by gakon (1952 posts) -

@MikeGosot: You know, given the way Persona 4's weapon types are sort of... unorthodox, allowing the MC to use any weapon type would be pretty funny. Like, in Persona 3 your character can use any weapon type (except guns), but they're all standard RPG fare like swords, bows, fist weapons, spears, etc. But if the MC from Persona 4 could use any weapon, he could not only slash, but also kick, fan, shoot, and folding chair his way to victory. And that would be pretty awesome.

[edit] I didn't realize this thread was like a month old, but whatever. There are only eight topics on this board anyway, so it's not that bad a necro.

#41 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@gakon said:

@MikeGosot: You know, given the way Persona 4's weapon types are sort of... unorthodox, allowing the MC to use any weapon type would be pretty funny. Like, in Persona 3 your character can use any weapon type (except guns), but they're all standard RPG fare like swords, bows, fist weapons, spears, etc. But if the MC from Persona 4 could use any weapon, he could not only slash, but also kick, fan, shoot, and folding chair his way to victory. And that would be pretty awesome.

[edit] I didn't realize this thread was like a month old, but whatever. There are only eight topics on this board anyway, so it's not that bad a necro.

Fun Fact: I took 10/20 hours to stop using Kanji's Folding Chair. It was weak, but awesome. 
But, yeah, it would be awesome. The only reason to not do this, is because, like i said, there's only one type of physical damage. But even if it is just an aesthetic change, I WANT TO FOLDING CHAIR MY WAY TO THE TOP! 
God, this will be my new motto.
#42 Posted by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

reroll button

#43 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

@msavo said:

#44 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Luckily there will be 1.5 times more lines of dialogue than the original. A new character, and definitely new items since "Croco Fur" will be a shop.

#45 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

nthing a reroll button.

#46 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

@Beforet said:

nthing a reroll button.

@SlickWillyJJ said:

reroll button

Even better-- it seems like you can just select what skills you want to carry over manually.

#47 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Devil Survivors fusion system. That is all.

This should be in all SMT/Persona games -.-

#48 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Canteu: I played Devil Survivor, but what was special about its fusion system?

#49 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@Beforet said:

nthing a reroll button.

@SlickWillyJJ said:

reroll button

Even better-- it seems like you can just select what skills you want to carry over manually.

wat

If you are bullshitting me, I will hunt you down. This shit might just be a day one purchase if that's true.

@FluxWaveZ: You could choose which skills were carried over with no real restrictions. It was balanced out by making the game intensely difficult, at least from what I remember. Didn't play it all the way so I don't know.

#50 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

@Beforet said:

@mutha3 said:

@Beforet said:

nthing a reroll button.

@SlickWillyJJ said:

reroll button

wat

If you are bullshitting me, I will hunt you down. This shit might just be a day one purchase if that's true.

If you've played Devil Survivor, I imagine this screen will seem pretty familiar.

@Beforet said:

@FluxWaveZ: You could choose which skills were carried over with no real restrictions.

Actually, there were a couple. You lacked a compendium and you could only pick 2 passive skills and 3 active(one skill was tied to the "race" of your demon, giving you a total of 6 skills). You couldn't have something crazy, like, a person with 4 elemental Dyne spell with amps to go with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.