What arcana would you be?

• 75 results
#1 Edited by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

Hypothetically if you guys were in this game,what arcana would you be,and what will be your back story?

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Cirrus/which-major-arcana-tarot-card-are-you/

The quiz above is kind of unaccurate,so if anyone can find a new one I appreciate it!

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

We had a thread with a quiz on this a while back.

I had gotten the Hermit:

Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.
The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration,hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.
The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.
The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing.

The Hermit is what defines me the most.

I don't feel like writing fan fiction about myself, though.

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

The quiz link no longer works, although I feel like I'd be the Hermit.

#4 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I think I would be temperance, I am usually a well balanced dude. Also I like the designs of alot of the temperance Personas.

Like this guy.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

Probably the Tower

#6 Posted by Bocam (3752 posts) -

Lust or (how Atlus USA "translates" it) Hunger

#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I'm the Wheel of Fortune, or I guess just Fortune, from that linked thread, apparently. I'm sure I'd answer things differently now even though I don't remember what kind of questions were in that quiz.

#8 Posted by mpgeist (608 posts) -

I took a different quiz and it gave me The Fool. I am zero!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

Oh man I wish that quiz would work cause I have no idea what I would be, I'm lost and confused.

#10 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Everytime i answer a quiz for this, i get Emperor. And when i played Persona 4, i was going through some sexuality problems, so Kanji was a really interesting character. So yeah, Emperor.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Bocam said:

I don't remember that Arcana anywhere in Persona...anything, really.

#12 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: Play Golden and you'll find it.

#13 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

You are The Star

Hope, expectation, Bright promises.

The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised

The Star is a card that looks to the future. It does not predict any immediate or powerful change, but it does predict hope and healing. This card suggests clarity of vision, spiritual insight. And, most importantly, that unexpected help will be coming, with water to quench your thirst, with a guiding light to the future. They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.

#14 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@TohruAdachi:

Is it a new Persona under an Arcana or a brand new Arcana? I thought Aeon and Pierrot were the only new ones.

OK, it is a new Arcana...sort of.

#15 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

Sadly America changed it to Jester -> Hunger

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@buft:

How did you get that? You didn't post in the original thread, and the quiz link is broken.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13198 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Is it used in the Japanese version in a sexual nature? Because other than sex, lust and hunger are pretty much synonyms. As in, you can lust for power, or be power hungry, and they both mean pretty much the same thing, so I understand the choice to go with hunger... I suppose Adachi was after Saki and Yamano in a sexual nature at first, so maybe lust would have been more appropriate, but dealing with Kubo and allowing Namatame's spree to continue isn't sexual at all... I think either way's fine, though you're the guy who's bilingual, so I'll defer to your judgement.

#18 Posted by IAmADwagon (49 posts) -

As the original quiz doesn't exist anymore, I found this one, and it was alright.

You Scored as I - Magician

The Magician, represents those aspects of the personality traditionally considered "masculine". He is in control. He knows how things work. He takes action and makes things happen. One that operates through the power of Will rather than brute force. The Magician represents the application of knowledge. The Magician creates his desired reality. When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates the attainment of goals through the application of knowledge and Will. If badly aspected in a spread, this card can represent abuse of power. It can indicate manipulation of others, trickery and deception.

#19 Posted by Slay3r1583 (612 posts) -

XV: The Devil

Despite its fearsome appearance, The Devil is a card of weakness. It is one of the few cards in the Tarot deck that almost always has negative connotations when it occurs in a reading. When the Devil appears in a Tarot spread it can represent lack of achievement through negative thoughts. It suggests character flaws such as greed, bitterness and authoritarianism. All these things can ultimately destroy a person. The rest of the Tarot spread will determine whether or not the querent will overcome their problems or continue blindly on.

#20 Posted by envane (1163 posts) -

hermit / fool / hangedman / death / devil

im not sure , but my actual tarot card is the knight of rods .

#21 Posted by Bocam (3752 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Bocam said:

Is it used in the Japanese version in a sexual nature? Because other than sex, lust and hunger are pretty much synonyms. As in, you can lust for power, or be power hungry, and they both mean pretty much the same thing, so I understand the choice to go with hunger... I suppose Adachi was after Saki and Yamano in a sexual nature at first, so maybe lust would have been more appropriate, but dealing with Kubo and allowing Namatame's spree to continue isn't sexual at all... I think either way's fine, though you're the guy who's bilingual, so I'll defer to your judgement.

It used the Kanji for Desire/Passion (欲望) but even in the Japanese version they list out the arcana in English. That's what Atlus USA changed. Lust to Hunger and Pierrot to Jester

#22 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: I think mines is false...

You Scored as XIII: DeathDeath is probably the most well known Tarot card - and also the most misunderstood. Most Tarot novices would consider Death to be a bad card, especially given its connection with the number thirteen. In fact this card rarely indicates literal death.Without "death" there can be no change, only eventual stagnation. The "death" of the child allows for the "birth" of the adult. This change is not always easy. The appearance of Death in a Tarot reading can indicate pain and short term loss, however it also represents hope for a new future.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@IAmADwagon: @Slay3r1583: A lot of that Quizfarm quiz's questions are terrible and it doesn't even have all of the arcana as potential results.

Unfortunate that what seemed to be the most popular internet quiz on the subject was removed.

#24 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@IAmADwagon: I'm either Death or Lovers, both which I find really strange but oddly fitting.

#25 Edited by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: At first I thought that was Chie than I was like... oh... Haha,I love Death Note if you're a fan of that anime,nice to meet you.My main character name is Light Yasogami. Thought of it at the spot.

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13198 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Indeed, I have absolutely no interest in the occult, but I do love Persona, so I'd be interested to know what Arcana actually identifies me in their silly belief system. I'm still going to school, so I'd love to have one of these little metal charms dangling from my bag (just the little card & chain, not the cell phone strap- why cell phone straps are so popular in Japan I'll never understand, I like to wear my phone naked, it doesn't need to last forever... that was pretty off-topic).

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@TohruAdachi:

I got Death, too, and something's up when 63% of people get it. Again, I'm more a Hermit or a Hanged Man or something like that.

#28 Edited by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: Yeah the questions were kind of... pointless? I was hoping it asked for more serious questions.

: Agreed,I'd rather go to the megamitensei wiki and just read each arcana definition and just decide which one is me,I think I'm more of a Chariot than Death,but that would be interesting...

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Oh wow, those cards look neat. Wish there was a Hermit one I could get just for the heck of it.

#30 Posted by IAmADwagon (49 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Even though it's not that good, my excitement at the idea of a "What Persona Arcana are You" quiz needed to be sated somehow. Also, I thought "you are female" was a pretty good question.

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13198 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Ha, yeah, unfortunately Fox and Maya aren't main-enough characters to warrant their own card. Missed opportunity. I have a feeling I'd end up as the Hermit Arcana too at this point... and I'm shockingly OK with that.

#32 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: I would die if there was a Fox/Maya chain. Maya was one of my favorite social links in Persona 3FES,especially because of the ending where she tries to ask you out and she's like,"You know what? SCREW THIS!"

#33 Posted by TooWalrus (13198 posts) -
#34 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

I'm The Fool apparently. I thought as much.

#35 Posted by TheFakePsychic (194 posts) -

Wheel of Fortune.

I'll take it.

#36 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

XIX: The Sun

This is the happiest card in the deck. It is full of joy and optimism, everything is right with the world. We are as innocent children playing in the fields without care. The Sun brings success, well-being and happiness in all spheres - material, emotional, spiritual -wherever our desires lay.When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates success, joy and happiness. Obstacles will be overcome, goals achieved.When badly aspected, it can indicate a stagnation through over-indulgence, too much of a good thing.

Sounds about right. But if anyone has a better quiz to tarot cards mind posting a link to it.

#37 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

I got the Sun on a few of those online quiz thing...and when I went to medieval times the wizard dude said my aspect leaned towards the Sun....

So The Sun.

#38 Edited by Jeust (10648 posts) -

Magician 

Funny enough I took a quiz shown here, in a early post, a few moments ago and I did get the Magician. ahah 

You Scored as I - Magician

The Magician, represents those aspects of the personality traditionally considered "masculine". He is in control. He knows how things work. He takes action and makes things happen. One that operates through the power of Will rather than brute force. The Magician represents the application of knowledge. The Magician creates his desired reality. When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates the attainment of goals through the application of knowledge and Will. If badly aspected in a spread, this card can represent abuse of power. It can indicate manipulation of others, trickery and deception. 

#39 Posted by Bones8677 (3241 posts) -

I've taken two quizes (might have been the same one) both times I was Lovers.

#40 Posted by Hunter5024 (5683 posts) -

In the quizzes I took I got justice in both. I don't really know what that means though, my parents were all "Tarot is Evil!" when I was a kid, so I don't know anything about it. I should buy a deck out of spite, I wonder if they make the Persona version for sale.

#41 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: Well yeah,like about the student (Kenji) proposing to a coworker or something like that,haven't played in a while so I bought P3P and playing a female at the moment.

#42 Posted by Getz (3012 posts) -

The Devil:

Chained to material desires and incapable of ending cycles of self-destruction. Yeah, that sounds a lot like me.

#43 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

According to the quiz I am the Sun.

This is the happiest card in the deck. It is full of joy and optimism, everything is right with the world. We are as innocent children playing in the fields without care. The Sun brings success, well-being and happiness in all spheres - material, emotional, spiritual -wherever our desires lay.When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates success, joy and happiness. Obstacles will be overcome, goals achieved.When badly aspected, it can indicate a stagnation through over-indulgence, too much of a good thing.

I don't know. I mean I'm optimistic, but not that optimistic.

#44 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1072 posts) -

You Scored as XIII: Death

Death is probably the most well known Tarot card - and also the most misunderstood. Most Tarot novices would consider Death to be a bad card, especially given its connection with the number thirteen. In fact this card rarely indicates literal death.Without "death" there can be no change, only eventual stagnation. The "death" of the child allows for the "birth" of the adult. This change is not always easy. The appearance of Death in a Tarot reading can indicate pain and short term loss, however it also represents hope for a new future.

#45 Edited by TobbRobb (4649 posts) -

I did like 3 different ones, and got Fool, Death/Devil and Justice. The one who just gives everyone death is broken, but I think either Justice or Fool are pretty accurate. Not sure if it counts to be a fool by choice though.

EDIT: I just looked up birth Arcanas, and in a family of 4, we are ALL Moon/Hermit. That was a bit creepy, worst of all it kind of makes sense from the personality perspective.

#46 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

: I got the same exact thing as you.

#47 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

I AM DEATH.

You Scored as XIII: Death

Death is probably the most well known Tarot card - and also the most misunderstood. Most Tarot novices would consider Death to be a bad card, especially given its connection with the number thirteen. In fact this card rarely indicates literal death.Without "death" there can be no change, only eventual stagnation. The "death" of the child allows for the "birth" of the adult. This change is not always easy. The appearance of Death in a Tarot reading can indicate pain and short term loss, however it also represents hope for a new future.

#48 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@IAmADwagon said:

As the original quiz doesn't exist anymore, I found this one, and it was alright.

Well I took the test. And while I disagree that I'm female, I don't strongly disagree...

I apparently tied because it's come down to a 3 way tie breaker between:

• You are misunderstood
  • You enjoy your freedom
  • You are a happy person

Hmmm... Freedom, I guess?

The fool... of course. I was 81% in Fool, Sun, and Death.

#49 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@TohruAdachi: Ha, yeah, I like Deathnote, Light Yasogami seems like a fitting name for the Persona protagonist.

#50 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

I've taken Tarot quizzes before and got The Hermit, which always seemed accurate. So that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.