Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

What difficulty should I play this game on?

echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By echo13791

So, I've played a fair amount of RPGs in the past, but I've found that JRPGs can be annoying in terms of difficulty. I've only played western RPGs the past few years, so I'm definitely a bit rusty on the turn based combat. I started P4:G earlier this morning and have put 3 hours into it, but I'm questioning my decision to play on easy. I don't mind a bit of grinding, and I'm starting to feel like I should start over on Normal before I get too far in. Is this a good idea? I can probably catch up to where I was pretty fast, especially if I skip most of the cut scenes / talking.

I initially chose easy because I'm not looking for a frustrating experience...I don't really have the time for that nowadays. That also doesn't mean that I want to be able to steam roll through the entire game without any grinding / making good choices.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By casper_

i hear its a bit easier than the ps2 version but im sure normal is fine anyways. i think the easier option just gives you some extra chances if you get killed in battle. same ai etc.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Flappy

Just roll with Normal. As long as you pay attention to what the game teaches you, you'll be more than prepared for whatever heads your way. Most problems seem to stem from people that need assistance with social links and such.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

When I play it I'll play it on easy. I've gone through P3P twice, P4 twice, P2:IS once and the endurance run once. I've seen enough of the combat that I don't care to do it again. I just want the character development.

echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By echo13791

What if I restarted on normal and died on the first boss (shadow yu)?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Flappy said:

Just roll with Normal. As long as you pay attention to what the game teaches you, you'll be more than prepared for whatever heads your way. Most problems seem to stem from people that need assistance with social links and such.

Normal was pretty easy to begin with, so if it is easier than the PS2 version, there is not reason not to play on normal.

FunkyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunkyFox

I can't comment that much except to say that Very Hard is legitimately very hard, at least compared to the Expert mode in the PS2 version.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SmasheControllers

I played it on Safely my first run through and I'm on Risky for my current playthrough. This game is a lot easier than the other Personas due to all the new improvements and additions. I say normal is fine.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By jebara

Hard, and even on hard this game is piss easy and the only reason I'm not saying very hard is the MP bar in that is annoying.

They toned down the difficulty waaay to much from the PS2, enemies have been given new weaknesses,lost strengths, and at a lot of times avoid making any lethal blows, and that's on hard.

The difficulty is one of the reasons I prefer the PS2 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.