Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Why play Persona4Golden ???

goldenphallus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hey duders

first post. i just bought a vita and have been playing Spelunky and Zero Escape VLR and i keep getting all this pressure to play Persona4Golden. I've never played any of the persona games and i know it's a long one. Why immerse myself into this universe ???

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Because it's fucking great, that's why. Great characters, great gameplay, gre... Ok, the plot isn't great, but the characters involved and music and everything about it deserves your attention. Buying a Vita pretty much means owning Persona 4 Golden, so get to it.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ITs pretty much the perfect JRPG. It doesn't get any better than forming social links and fusing a monster that looks like a penis with with an awesome chariot. Everything is indeed well done.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why wouldn't you play it? The only problem you'll have is losing your real social life, but it's totally fucking worth it.

Gameplay is satisfying and fun. The characters have these disgustingly charming personalities that keep you smiling like a dummy the whole way through. Music is catchy as hell! (New Days is my alarm for the morning)

The plot isn't amazing. Persona 3 had a better story, but P4G's story is good enough to keep you going. Even then, all the great character interactions make up for the formulaic story.

You would be fucking NUTS to own a Vita and NOT play this!!!!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Moved to the P4G forum. Also disappointed, first posts usually have far more question marks.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'd say watch a few episodes of the Persona 4 endurance run Jeff and Vinny did several years ago, and you'll see why it's so beloved. Here's the first installment.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great game, but if you have to ask this then it might not be for you. No reason to feel obligated just because other people praise it.

I mean, it's probably in my top 5 RPGs ever, but it's not a game for everyone.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about as close to flawless as JRPGs have ever gotten, in my opinion.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

@mariachimacabre said:

I think that's a bit overselling it. I love the game to death, but I could make a list of flaws a mile long for that game. (Some more notable than others.) It's a great game, but far from flawless.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@zeik said:

@mariachimacabre said:

I think that's a bit overselling it. I love the game to death, but I could make a list of flaws a mile long for that game. (Some more notable than others.) It's a great game, but far from flawless.

Fine. Whatever. Let me edit my statement.

It's one of the only JRPGs that was fun enough, charming enough, and interesting enough that I was able to very easily look past it's flaws for the ~100 hours I played of it.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zeik said:

@mariachimacabre said:

It's one of the only JRPGs that was fun enough, charming enough, and interesting enough that I was able to very easily look past it's flaws for the ~100 hours I played of it.

The original game had a lot of flaws that were fixed in P4G, I would actually say it's pretty close to a flawless jrpg.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By kraznor

Oh, I thought this was "Why would I play Persona 4 Golden when they went and messed up Chie's voice?"

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraznor said:

Oh, I thought this was "Why would I play Persona 4 Golden when they went and messed up Chie's voice?"

It wasn't really up to them. The original voice actress retired.

And, personally, I thought the new voice actress did a great job, given the circumstances.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraznor said:

She was bad in the Animation, she was pretty okay in Golden, and her voice was perfectly replaced in Arena.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Because the Valentines day event is fantastic.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

@zeik said:

@mariachimacabre said:

The original game had a lot of flaws that were fixed in P4G, I would actually say it's pretty close to a flawless jrpg.

I can't really agree with that. Golden fixed very few of flaws that I saw with the game, and even introduced some new ones. (Namely in how totally unbalanced some of the gameplay additions were.) The other poster was right about the game being good enough that it's easy to overlook the flaws, but a flawless game would imply there's no room for improvement, and I'd argue there is plenty.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@berserker976 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@zeik said:

@mariachimacabre said:

I can't really agree with that. Golden fixed very few of flaws that I saw with the game, and even introduced some new ones. (Namely in how totally unbalanced some of the gameplay additions were.) The other poster was right about the game being good enough that it's easy to overlook the flaws, but a flawless game would imply there's no room for improvement, and I'd argue there is plenty.

But that's the thing, I never actually implied that it was flawless. My first post never said it was flawless. So...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: I know, but I think even implying it is close to flawless is rather misleading. That kind of hype is what leads to false expectations and disappointment.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@mariachimacabre: I know, but I think even implying it is close to flawless is rather misleading. That kind of hype is what leads to false expectations and disappointment.

*sigh* I give up.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: I don't know why you're acting frustrated. I know what meant, I just don't want the TC to get the wrong impression. I've seen more than a few people come away from the game disappointed because they let people hype them into it to unrealistic degrees, and that's a shame. The main reason P4 has become what it has is because it was a pleasant surprise for so many people.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just overall a fantastic game in my opinion. I don't want to overhype you, but it's like my second favorite game of all time so it's hard to stay neutral. Like the others say, it's not perfect, but if you have even the smallest interest in the jrpg-genre, I'd say it's worth checking out.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy it like right now

No Caption Provided

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Posts like this are so stupid. I'm sorry, but there's a thousand reviews out there, literally over a hundred hours of footage of this very game on this very site, tons of forum threads praising the game...

Yeah, I think it's worth checking out.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Akyho

Have you just progressed to showing off your Pokemon bed sheets to answer everything Fattony? I expect the reply to be in the form of pokemon bedsheet pictures.

Also P4 is really a great game. The character and the weird events pulls you along with a good JRPG/Pokemon battle system.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha I just bought a vita to play it if that tells you anything...

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know man, just because people like it doesn't mean you need to play it. I bought it and.... Game is looong way too long, im like 20+ hours in and not even close to the ending.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quemador: 20+ hours? You're right about not being close to the end. Considering the average completion time, you've just gotten out of the beginning of the game I would guess.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Why do you think?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Give the Persona 4 Endurance run a quick watch. Like... 20 episodes?

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey duders

first post. i just bought a vita and have been playing Spelunky and Zero Escape VLR and i keep getting all this pressure to play Persona4Golden. I've never played any of the persona games and i know it's a long one. Why immerse myself into this universe ???

You need other people to tell you what to play?

goldenphallus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the feedback. I picked up a physical copy of the game from Amazon for $20 this week. It's the only physical vita game i own. I will probably play it for 20 - 40 minutes a day during my morning shit, hopefully I will be done by Persona5 release.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

You will start playing a little at a time but you will eventually get hooked and play for hours at a time. Don't worry it happens to all of us.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By GaspoweR

@mb said:

Moved to the P4G forum. Also disappointed, first posts usually have far more question marks.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THERE YOU GO, SIR!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.