Will I make it to max S.Link at this rate?

#1 Edited by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

It's November 1st and here is my status:

• Fool: 8
  • Magician: MAX
  • Priestess: 8
  • Empress: 3
  • Emperor: 4
  • Hierophant: MAX
  • Lovers: 6
  • Chariot: MAX
  • Justice: MAX
  • Hermit: 7
  • Strength: MAX
  • Hanged Man: 1
  • Death: MAX
  • Temperance: 5
  • Devil: MAX
  • Star: 8
  • Moon: 1
  • Sun: MAX
  • Jester: 6
  • Aeon: 5
  • Tower: 1
  • Fortune: Naoto is in my party and has been for a month or two. But for some reason I haven't been able to get his S.Link.
  • Is there a Judgment S.Link?

I'm wondering if it's possible to get to max rank with these numbers. Empress, Hermit, Jester, Star and Fool are all S.Links that are a little different. It's November 1st, so I have a little more than 3 months left of S.Link possibilities, yeah?

#3 Edited by Jay_Ray (1118 posts) -

I don't think so, maxing the Social Links is really only doable on a second playtrhough

#4 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

@jay_ray: Oh shit, I had no idea. Do they carry over? Also, is it possible to read all the books AND get max social links in one playthrough?

#5 Edited by mosespippy (4378 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@jay_ray: Oh shit, I had no idea. Do they carry over? Also, is it possible to read all the books AND get max social links in one playthrough?

It's possible to get all S-Links maxed and read all books in one playthrough/on the first playthrough. Also, there are a handful of missable books that are S-Link related, so join the soccer team to be less likely to miss them. Based on your current progress I'd say you won't make it. S-link progress doesn't carry over, but your personas will, so Margaret's will be able to be maxed right away assuming you don't overwrite the personas.

#6 Edited by Random45 (1265 posts) -

@jay_ray said:

I don't think so, maxing the Social Links is really only doable on a second playtrhough

Not true at all.

It's possible to do in one playthrough - I've done it before.

To the OP, to start Naoto's S. Link, you need to have your knowledge at 5, and then you go talk to a guy in the northern shopping district if I recall.

Make sure you do the Aeon S. Link! That gives you an extra month to do the character's social links, and it's incredibly helpful.

There IS a Judgement S. Link, but it's story-based, don't worry about it.

Empress can be done in one go, just have a guide handy, because it's a pain in the ass otherwise.

I think it's still possible for you to max them all out, but you're REALLY going to have to use your time well. Always make sure you have a persona associated with a social link you intend to level up for that day, and make use of the shrine at night to draw fortunes for links you want to level the next day. You'll have roughly 60~ more free days, and Tower can fortunately be done at night, so if we add up all the day time ones, we come out to roughly 40~ more days you have to spend on social links. If you don't have knowledge up right now, make that a priority as well.

Also, LEVEL THE AEON LINK!!!! I know I've said it before, but it's probably the single most important one on your agenda right now.

#7 Edited by Jay_Ray (1118 posts) -

@xyzygy: Social links do not carry over but your social stats do. I haven't tried to do either read all books and max social links in one go but you'd be very hard pressed on time. You may want to look up a FAQ to see if it is possible and if it is I am sure that you'll need to follow a FAQ to so you hang out with the right people at the right times.

Edit: Money, weapons, and persona carry over so you don't have to do anything else besides social link and that's why it's only possible on a second play through. If that's your goal I'd suggest waiting a few months and play on casual

Edit 2: Apparently I was wrong. But I stand by it being very hard to max social link everyone on your first play through.

#8 Edited by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

@random45: So wait, leveling up Aeon gives me one more month to do ALL S.Links? I thought it only gave me a new dungeon...

Also, I missed that super missable book in the summer. Poly talk or something it's called. I was on the soccer team but didn't really think about trying to read all the books and as a result missed it.

#9 Posted by Random45 (1265 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@random45: So wait, leveling up Aeon gives me one more month to do ALL S.Links? I thought it only gave me a new dungeon...

Also, I missed that super missable book in the summer. Poly talk or something it's called. I was on the soccer team but didn't really think about trying to read all the books and as a result missed it.

Yep, Aeon gives you an extra month for all the S.Links, it's pretty rad.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

Also WHY does "Check SL Completion" always result in Margaret saying "You're going at quite a clip."?! It's said that ever since April. And I don't even know what it means or how that is supposed to be a status of completion.

#11 Posted by mosespippy (4378 posts) -

@xyzygy: With the old non aeon endings the game ends Dec 23rd. With the new dungeon the game ends Feb 13th, but a lot of those extra days are taken up with story stuff. You basically get a bonus month of free time.

#12 Edited by TheBlue (426 posts) -

@xyzygy: It's certainly possible, but it's gonna be really tight. Definitely prioritize Aeon, Lovers, and whoever you're using in your party in that order. I would also keep multiple saves in case you mess up and accidentally waste a day when you could've used a fortune instead. Having a couple saves let me get all maxed back when I played vanilla P4 when I went back and planned it out better. Also, you need max knowledge to start Naoto's link so if your attributes aren't maxed, definitely get that going asap.

Honestly though, don't worry if you don't max them all out. You can't platinum the game on a single playthrough anyway, so if you're concerned about the trophy, maxing S. links is much more relaxed and fun on NG+ when your stats are already decked out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.