Atlus team to focus on persona 5

• 141 results
#101 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Persona 2 didn't have it and it had the best story in the series. I like em too but it's not necessarily the best part about it.

I'm not saying it's the best part, but it's a structure that works beautifully, and I'd like it very much if they decided to exlpore it even more.

#102 Posted by Animasta (14649 posts) -

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

Persona 2 didn't have it and it had the best story in the series. I like em too but it's not necessarily the best part about it.

I'm not saying it's the best part, but it's a structure that works beautifully, and I'd like it very much if they decided to exlpore it even more.

even more? I don't know what that means exactly, I don't know how they could do more than what they've already done with that concept.

#103 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

even more? I don't know what that means exactly, I don't know how they could do more than what they've already done with that concept.

They could have the social links factor into the actual story rather than being completely separate.

#104 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

What will come out first? The Last Guardian, FF Versus XIII, or Persona 5?

#105 Edited by Zripwud (246 posts) -

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

They could have the social links factor into the actual story rather than being completely separate.

This. This is something i'd really like. Also, they could make that other characters respond to you being in a relationship with a character. And maybe develop even further on you having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

#106 Posted by Kowalo (90 posts) -

Damn, doesn't sound like they'll be ready to show anything at TGS.

#107 Posted by Animasta (14649 posts) -

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

That's probably too complicated to do properly, or they'll just half ass it.

#108 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I'm not as keen on this using P3 and P4 characters again for P5 idea that y'all seem to be. I'd much rather a new location with a new set of characters. I've already spent about two hundred plus hours with the likes of Chie and Mitsuru. Bring on an entire new cast. I haven't played P4A yet though, maybe that'll change my opinion.

Thank god for some Persona 5 news, though. Still can't see us getting it until 2014, but it's nice to hear something.

#109 Posted by Mcfart (1555 posts) -

@Zripwud said:

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

This. This is something i'd really like. Also, they could make that other characters respond to you being in a relationship with a character. And maybe develop even further on you having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

In P3 and P4, you could get all the S-links maxed in 1 playthough, so you kinda had to hang out with everyone. Plus, they removed the "can't have multiple girlfriends" in p3p, cause it wasen't a good mechanic.

What I suggest with S-Links is perhaps having them lead to different endings, maybe kinda like Devil Survivor 2 did. Depending on what you max, different endings are available...? Though, unlike DS2, don't make it possible to have all endings accessible. Choices between characters must be made.

But really, I woulden't complain if they kept the same system and just made a bunch of interesting storylines. S-Links are like Visual Novel routes, so as long as those "routes" are good, I have no prob with them.

#110 Posted by golguin (3849 posts) -

@samcotts said:

I'm not as keen on this using P3 and P4 characters again for P5 idea that y'all seem to be. I'd much rather a new location with a new set of characters. I've already spent about two hundred plus hours with the likes of Chie and Mitsuru. Bring on an entire new cast. I haven't played P4A yet though, maybe that'll change my opinion.

Thank god for some Persona 5 news, though. Still can't see us getting it until 2014, but it's nice to hear something.

Playing through the P4A story mode made me realize how much I missed the P4 characters and the P3 characters to a lesser extent (Aigis is still cool). The story shows that some new game, maybe not Persona 5, but something will continue what happened at the end.

#111 Posted by Skatoz (5 posts) -
#112 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
#113 Posted by Skatoz (5 posts) -
#114 Edited by betterboulder (190 posts) -

@Skatoz: There was a topic on hear about this very channel nearly a year ago that did some digging to find they were just fan made. Of course it may all just be an elaborate ruse by Atlus to make us think that very thing.

#115 Posted by Skatoz (5 posts) -

@betterboulder: Oh I see... Thanks for info. Well lets hope 2012-2013 atlus announce something about persona 5 trailer would be fine.

#116 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@Skatoz: Here's hoping they'll show something (ANYTHING!) at this year's TGS - Tokyo Game Show. Though I'm not really holding my breath for that...

#117 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@betterboulder: I was there when that happened, I was pretty excited because the music was pretty good. Also i liked the artwork.

#118 Posted by Skatoz (5 posts) -

http://i.imgur.com/RHXXr.png great picture to show some ideas what can be used in persona 5. Also I'm looking forward to shoji meguros music.

#119 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Skatoz said:

@Cincaid said:

@Skatoz said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncj4MhqDgHI&feature=plcp Look at this pic! :o

Quite sure that's just fan-made stuff.

Yeah i think so too, but why make so many songs? Look at that channel and in one video there are date 2013.

@betterboulder said:

@Skatoz: There was a topic on hear about this very channel nearly a year ago that did some digging to find they were just fan made. Of course it may all just be an elaborate ruse by Atlus to make us think that very thing.

-look at the mish-mash of art styles, that mostly consists of edited versions of various pixiv artists. I dunno if he even asked permission to photoshop their artwork, lol -- more importantly the fact that it doesn't look like Shigenori Soejima art one bit.
-Google translate the video description to find out that pretty much all of these songs are selected from various popular Japanese musicians, the guy didn't make any of it himself.

Its just one(or maybe multiple?) insanely dedicated fan.
#120 Posted by Skatoz (5 posts) -

@mutha3: Yeah I noticed that the art style it's a lot different than in other persona games(persona 3/4 to be more precisely). Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

#121 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Skatoz said:

Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

Nope.

#122 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Skatoz said:

Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

Nope.

Yep

#123 Posted by ProfessorK (819 posts) -

I honestly want another game in the Nocturne and the Digital Devil universes.

#124 Posted by Hailinel (23943 posts) -
#125 Posted by Animasta (14649 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@ProfessorK: Atlus is working on Shin Megami Tensei IV as we speak (Nocturne is SMTIII in Japan).

we won't know if it has anything to do with 3 though. Probably won't in fact

Also @ProfessorK: digital devil saga is done after 2.

#126 Posted by Hailinel (23943 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@ProfessorK: Atlus is working on Shin Megami Tensei IV as we speak (Nocturne is SMTIII in Japan).

I didn't say it would. Only that the next proper game in the series Nocturne is from is coming.

#127 Posted by Animasta (14649 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

I didn't say it would. Only that the next proper game in the series Nocturne is from is coming.

yeah but wanting a sequel to nocturne and wanting another mainline SMT game is a different thing

#128 Posted by ProfessorK (819 posts) -

@Animasta: I know, but I really had grown attached to the characters and transformations ya know >.<

#129 Posted by pyrodactyl (1891 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK is all I have to say

Atlus and Valve focusing on pointless bullshit as always

If they're not working on P5 right now after the multiple cliffhangers from P4:A... argh, INTERNET RAGE

#130 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

SMT IV is probably closer to done than you think. Persona 5 is just getting started. Its OK.

#131 Posted by Hailinel (23943 posts) -
@pyrodactyl

@Hailinel said:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK is all I have to say

Atlus and Valve focusing on pointless bullshit as always

If they're not working on P5 right now after the multiple cliffhangers from P4:A... argh, INTERNET RAGE

I can't tell if you're seriously that angry or not.
#132 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

How dare Atlus use two disparate teams to work on multiple games at once!

#133 Posted by dogman795 (109 posts) -

And how dare they release a game from their main series that hasn't hard a proper installment in forever instead of there spinoff franchise that just had a new release this month!

#134 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2007 posts) -

Woah, the whole dichotomy of Persona / main Shin Megami Tensei has a much more belligerent divide than I thought existed! Full disclosure, I've never played any of the original Shin Megami Tensei games... I guess I should get to that?

#135 Posted by Hailinel (23943 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Woah, the whole dichotomy of Persona / main Shin Megami Tensei has a much more belligerent divide than I thought existed! Full disclosure, I've never played any of the original Shin Megami Tensei games... I guess I should get to that?

I'm not sure if it's that widespread, or just something that happens here. A lot of people around these parts only got their first exposure to anything MegaTen related through the P4 Endurance Run and have no concept of Shin Megami Tensei or its non-Persona spin-offs.

#136 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I'm not sure if it's that widespread, or just something that happens here. A lot of people around these parts only got their first exposure to anything MegaTen related through the P4 Endurance Run and have no concept of Shin Megami Tensei or its non-Persona spin-offs.

It's pretty strong on GB, but exactly because of the Endurance Run. Persona is just more popular and generally appealing, enough said. Though if I was bitter about it, I definitely wouldn't have stuck around to do all the wiki stuff I've done here. :D

#137 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#138 Posted by Zripwud (246 posts) -

¡Ngh!

#139 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

I can't wait until next year when we'll finally get a good look at the logo.

#140 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

Dude, just a logo would make me so excited.

#141 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@DonutFever said:

Dude, just a logo would make me so excited.

You're not alone. I honestly think I would end up spending hours analyzing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.