Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Atlus TGS stream to feature Persona 5 in some capacity

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chroipahtz

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=204

Bad Google translation:

Hello everyone, It is a public relations persona. Stage is carried out at Segabusu of Tokyo Game Show 2014, [Nico Nico live "SEGA studio"] at, "Atlas New information stage" decision was! ○ Atlas New information stage ■ date and time: 30 to 15: 30 (Sat) 14 September 20 ■ Location: Tokyo Game Show 2014 Segabusu (Hall 2) ■ MC: Tomomi Isomura (voice actor), Mafia Kajita (writer) to MC familiar in "Persona stalker Club" Mafia Kajita and Mr. Isomura Tomomi welcomed for two people, you will receive the latest information and talk of Atlas title. Of simultaneous release scheduled for PS3 & PS4 "Persona 5" is, Isotchi & Kajita is thorough verification without permission teaser video! Truth that has been hidden in the image on the (!?), I will focus sharply. Of the first series and will be released the latest video sound P action also "Persona 4 Dancing All Night" is.Pattern of this stage is viewable even smiling live is. Program viewing page here . Details of Nico Nico live "SEGA studio" hererefer to the! The TGS during the teaser video of "Persona 5", screened at three sides of the main screen SCE booth will be.■ "Tokyo Game Show 2014" PlayStation official websitehttp://tgs.playstation.jp/ by all means, please try to check those who come to the venue!

Here's a countdown. http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140920T1430&p0=248&msg=Atlus+Presentation+

Edit: The stream happened, and nothing related to Persona 5 really happened, although a new trailer for P4 Dancing All Night was shown, and the release of the Devil Survivor 2 remake was confirmed. You can find those here:

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Man, this translation hurts to read.

Then again, Persona Stalker Club sounds great, so does "Truth has been hidden in the image on the (!?)".

Anyways, I'd love to see some gameplay.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this translation hurts to read.

Then again, Persona Stalker Club sounds great, so does "Truth has been hidden in the image on the (!?)".

Anyways, I'd love to see some gameplay.

Persona Stalker Club is an actual thing you know.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_Stalker_Club

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sungahymn

Looking forward to it, but hopefully it won't be more than thirty minutes since I have leave for work soon after.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Doesn't seem worth staying up for. I'll check back in the morning.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so are there no free places to watch this? Anyone have a link?

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ttthrasher: Okay, cool. I'm in.

I'm one of the dirty English speakers in chat. :D

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, there has been an EO 2 gameplay demo.

Seems like they'll be mixing it up; though, I do have a feeling nothing new will be shown for P5.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like they'll be mixing it up; though, I do have a feeling nothing new will be shown for P5.

Keep in mind, when Persona 5 was actually announced last year, there was a long long stream of all the other Persona 4 spinoff stuff, then an "oh yeah by the way here's this trailer whatever" and it was the P5 teaser with the chairs. Atlus likes to tease us.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

Keep in mind, when Persona 5 was actually announced last year, there was a long long stream of all the other Persona 4 spinoff stuff, then an "oh yeah by the way here's this trailer whatever" and it was the P5 teaser with the chairs. Atlus likes to tease us.

They did their short analysis of the trailer and are now showing trailers. Maybe there will be a new P5 trailer.

Devil Survivor 2 remake for 3DS is pretty cool.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TruthTellah

A new Shining game.

New dragon game The World End Eclipse.

New "Sonic Toon" thing along with Sonic Boom game. Mecha Sonic.

Some anime character fighting game.

And.... that's it!

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a bummer. Oh well.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. Kind of a terrible showing for Atlus at TGS if that's all there is.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

I got to see Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji dancing. I'm good.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... I dont understand. Is this happening or not?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TruthTellah

@marokai: I did appreciate their little dancing video, and we got to present how Chie is the objectively best girl in P4. heh.

After this stream, I'm excited for the Devil Survivor 2 remake and may pick up EO2.

Though, I would have liked to see more P5.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By afabs515

Atlus is a part of SEGA, right? So theoretically couldn't they wait until the very end of the SEGA stream to announce something about P5 to keep people watching?

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still watching. Sort of. I'll post if there's anything, but I'm sure you'll hear about it anyway.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If that's all there is about Persona 5, I gotta say I was hoping for more out of them this TGS.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

Atlus is a part of SEGA, right? So theoretically couldn't the wait until the very end of the SEGA stream to announce something about P5 to keep people watching?

That is at least plausible. They had the Atlus section of the stream, but if they really wanted to mess with people, they could put it at the end of the SEGA segment. *shrug* I just wouldn't put my hopes on it.

Still, that does seem like a devious thing that they might do. I'd think they would tease it at least if that was the case.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

Atlus is a part of SEGA, right? So theoretically couldn't the wait until the very end of the SEGA stream to announce something about P5 to keep people watching?

That is at least plausible. They had the Atlus section of the stream, but if they really wanted to mess with people, they could put it at the end of the SEGA segment. *shrug* I just wouldn't put my hopes on it.

Still, that does seem like a devious thing that they might do. I'd think they would tease it at least if that was the case.

Persona is probably Sega's biggest franchise at this point, all things considered. If they really wanted to do that, though, it would make more sense to put the Sega panel before the Atlus panel instead of the other way around.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:
    @afabs515 said:

Persona is probably Sega's biggest franchise at this point, all things considered. If they really wanted to do that, though, it would make more sense to put the Sega panel before the Atlus panel instead of the other way around.

That's what I'd think, but eh, hard to tell with these people.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@afabs515 said:

Atlus is a subsidiary of Sega, yes, but as separate brands I imagine they'd want to keep their presentations clearly separate from each other.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what folks were expecting to see on the stream. We got a P5 trailer/teaser not too long ago, so it's probably gonna be a while before anything else pops up.

P4Dancing is next in line, so it'll be getting most of the marketing love from now until its release.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: There's a difference between expecting and hoping. :(

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By afabs515

@flappy said:

Not sure what folks were expecting to see on the stream. We got a P5 trailer/teaser not too long ago, so it's probably gonna be a while before anything else pops up.

P4Dancing is next in line, so it'll be getting most of the marketing love from now until its release.

I literally just want a release date. Nothing more.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Flappy

@ttthrasher: Fair enough.

@afabs515: If P5 comes out next Summer, then I'd feel pretty good about it hitting the West by the 2015 Holiday season. I'd be surprised if 2016 comes around and we're still waiting to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.