Concept art of Persona5?

• 57 results
#1 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3239 posts) -

Found at Soejima Design Works, which is home for the concept artist of Persona4. Could it be real? 

EDIT: Sorry about posting this twice. Giantbomb's posting system is very laggy.
#2 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Lady Sherlocke is super fucking corny. And for that reason, I think its the real deal.

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

I hope not...

#4 Posted by Willin (1284 posts) -

'Soejima Design Works' works with alot of people. This could be concept art for anything, what makes it's strictly Persona?

#5 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3239 posts) -
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:
"  'Soejima Design Works' works with alot of people. This could be concept art for anything, what makes it's strictly Persona? "
The mask. The abstract color design.

It's a possibility.

Another picture.
#6 Posted by Dtat (1627 posts) -

I wonder how much of the concept art makes it into the final design. Does anyone happen to have some concept art from P4 or P3? 

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4981 posts) -

Blue & orange color theme I KNEW IT!!!

#8 Posted by Willin (1284 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3:  Same artists could mean same influences. Show me concept art with Jack Frost or Nanako and l'll believe it.
#9 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

OHMYGOD
 OHMYGOD
OHMYGOD
OHMYGOD
OHMYGOD
OHMYGOD
OHMYGOD      

#10 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Dtat said:
" I wonder how much of the concept art makes it into the final design. Does anyone happen to have some concept art from P4 or P3?  "
Well, these are some of the original Rise designs: 

#11 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (264 posts) -
@Dtat:  The concept art can vary quite a bit actually. For instance, here is some early concept art for Chie from Persona 4. As you can see, she had many different styles in the early design of the game.

There are some elements of that picture that do look reminiscent of the Persona series, but it's definitely too early to really say whether it's truely that or not.
#12 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3239 posts) -

These pictures are actually from an art book by Soejima, contained with pictures he created between 2004-2010. So I could be wrong, and all this concept art could have been for a planned Persona game. Persona3's color scheme was, after all, blue. And the jacketed female character could have also been an early concept of Naoto.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -

Looks neat if it is concept art for P5.  If not, it still looks great.

#14 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (264 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3:  You are right. I went back and looked and it is part of that book, making it highly unlikely it has anything to do with P5, unfortuantly. You can see more of the art from the book here, if you're interested.
#15 Posted by Dtat (1627 posts) -
@Mechanical_Ape: @Underachiever007:  

Thanks very much! Interesting designs they had for those characters at the beginning. It's also interesting to note that the final design for Chie is almost exactly the same as one of their original concepts.
#16 Posted by Catarrhal (849 posts) -

I saw this yesterday on the Atlus forums, but… if this illustration were truly related to a sequel, would it have been published in the first place? I wouldn't think so. Still, it's quite intriguing, despite Lady Miss Sherlock.

#17 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Underachiever007:  The ones on the right actually kind of look like Ai.  I wonder if that's what ended up happening?

#18 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Isn't that girl a bit like Chie on the right? Short hair, stripes on her jacket?

#19 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Girl on the left looks pretty cool, main character seems decent as well but hard to say for sure given the colouring! 

If these are even related to P5 and if that is the main character in the middle then it looks like they are making the MC a bit more western looking.

#20 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Lady Sherlocke is super fucking corny. And for that reason, I think its the real deal. "
Yep
#21 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

I doubt that these are Persona 5 art designs.  I have the art book that these designs were taken from and I don't see why they'd publish them in such a book before anything on the game has been announced other than "we're working on it."

#22 Posted by eroticfishcake (7787 posts) -

The Soejima Artworks book contains a bunch of artwork for Persona 3/4, some other games and other random sketches (I've got a copy in case you were wondering). So if it comes from that it's very unlikely that it's P5 concept art. 

#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

I already like the look of the characters more than P3, though I'm a little bummed that we won't be revisiting P4. I mean, it's no big deal, I didn't play either of the games, but I'm interested to play the next one- maybe I can actually be part of the discussion this time.

#24 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

The main thing to take away from this if it's Persona is  that masks will be a thing in the next game. I can really see that workin out and being cool.

@Hailinel

said:

" I doubt that these are Persona 5 art designs.  I have the art book that these designs were taken from and I don't see why they'd publish them in such a book before anything on the game has been announced other than "we're working on it." "

What's the book about? Just like- a portfolio of the company?
#25 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -
@I_smell:  Yeah, it's just a portfolio of Soejima artwork.  There's Persona artwork, Stella Deus, and other random works with no real association.  It's this last category that the images the OP posted are collected under.
#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Yeah, for reasons that have already been stated I heavily doubt this has anything to do with a Persona 5.

#27 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

The mask stuff is pretty fishy I'd say.

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3561 posts) -

Certainly looks cool. Guy holding the mask reminds me of Mr. Tunoku.

#29 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

The masks are the only reason I think it COULD be a Persona thing.

I mean the last one represented everyone as tarot cards, so theatre masks seem like the next step up from that.

#30 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@I_smell said:
" The masks are the only reason I think it COULD be a Persona thing.  I mean the last one represented everyone as tarot cards, so theatre masks seem like the next step up from that. "
i like this already.
#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Doesn't exactly look Persona-y. Granted, I haven't played a lot of Persona, but this isn't exactly screaming Persona.

#32 Posted by RoboRobb (1053 posts) -

Hmmm I don't think this is Persona 5 for some reason, gut feeling. I don't mind it though.

#33 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

Nah look at him pulling off the mask, clearly this is a videogame sequel to Face/Off.

#34 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Nameless Protagonist looks like a queer in this, thus making it legit.

#35 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

Orange and BLUE!!!!

#36 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Nameless Protagonist looks like a queer in this, thus making it legit. "
Do you go out of your way to sound like a fool?
#37 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Sherlock hat!

#38 Posted by Tophat666 (235 posts) -

Wait, the MC has white hair,
Hmm… don't you think that's funny, ZACH?

#39 Posted by DonutFever (3561 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" Nameless Protagonist looks like a queer in this, thus making it legit. "
Do you go out of your way to sound like a fool? "
Don't you get it? Queer means gay, and gay is funny!
#40 Posted by freshakiff (82 posts) -

this has to be concept art for a game persona or not, you don't just draw up a batch of pictures of the same characters for no reason. The mask is very persona like, and p3 had a blue color scheme, and P4 had a warm yellow-orange scheme. Since those colors are complimentary on the color wheel maybe they would use a mix of blue and warm colors for P5?

also plop a big ol' stylized "P5" on the second piece of art and tell me that's not a ps3 game cover.

#41 Posted by AuthenticM (3790 posts) -

I doubt it. I don't think Atlus will talk about or release any info on Persona 5 until Catherine is released. But hey, anything's possible I guess. The Mask is what's alerting my curiosity.

#42 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" The Mask is what's alerting my curiosity. "
Wasn't the mask as a symbol of the persona used in Persona 1 or Persona 2? I know that it was used in the newest trailer for Innocent Sin.
#43 Posted by Juno500 (472 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @AuthenticM said:
" The Mask is what's alerting my curiosity. "
Wasn't the mask as a symbol of the persona used in Persona 1 or Persona 2? I know that it was used in the newest trailer for Innocent Sin. "
Masks have always been used for symbolism in the series. In fact, Persona is a latin word that translates to "mask".
#44 Posted by Korolev (1722 posts) -

Could be, could be. Wouldn't' put it past them. 

#45 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:

" @ryanwho said:

" Lady Sherlocke is super fucking corny. And for that reason, I think its the real deal. "
Yep "
Don't know what you bitches are babblin' about.

Lady sherlocke looks aight.
#46 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Doesn't exactly look Persona-y. Granted, I haven't played a lot of Persona, but this isn't exactly screaming Persona. "
Looks like Soejima art to me. 

This is completely unrelated to Persona 5, though.
#47 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

It could be but I'm not completely convinced.

#48 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2587 posts) -

It could be - that looks like a derivative of a police uniform, so here's hoping.

The main dude and the chick on the right look very persona-esque.

ED: How did I find this topic? I googled Persona 5 and this is what came up, okay? Considering when this topic was first made I now think that the conclusions drawn herein are unlikely or based upon a previous iteration of Persona 5.

#49 Posted by Goby (25 posts) -

I hope it's has a more serious storyline like all the other Persona besides 4 and most of the SMT's.

Persona 4 was fine once but that goofy wacky stuff wouldn't work as well again.

I hope that is real concept art because it seems more serious.

Also I think we will get real info on P5 at TGS since SMT 4 will be out in Japan and the U.S. by then; (Tokyo Game Show) is in August I think

Please no more highschoolers as well (pipe dream I know).

#50 Edited by Lykos (66 posts) -

Sorry to break it to you guys but the image belongs to a light novel that Soejima worked on. I can't remember the exact name of the book, but the English version of his art book mentioned that it belonged to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.