Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

game play changes that should be added to persona 5?

• 71 results
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Dagbiker

Beginner mode should just be infinite deaths as opposed to 20 deaths.

Also it should take place over the whole 4 years of high school and be 4x as long as persona 3.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Nottle

@zaldar: I kind of feel like the changes gameplay wise from Persona 3 to 4 is very minor. From what i can tell P2 to P3 was the huge leap.

There are a few things I would like to see changed. I kind of wish people recognized you are in relationships, you should be able to re-roll or pick what skills your fusion inherits, you should be able to split the part again. Also it would be nice if you had a chance to revive you main character if he went down. Maybe without him you won't be able to direct control the party. Side quests should also be a little more interesting than feed a cat, or give me sharp whiskers.

Also i hope they keep the silent protagonist. I kind of like being able to suss out the the personality on my own, and the choices in game give me feeling the main character isn't a complete blank slate but still lets me have a bit of role playing.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vect

@Zripwud said:

I'd like if not every character was a love interest. I was saddened that Naoto and Kanji didn't got together. I'd love to see other characters falling in love with each other and maybe that having an effect on combat.

B-but trying to play the protagonist as if he were a gigolo is a trademark of the series!

And I disagree on setting the game for the three years of Japanese High School. The games are plenty-long as is. No need to really stretch it out.

I do agree on being able to pick what you want to get out of fusion. Games like these were designed to be min-maxed the shit out of.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By samcotts

Nothing major, just improvements on the existing gameplay.

Make maxing out social links more meaningful. Like it's ironic how as soon as you're best buds with somebody, you never again actually hang out with them, nor is it mentioned ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Dagbiker said:

Also it should take place over the whole 4 years of high school and be 4x as long as persona 3.

That last suggestion scares the hell out of me. I think it would wreck my life.

That aside I would like some kind of calendar menu to use. Also give the sidequest good rewards like gear instead of Chewing Soul. Also bring back the tired mechanic, I liked it more than the running out of Sp then deciding if you wanted to pay Fox a fortune. (PS: Don't tell Fox I was dissin him, I don't want to wake up with a horse head in my bead.)

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Zripwud

@Dagbiker said:

Are you talking about a 400 hours Persona game? ... MY GOD.

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CottonWolf

My top 4 changes probably are:

• Make battles continue after the MC dies, if they only allow that to happen if a party member with Recalm is present and alive, I could take that as a compromise.
    • Bring back the party command mechanic from 3, I want to be able to send my lackies off to kill everything in a floor, or find the stairs.
    • Voiced MC with choice between male and female, or, if that's too much work, a voiced female MC for a change.
    • Not set in a high school. Mix it up a little. University students, office staff, all the tenants living in a high rise building, a Kirijo science team? There are loads of options.
    Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Terramagi

@CottonWolf said:

• Make battles continue after the MC dies, if they only allow that to happen if a party member with Recalm is present and alive, I could take that as a compromise.
    • Bring back the party command mechanic from 3, I want to be able to send my lackies off to kill everything in a floor, or find the stairs.
    • Voiced MC with choice between male and female, or, if that's too much work, a voiced female MC for a change.
    • Not set in a high school. Mix it up a little. University students, office staff, all the tenants living in a high rise building, a Kirijo science team? There are loads of options.

First one is SMT tradition.

Nobody likes it, but it's necessary.

P4 gave you so many fucking outs anyways, it's not really necessary. Every single one of your party members would eat a bullet for you once per battle, Homonculus ate mahama/mamudos, and you could always just switch to a dude with Endure.

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zripwud

It would seem that and I wan different games. And is probably something that happens often. That is how difficult is going to be to make Persona 5. But I have confidence, Atlus' gonna make it great! They always do.

On topic, everytime an ally learns a new skill I want to know what it is. Read the description. Learn how many SP uses. Stuff!

And please! Please! Use the D-Pad for a quickmenu to change Personas in the dungeon. Make it snapier Atlus!

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CottonWolf

@Zripwud: Yeah, I'm glad I'm not in their position. Satisfying everyone is an impossible proposition.

@Terramagi: But not a Persona tradition necessarily. I was playing the remake of Innocent Sin today; Tatsuya can die and everything just carries on as usual, so if they wanted to, there's no reason they couldn't bring it back.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By mutha3
    @Terramagi said:

@CottonWolf said:

First one is SMT tradition.

Nobody likes it, but it's necessary.

P1, P2, DDS1 and 2 all lacked MC dead meaning gameover.
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zripwud

I don't know why, but is not an issue for me. I think the combat system is almost perfect. Just to balance it more interestingly. Make it more "puzzley"

Maybe mix up the dungeons a little . Evolve from the typical JRPG dungeon. Less static? I'll like it either way.

MaxxS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MaxxS

Ideally, having S. Links affect the story dialogue would be fantastic. However, when you have scenes with 8 or 9 characters with whom you have S. Links with, all of which could theoretically be at any stage at any given moment, and having those cutscenes be fully voiced acted, that would really bulk up the work for the writers and voice actors. It'd be great, but unless there are changes made to either the way the story or the S. Links progress in Persona 5, it would be a logistical nightmare.

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CottonWolf

@MaxxS said:

Ideally, having S. Links affect the story dialogue would be fantastic. However, when you have scenes with 8 or 9 characters with whom you have S. Links with, all of which could theoretically be at any stage at any given moment, and having those cutscenes be fully voiced acted, that would really bulk up the work for the writers and voice actors. It'd be great, but unless there are changes made to either the way the story or the S. Links progress in Persona 5, it would be a logistical nightmare.

I'd heard rumours that if you max the new S. Links in Golden you get extra story scenes at appropriate points, but I'm can't confirm that one way or another. But yeah, that's a cool idea.

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zripwud

Also... more fights against Persona users. Persona 3 had a bunch of them and they we're pretty rad.

And I don't play any multiplayer games. I love Solo experiences. But the idea of me having my deck of Personas and fighting against another user with my same level but his own deck of Personas is an interesting idea.

Another thing ... Am I the only one who liked the fact that th characters got tired in the dungeon? I liked it 'cause it gave me an excuse to use other party members.

Besides, everyone remebers this like an unbearable feature, but the time they could be on a dungeon went up with their level, so it wasn't really a constrain for me. I'd like to see it back.

Avatar image for namekaze_minato
    Namekaze_Minato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Namekaze_Minato

@mutha3: I would like to see the following changes to P5:

1. Increased number of in-game days; not 7-8 months but a full year or a year and half (it would be nice to see MC and characters move up to their third year)

2. Maximum player/character level and Persona stat should be 100 instead of 99.

3. Bring back fusion spells like in P3. In P3, MC’s fusion spell ability was attributed to the empowerment of the wild card by Death; that was sealed in him); Atlus could easily find some similar justification.

4. Innovative fusion spells: MC performing spells with multiple personae (2, 3, 6, etc); unique spells with teammates (MC with Teammate who is MC’s girlfriend; MC with Teammate who is MC’s Best friend; etc.)

5. The World and Lovers arcanas should be 2 tier social links; the World Arcana should rank up whenever MC maxes out any other S. Link. Also the Lovers Arcana S. Link should not be limited to a person as in P3 and P4, but should activate when MC chooses to pursue a romantic relationship with female S. Link characters. (For Example: If I got to rank 7 or 8 in Chie’s S. Link and decided to be her boyfriend, then the Chariort S. Link would rank up and at the same time the Lovers S. Link would unlock) Thus there would be multiple sets of S. Link dialogues (for each love interest) and add replay value.

6. MC should be able to choose inherited Spells; this is however this is already implemented in P4 Golden.

7. Return of Reverse Persona; these personae will be used by some of the antagonists. These personae have the same card shape as traditional personae but are light red instead of blue. (see http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Reverse_Persona). Example of a reverse person: Adatchi’s Magatsu Izanagi in P4.

8. There should be a new ability of the wild card that allows MC to change Persona/Personae (during battle) into powerful and unique objects like: weapons, equipment, augments to current weapons and equipment, abilities, etc for a fixed number of turns. For simplicity let’s call this transformation Paradim Shift. Only a specific set of personae from the compendium will be able to perform Paradim Shifts.

The MC will require Paradim Cards that will look like arcana cards but these cards will symbolize Virtues or Emotions like: Hope, Love, Determination, Compassion, Selflessness, Patience, etc. MC will achieve these cards from certain S. Link events, story progression, events, etc. Activating Paradim Shifts will require specific conditions and/or the appropriate paradigm cards the more powerful the Paradim Shift the greater will be its activation requirements; the activation requirements for Paradim Shifts of a persona (if any) will be displayed in the next page of that Persona status. Furthermore Teammates with maxed out S. Links can perform their own Paradim Shifts, but they can only do so through MC’s assistance (after all it is a wild card ability)

9. I agree that there should be some kind of organizer to plan your S. Links and add reminders for S. Links, part time jobs, etc. This planner could be an Application in MC’s Smartphone. MC should be able to call S. Link characters.

10. Add a form of promise system; after reaching the maximum rank; S. Link characters will ask you to help them achieve them achieve their dreams or goals. Making a promise will unlock a variant ultimate persona fusion of the respective S. Link Arcana. Also there will be more S. Link events to help fulfill said promise.

11. There should be different Variant forms of MC’s default Persona that can be fused in the Velvet Room. Each form will have different stats; attributes, skills and their own distinct Paridim Shift. These variant forms will be unlocked with the progression of the World Arcana as I have mentioned in one of the above points. Maxing out the World S. Link will unlock 3 Ultimate Personae; each inherits all the Paridim Shifts of its Fusion material Personae (One modeled after MC’s Default Persona, the second will be a variant of one of the antagonist’s Reverse Persona, the third is obtained by fusing the first two).

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By falconpunch

more customizable skill sets for all characters

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Persona 4 was overall a huge improvement to Persona 3. There is only one gameplay change I want with Persona 5. I always thought it was unfair that the main character can change Personas without much explanation. It made the main character WAY more powerful than the supporting characters. I understand that's part of the game, but I'd like a more "level paying field" so to speak. Here's what I propose:

• All playable characters can swap personas... of the same Arcana only. For example:
      • Kanji--not saying Kanji should be in the game just using him as an example--is of The Emperor Arcana. When you get him, he starts out with his usual Emperor persona. As you encounter Shuffle Cards with personas, any Emperor Arcana personas can be assigned to him. If you draw from the Compendium, you have the option of dropping the persona in Kanji--again, as long as it is an Emperor persona.
      • Kanji would have a smaller pool of total personas to choose from, like a maximum of three or four.
      • The main character would still have to have total freedom on which personas they carry. Otherwise the Social Link portion of the game wouldn't make any sense or would need to be considerably re-worked (and there was nothing wrong with it to begin with).

Also, yes I want fully-voiced Social Link encounters.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

One of the things I really like about Digital Devil Saga is the fact that you don't lose skills. You can only equip eight at a time, but you can switch them out anytime outside of battle. I think it would be great if you could do that with your teammates. Earlier today, I had to get rid of Matarunda with Yukiko even though that's a very useful skill.

I don't think the MC or his Personas really need to be able to do that since you can carry tons of skills with your different Personas anyway.

I don't think it makes sense for the game to be over if the MC dies. I've never liked that.

Put the press-turn battle system in Persona 5. I can't tell you how many times I've started to formulate a strategy in P4 that revolves around the press turn system only to stop myself and remember that P4's combat uses something a little different.

They need to do something new with dungeons. Persona 3 and 4 were just tiles randomly connected. Each dungeon had a different coat of paint, but they were the same tiles connected in the same ways. I really like the idea of handmade dungeons like Nocturnes, though obviously with a bigger emphasis on going from floor to floor. Or letting you restart the floor you're on in the same spot that you left, or at a checkpoint, or whatever. It just needs to be something more interesting that fighting your way to the exit, rinsing, and repeating.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game Over when the MC dies needs to go, that shit is and always has been stupid as fuck in games that have revival items. Why can the MC revive a party member but a party member can't revive them? It's even worse in Persona where there are two different types of insta-death spells. It restricts play styles for the MC and forces you to focus on their safety rather than the more efficient way of acting.

I would also like a party style similar to FFX actually, allowing you to use all your party members in battle. Make it a bit less easy to switch than in FFX but still allow changes mid-battle. It encourages using the entire party rather than just the 3 you prefer over the rest.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella said:

Game Over when the MC dies needs to go, that shit is and always has been stupid as fuck in games that have revival items. Why can the MC revive a party member but a party member can't revive them? It's even worse in Persona where there are two different types of insta-death spells. It restricts play styles for the MC and forces you to focus on their safety rather than the more efficient way of acting.

I would also like a party style similar to FFX actually, allowing you to use all your party members in battle. Make it a bit less easy to switch than in FFX but still allow changes mid-battle. It encourages using the entire party rather than just the 3 you prefer over the rest.

I never considered it before, but you're right. MC death should be re-worked. Maybe if the battle ends and he's still dead then it's game over? Anyways...

Yeah I could totally get behind a "burn a turn to swap a character" style gameplay but that might make things too easy? idk...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.