Is it too late for Persona 5?

• 62 results
#51 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

It would be cool if they did a duel console release and put out an improved version on the PS4.

#52 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

Yup it's too late. I mean when they release next generation consoles the old ones blow up remotely so there is no way to release PS3 or 360 games in 2014.

#53 Posted by Nictel (2430 posts) -

You don't rush a work of love

#54 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It's never too late.

#55 Posted by Rafaelfc (1417 posts) -

never too late. and I will play the shit out of it even if it's crap.

#56 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5077 posts) -

@msavo said:

Yup it's too late. I mean when they release next generation consoles the old ones blow up remotely so there is no way to release PS3 or 360 games in 2014.

That's basically the story of Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, right?

#57 Posted by sonicrift (305 posts) -

This time next year, I might not have a PS3 hooked up to a television. It really depends on living arrangements, but our TV doesn't have a free HDMI port for a PS4 unless the PS3 takes a hike.

If my girlfriend is playing Lego Batman 3 or whatever, she's not gonna let me unhook the PS4 to play Persona.

#58 Posted by probablytuna (3805 posts) -

I hope P4G sold well to warrant a cross-platform release for Persona 5 (PS3 + PSV or PS4 + PSV). Though that means the visuals would need to be downscaled but I wouldn't mind it too much.

#59 Posted by Ennosuke (59 posts) -

I wish they would give us some information, so that we get some hope :D

#60 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Persona 3 and 4 say fuck your notion of console cycles.

#61 Edited by Szlifier (507 posts) -

They've built an engine for PS3 and used it only for Catherine so far. There must be another game to make a profit.

#62 Posted by Vertrucio (149 posts) -

On the other hand, the PS4's architecture is very PC-like, easy to develop on and convert to and from. This also happens to make it much closer to the 360's architecture since that was also very PC-like. This means a 360 version could see a reasonable port to the PS4, and since Catherine was on both 360 and PS3, it's a sign that they could just skip this generation, albeit, it would still take a lot of work.

Launching anywhere near the launch date of the PS4 also gives it a boost from the launch day game buying frenzy.

Sony might be wanting to help late cycle PS3 developers who also have a PS4 devkit in converting late cycles games over to be able to run on the PS4, as a kind of PS3.5 development scheme. However, it's a complex process and the architectures are so different, it'd be easier to just use the 360 code and port it to PS4 than to actually use the PS3 code.

Marketing campaigns also usually start 6-3 months before a game comes out, and usually they're announced and shown a bit before that. Considering it's a few days from April, that means that if they started the marketing campaign now they run the risk of butting up against the frenzy of a new console cycle.

All that said, these unique games like the Persona series have dedicated fanbases that will seek the game out regardless of whatever else is happening in the market, and it's enough of a base where they could just launch it where and how ever they wanted and it would still make money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.