Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

P5 Release Window Might Be Confirmed? (Oct-Dec 2015)

• 52 results
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#1  Edited By donutfever

I don't know this site, but just off appearances it doesn't look awful, Twitter seems to believe it, and those graphs sure look a lot like graphs. Good enough for me!

Anyway, it's about where I would have guessed. They said it would be out in the west 2015, and they still haven't given a Japanese release date, so there was only so many places the two dates could land.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A simultaneous release between Japan and NA seems unlikely given the previous track record, but not an unwelcome scenario. If Persona 5 does come out this year outside of Japan it'll finish off 2015 as a fantastic year for gaming, at least for me.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

A simultaneous release between Japan and NA seems unlikely given the previous track record, but not an unwelcome scenario. If Persona 5 does come out this year outside of Japan it'll finish off 2015 as a fantastic year for gaming, at least for me.

In fairness Persona as a series is much bigger then it was when they last put out a major title. P4 kinda blew the doors off so they could totally get away with doing it worldwide.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hype as fuck. I didn't actually expect it to come out this year. While this isn't official yet, I hope so

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Europe release coming 2017.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

What makes you think the European release will be so soon?

Seriously, now that Sega owns Atlus, maybe the game will come out for you guys in a reasonable timeframe.

In the meantime, I'd be pretty happy to hear that this game is coming out in NA this year.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it did came out this year that would be absolutely amazing, but sadly I doubt it. Can't imagine a NA/European release that isn't at the very least 6 months after the Japanese one.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

If it did came out this year that would be absolutely amazing, but sadly I doubt it. Can't imagine a NA/European release that isn't at the very least 6 months after the Japanese one.

I suspect Atlus/SEGA will be pulling out all the stops to get this one localized as soon as possible, because this is basically Atlus' major tentpole release at this point and it's more or less why SEGA bought out Atlus. It's hard to say how feasible that will be depending on how big of a task it will be to localize this one, but I'd bet we'd see it sooner than 6 months.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I always thought that the Atlus Japan team did their best to get the written shit down as soon as possible, to speed up localization. Also, I already thought it was confirmed by Atlus that they are at least shooting for a 2015 NA release. I see no reason why it couldn't happen.

That said, I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By papercut

I believe that that date is what they are shooting for, but I wouldn't be surprised if the date got pushed back like every other release this generation.

But I'll start replaying all the games again just to be safe.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Also, I already thought it was confirmed by Atlus that they are at least shooting for a 2015 NA release.

I thought they had said that when the Japan release date was still "winter 2014".

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nightriff

Just say a date and I'll fucking be there

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god please! If this actually happens I will be so happy.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Don't really have much to contribute other than to tell yall I'm pretty sure Persona Central is ran by our very own fluxwavez. That is all

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I will believe it when they get up on that stage at E3 and say "WASSSUP, PERSONA 5 COMIN THIS YEAR". Until then, I'd rather couch my hopes in a spring 2016 release at the earliest.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Did they confirm simultaneous Japan/US releases? 'Cause that'd be awesome.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka said:

Did they confirm simultaneous Japan/US releases? 'Cause that'd be awesome.

Nope, just both being in Q4. Japan in October and NA in December?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case but I'm not going to get my hopes up. They have a pretty bad track record for getting these games localized quickly.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Would be nice for sure, but I'm fully expecting the NA release to come in March/April of next year.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll believe it when it's out.

I don't buy that this game is coming out this year in the US.

(but would love to be wrong)

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It coming out this year would be awesome, but I refuse to count any proverbial chickens before they hatch.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The possibility of a delay is ever-present in both Japan and North America. But yes, if the previously confirmed 2015 release dates both in Japan and North America prove to be true, the release window for both regions would have to be October to December of this year.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:
    @sessh said:

I suspect Atlus/SEGA will be pulling out all the stops to get this one localized as soon as possible, because this is basically Atlus' major tentpole release at this point and it's more or less why SEGA bought out Atlus. It's hard to say how feasible that will be depending on how big of a task it will be to localize this one, but I'd bet we'd see it sooner than 6 months.

Okay, you make a fair point and I'd be really happy if you are right.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Let me see if I follow the logic:

• Sega has 4 titles schedules for release for Q1 & Q2 in Japan.
    • Those 4 titles have been announced, and none are Persona 5.
    • Sega has 14 titles forecast to be released from Q1-Q4 in Japan.
    • Q4 is January-March 2016.
    • Persona 5 was 'still set' for a 2015 release as of last December.
    • Therefore, Persona 5 will come out Q3, or from October-December 2015.

I don't know. It seems like so much of the prediction hangs upon the previous statement that the game was 'still set' to come out in 2015. I think the only thing we can really say for certain is that the game will not come out before October 2015.

That link for the 'still set' comment also contains a comment from Atlus USA PR manager John Hardin, where he mentioned on NeoGaf that,

I think they left out the 2015 part of that. Not simultaneous with Japan, but we do what we do as quick as we can.

So there is still going to be a delay for the NA release, to say nothing of the EU release. Even then, projects get pushed back all the time in the gaming industry, even more so these days. I'd put money down on a January-March 2016 release. It would probably be even better for them, as they'd have less competition during that time.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sunbrozak said:

Man, if they do that I'm making a US playstation account or import it like I did Catherine. Screw that.

Also, man, if it's out this year... damn. Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and P5 in one year? I'd be speechless.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@viking_funeral said:

I don't know. It seems like so much of the prediction hangs upon the previous statement that the game was 'still set' to come out in 2015. I think the only thing we can really say for certain is that the game will not come out before October 2015.

Yeah, this is basically it. It's not so much a prediction as using the statements that have been made before and the current confirmations. Both games have been confirmed for 2015, (and Atlus USA's PR manager reconfirmed the window two months ago) so that's the logic the article went with, outlining that it's as long as both releases are not delayed.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm told that the Persona 5 page on Atlus USA's site (http://atlus.com/atlus-titles/persona5/?#upcp-user-tab-panel-1) was updated yesterday. It still says 2015. Do you believe in miracles?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BradBrains

@donutfever said:

I'm told that the Persona 5 page on Atlus USA's site (http://atlus.com/atlus-titles/persona5/?#upcp-user-tab-panel-1) was updated yesterday. It still says 2015. Do you believe in miracles?

when they give a 2016 release date my depression will be because of you :D

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gematsu dude did research on this. The site designer just threw in "old copy" according to Atlus. So it's nothing substantial.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope it comes out in EU before I have grandkids.

Atlus are the worst.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amafi said:

I just hope it comes out in EU before I have grandkids.

Atlus are the worst.

its your fault for being full of diversity and multiple languages, really :p

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hakunin

@sunbrozak said:

My US PSN account is ready.

And if SEGA are poppy-pants and for whatever reason don't do a digital release, I will import that shit.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: the more people do that the less likely they are to ever change though.

And Persona, being on the PS4 is obviously not a big issue. The 3DS games are though. I nearly bought an american 3ds until I came to my senses. (also they released SMT4)

I hate EFIGS. Not having italian localization shouldn't stop anyone from releasing the english version.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2015-persona-5-launching-in-2015-for-ps4-ps3/1100-6428220/

seems like atlus is being more clear this week about the release date.

still skeptical...but....O MANO MANOMAN

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yes yes yes yes yes, come on.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure they wouldn't have restated it so many times if they weren't somewhat confident. It'll probably just make it out by releasing mid-December.

Though the English trailer still had a Japanese HUD. I suppose that might come later than it would with most games due to Persona's stylish menus, but I thought it was worth noting.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dont' want to get my hopes up, but man if I could play it this year...

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RonGalaxy

The US website for the game still lists it at 2015, so I still have my hopes up a little bit. It'll probably get a winter release date announcement at tgs. I'm guessing somewhere between December and February.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a bump to this as it might shine a little more light on it. In this months EDGE magazine, they printed the following ad listing a bunch of PS4 games. This is an ad provided by Sony. Now it mentions the UK blog site, I don't know if that means it's just the EU that it will come in for 2016 and it might get out in December in the US but my guess is it'll be 2016 for everywhere in the West.

Having said that, the fact they put the FF7 Remake and Dead Island 2 as a 2016 game makes it seem like they might just be throwing some titles in there to flesh it out. Unless it turns out they're going to be mental and release FF7 piecemeal.

No Caption Provided

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Persona 5 would make a delightful Christmas present to myself. Hope that December release happens. (I might still be knees deep in Fallout 4 though, so it might not matter)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have we got Yakuza 5 yet?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a rumor going around that there going to announce the release date at the D23 in Japan, which is in November. Also one of the people working on it confirmed there are more characters that they have yet to show.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos: That was a given though right? Aren't most mainline Atlus games very hush hush before release on whats in it?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos: That was a given though right? Aren't most mainline Atlus games very hush hush before release on whats in it?

Given how little they had showed of it I was hoping there were more characters but I wasn't completely sure. I am super glad there are though, 3 just seemed really low coming off of p4

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish said:

Given how little they had showed of it I was hoping there were more characters but I wasn't completely sure. I am super glad there are though, 3 just seemed really low coming off of p4

I was a little worried myself, so this is good to hear. I've generally been avoiding everything about this game, but the characters/party members and the interactions with them are the majority of my interest in these games. Hell, I don't like the regular version of P3 as much as either the Female MC version or P4 in large part because of not being able to SL with (most) of your party.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a rumor going around that there going to announce the release date at the D23 in Japan, which is in November. Also one of the people working on it confirmed there are more characters that they have yet to show.

That "rumor" is ridiculously dumb. Atlus would have no reason whatsoever to be associated with D23.

And yes, Shigenori Soejima stated that there would be more characters to reveal in Persona Magazine 6 months ago, in the #2015 February issue.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i don't think persona is big enough in the states to come out with damn near no marketing, i would say spring 2016 if it releases in japan this year. It's not like it's an indie title with a 5 man team behind it, they know how long the development will take so the lack of release date seems to signify a delay to next year.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/17/persona-5-release-2015-confirmed/

seems like atlus PR is being pretty clear its 2015. its also showing 2015 on the english website.

this means before christmas we are probably gonna be playing persona.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.