Persona 5

#1 Posted by JMcI2000 (2 posts) -

Recently heard this has been confirmed but I was wondering whether it's coming to PS2 or PS3?
#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

No platforms have been confirmed yet.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

You know, I'm actually kinda concerned that this may be a PSP game. The logic being that Atlus put P3 on PSP to test the waters of making a PSP game.

#4 Posted by Chadwick (52 posts) -
@neoepoch said:

" You know, I'm actually kinda concerned that this may be a PSP game. The logic being that Atlus put P3 on PSP to test the waters of making a PSP game. "

 That's why I will not be purchasing P3P on the PSP. Well, that and the fact that I already bought and played through it twice.
 
I try to vote with my dollars.
#5 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Hey, if it comes to PSP, I might actually get some use out of it.  
 
Also what do you think the chances are of Endurance Run references? 

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Hopefully it comes out on the PS3.  The potential!

#7 Posted by Chris2KLee (2336 posts) -

You know, I was thinking about the rising costs of making games in HD, and while I doubt they'll release it on the PS2 again, what about the Wii? I could easily see the design team using the Wii option to avoid having to make the jump to HD and still probably get decent sales (in Japan at least). I really want this on 360 and PS3, but I could see them going the non HD route and taking it to the Wii like Capcom did with Monster Hunter Tri.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (15947 posts) -

I'd prefer it be on the PS3 obviously, but it's most likely going to be out on both PS3 and 360.

#9 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" I'd prefer it be on the PS3 obviously, but it's most likely going to be out on both PS3 and 360. "
I doubt it, for some reason. Atlus already cater to a very niche market, and they probably know how poorly JRPG's tend to fare on the 360. They'll just be wasting money if they release it on the 360.
#10 Posted by phantomzxro (1577 posts) -

Yeah i hope it comes out for the ps3 i think they have been doing well banking money on the rerelease on the psp that they can pony up the money to make a great ps3 game.
#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15947 posts) -
@Shinri said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'd prefer it be on the PS3 obviously, but it's most likely going to be out on both PS3 and 360. "
I doubt it, for some reason. Atlus already cater to a very niche market, and they probably know how poorly JRPG's tend to fare on the 360. They'll just be wasting money if they release it on the 360. "
One can hope. Although people are gonna start bitching at me now for saying that.
#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@Chris2KLee: Many other people also consider the Wii as an unsurprising platform for Persona 5 to end up on.  Personally, I would bet anything that it'll end up as a PS3 exclusive.  I only have an Xbox 360, but I'll purchase whatever platform P5 ends up on in a heartbeat.
#13 Posted by Yummylee (21636 posts) -

As long as it's available on the ps3, I couldn't care less.

#14 Posted by Chris2KLee (2336 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Chris2KLee: Many other people also consider the Wii as an unsurprising platform for Persona 5 to end up on.  Personally, I would bet anything that it'll end up as a PS3 exclusive.  I only have an Xbox 360, but I'll purchase whatever platform P5 ends up on in a heartbeat. "
The achievement whore in me wants it on the 360, but the PS3 would do just fine. I imagine if they do go HD they'd want to recoup their expenses quickly, so I could see it on both PS3 and 360 no problem. Portable is not preferable, but who knows, 3DS maybe? Imagine how cool the summons would look! Or not.
 
Gah, the wait is killing me!!!!
#15 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Atlus have made decent looking games before, its entirely possible they could make a PS360 game that doesn't look like it was ported from something less powerful. We're not talking about NIS over here.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

what sucks is that I really don't see them announcing it at e3; they haven't even done an announcement in japan yet. It's still a month away, but I somehow have my doubts.

#17 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

coming out on the 2600. :p

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@Laketown: They'd definitely not announce a game like that at E3 (I think).  Persona is not as mainstream as Final Fantasy, so having that game as a sticking point in the Sony conference would be weird (but awesome).  It would have to be something more Japanese centric, like Famitsu or the Tokyo Game Show.
#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

XBLA!

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@Dany said:
" XBLA! "
DSiware!
#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Well, was P4 60 bucks at launch or 20-40?
#22 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @FluxWaveZ: Well, was P4 60 bucks at launch or 20-40? "
uh, PS2 games were 50 bucks at launch

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.