Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Persona 5: Choose your own music.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

That P5 music "leak" a while ago was at least fun in that you discovered some cool music you've never heard before. I thought that maybe we could continue that by posting what we think would be fitting for a Persona game. Everyone's lists will obviously be quite reflective of their own tastes. You can break down the music into themes if you want, like determination, memories, school, battle, etc. You don't have to stick to my themes.

*Kavinsky's work in full is very hard to find on youtube, haha.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@aegon: If anyone put counting stars in any game I would lose my mind.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

As much as I liked it initially, I don't think I'd want them to go with the Persona 3 (and 4 also, I think?) habit of including songs with lyrics. To their credit, the lyrics are generally not mixed to the forefront, but there's still only so many times I can hear "I never felt like, da da da-ddaa daaa, I never felt like DA da da-ddaa da da" every time I go into a shop. Not to mention "babybabybabybabybabybaby."

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

As much as I liked it initially, I don't think I'd want them to go with the Persona 3 (and 4 also, I think?) habit of including songs with lyrics. To their credit, the lyrics are generally not mixed to the forefront, but there's still only so many times I can hear "I never felt like, da da da-ddaa daaa, I never felt like DA da da-ddaa da da" every time I go into a shop. Not to mention "babybabybabybabybabybaby."

DON'T YOU DARE BADMOUTH BAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEH

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@aegon said:

@bbalpert said:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love BAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEHBAYBEH as much as the next guy, but there are times when a little variety is nice.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: the best way possible.

Maybe this?

Loading Video...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

P5 is all Lotus Juice. Nothing else, no instruments, no beats, just lotus juice.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

For wacky hijinks:

Loading Video...

For holy shit how many times have I listened to this fucking song:

Loading Video...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The only song I can think of was the velvet room from persona 3.

Loading Video...

My friend loves this game, and he tried to get me to play it, but I wasn't digging it to much. Hell I don't even know what's special about the game (no pun intended)

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about they make everyone happy and include a custom music option within the game? Everyone has different tastes in music. Honestly, the Persona OST's were not my cup of tea.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@aegon said:

@bbalpert said:

OOOOOH, YEAH! DA-DUH-DA-DUH, DUH-DUH-DA-DA

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I can pretty much guarantee Shoji Meguro's work will return. His scores are consistently one of the most praised parts of the Persona team's games.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Persona 5 should be all post-rock to remain edgy. Maybe it's just me.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@bbalpert said:

Loading Video...

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@bbalpert said:

how about "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BA BADA BADA BADABU DUUUHHH... *mumbles something that sounds like french*"

Anyways... silliness aside. It would be cool if you could chose your own soundtrack in-game, but that sounds like a lot of work to do properly. The first thing I would do is set the battle music to "Reach Out to the Truth". =) Ahh good times.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auron570 said:

@flipperdesert said:

@aegon said:

@bbalpert said:

how about "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BA BADA BADA BADABU DUUUHHH... *mumbles something that sounds like french*"

Anyways... silliness aside. It would be cool if you could chose your own soundtrack in-game, but that sounds like a lot of work to do properly. The first thing I would do is set the battle music to "Reach Out to the Truth". =) Ahh good times.

Naw! One of my favourite parts of the game is the catchy, weird soundtrack. I wouldn't want to replace it with my own stuff because I'd much rather have a new battle theme with MC Lotus Juice laying down some dope rhymes over the top. Though as far as style goes I've love some real upbeat ska music.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flappy

@caustic_fox said:

How about they make everyone happy and include a custom music option within the game? Everyone has different tastes in music. Honestly, the Persona OST's were not my cup of tea.

Sounds like the sort of decision that the Internet would get flustered about.

"Why is there an option to use your own music? Do they not have confidence in their soundtrack? Who doesn't like Shoji Meguro? WHO THE FUCK DOESN'T LIKE SHOJI MEGURO-SAN-SAMA-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!?"

It's a bit of an exaggeration, but I've seen enough of the SMT/Persona fanbase to realize that it's a pretty crazy one. I'm positive that all of the fans aren't like that, but the vocal minority seems to be the Anime-loving, pocky-slinging, body pillow fanatics mixed with the douchebaggery of JRPG-elitists. Shit's fucked, yo.

Personally, I just throw on a pair of headphones and listen to my own stuff whenever I'm tired of a soundtrack/doing something tedious. Let ATLUS spend a little more time making the color theme more appealing; it's gonna be a bit hard to top Persona 4's loveliness.

----------

EDIT: On a sidenote, I'm still pissed that I haven't been able to figure out the original name of this song:

Loading Video...

Nothing is worse than being unable to identify a movie/game/song/show, especially when you've got a case like this where the answer is right there.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

What ever the team decides is the music I am totally cool with. Both P3 and P4's soundtracks are works of art alone

icybankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roaming:

Loading Video...

Battle Theme:

Loading Video...

Dunno, But it sounds cool:

Loading Video...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

Never played TWEWY, but a lot of people liked it.

I was just listening to Dio, so I'm going to suggest an 80's metal-themed Persona game. Get away from this JPOP shit, as much as I loved it.

Actually, I would like to see Persona 5 do something radically different. Wouldn't it be great if every other Persona game took a vast departure from the previous two, keeping only the high-school persona-fusing dungeon-crawling core of madness that we know and love? No? You guys just want Persona 4 with better graphics and more personas?

OK then.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

The build-up makes this a great boss battle music, I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.