Persona 5 Music unveiled on Youtube?

• 109 results
#1 Edited by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

On Atlus's Japanese Youtube page, they have uploaded what is apparently music from Persona 5. The videos contain still art of what could be characters from the game. It seems legit. What do you guys think? I like what I've heard of the music so far, and it doesn't sound like a repeat of either P3 or P4. The character art looks like an interesting shift, as well.

EDIT: Upon further review (see below), it's been determined to be a fake. Not bad for a fake, though, I'll give the creators that.

#2 Posted by Nottle (1918 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

On Atlus's Japanese Youtube page, they have uploaded what is apparently music from Persona 5. The videos contain still art of what could be characters from the game. It seems legit. What do you guys think? I like what I've heard of the music so far, and it doesn't sound like a repeat of either P3 or P4. The character art looks like an interesting shift, as well.

Good to see you saw the taken down thread too. It seems plausible. The art doesn't seem sloppily made nor does the music. Is any of the music the kind of upbeat rap or Jpop like Mass Destruction or Reach out to the Truth?

#3 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Really liking what I've heard so far too. Seems to be darker than Persona 4 in general and the puppet theme is interesting. Hopefully we get a release date soon.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@Hailinel said:

Good to see you saw the taken down thread too. It seems plausible. The art doesn't seem sloppily made nor does the music. Is any of the music the kind of upbeat rap or Jpop like Mass Destruction or Reach out to the Truth?

This is apparently one of the battle theme mixes. Unless I'm mistaken, the kanji next to the character pictured is "Shujinko," which means "Protagonist," so perhaps this is the main character?

#5 Edited by JeffGoldblum (3710 posts) -

This seems too elaborate to be fake, but then again posting a game's entire soundtrack on the internet isn't the usual method of game announcement, but then again Atlus is crazy, but then again...

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2810 posts) -

Pretty sure that is fan made stuff.

#7 Edited by VisariLoyalist (2998 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@Hailinel said:

absolutely! there may be more upbeat stuff this is the most upbeat I could find in a few seconds of checking videos this one is entitled "rock star"

Edit: This is super upbeat and in english I present PARADISE

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@JeffGoldblum said:

This seems too elaborate to be fake.

@DonChipotle said:

I'm not sure which it is, but I have to agree that if it is fake, it's an elaborate forgery.

#9 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Fake.

#10 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2195 posts) -

The victory music is pretty great.

#11 Posted by Berserker976 (385 posts) -

Man, I really hope this is legit, because I'm really digging the art style and the music.

#12 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

I really hope that this is real, but I can't help but think that it's fake. But perhaps we'll see?

#13 Posted by Nottle (1918 posts) -

@JeffGoldblum said:

@DonChipotle said:

I'm torn between these ideas. It would be some crazy talented fan, but at the same time why? They'd need the decent artwork and the music.

#14 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4981 posts) -

It is fan-made. Made by a group in Brazil or some shit.

#15 Posted by ick_bop (109 posts) -

Yeah, seems WAY too elaborate to be fake. I mean...it's an entire goddamn soundtrack and a very well produced one at that.

#16 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3710 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@JeffGoldblum said:

@DonChipotle said:

I'm torn between these ideas. It would be some crazy talented fan, but at the same time why? They'd need the decent artwork and the music.

Fan made or not, I'd play this Persona 5.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

Hold on. The rating on this is supposedly CERO Z. In Japan, Z is the rating reserved for strictly 18+. It's basically the most severe rating that such a game could be given and the only CERO rating regulated by Japanese law, apparently.

So yeah, probably fake.

#18 Posted by OmegaChosen (646 posts) -

Translating the Japanese text, it says that it's fan-made. Still, it's very well made fan music.

#19 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Hope it's not fake. I'd really love to play as young Dojima.

EDIT: @OmegaChosen said:

Translating the Japanese text, it says that it's fan-made. Still, it's very well made fan music.

Oh damn =(

#20 Edited by Bigbombomb (677 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: I also present to you ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

Actually, it doesn't sound bad.

Edit: Fan made‽ If that's true, the music and artwork are really well produced.

#21 Posted by Nottle (1918 posts) -

Would a game be rated Z by CERO at this point in development? I know nothing about the Japanese rating system.

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Nottle said:

@Hailinel said:

absolutely! there may be more upbeat stuff this is the most upbeat I could find in a few seconds of checking videos this one is entitled "rock star"

Edit: This is super upbeat and in english I present PARADISE

Ok. I could see these in a persona game. hmmm.

#22 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2998 posts) -

@OmegaChosen said:

yeah im going to listen to it and fantasize about a person 5 endurance run and you can't stop me

#23 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3710 posts) -

@OmegaChosen said:

Just verified. That's what it says.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@OmegaChosen said:

Well, there we have it then.

Giant Bomb Investigation Team S. Link RANK UP!

#25 Posted by OmegaChosen (646 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@OmegaChosen said:

Awesome, I thought I felt that we were going to become closer soon!

#26 Edited by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@Nottle: Just like the ESRB, the CERO has a "Rating Pending" designation for games that have yet to go through the process.

#27 Edited by Yummylee (22292 posts) -

Sucks to hear it's fake, because from what I've listened to so far it's bloody fantastic. Are these all new tracks, or are they just remixes of the franchises own stuff?

EDIT; though lol at this one...

Sounds like it keeps shouting out ''faggot'' over and over again...

#28 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -

Duuuuude, it's fan made. Everybody calm the fuck down. 

#29 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Before entering the thread, my first thought was "nope". I'm both glad and sad that I seem to be correct.

This is some pretty awesome music, though.

#30 Posted by OmegaChosen (646 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Sucks to hear it's fake, because from what I've listened to so far it's bloody fantastic. Are these all new tracks, or are they just remixes of the franchises own stuff?

From what I can tell, it's entirely new stuff. It's pretty good too. I could totally see it being in the next Persona game.

#31 Posted by Bocam (3809 posts) -

@Abyssfull: Some of it seems to be remixes of old eroge music, but most of it is original.

#32 Posted by Nottle (1918 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@OmegaChosen said:

I could really go for that shatter sound effect followed by that kind of haunting chant that plays whenever you max out the S. Links.

Seems that the fog that obscures the truth has lifted sadly. I think we need the fog to come back. AMENO!

#33 Posted by themangalist (1742 posts) -

This is amazing. This will forever be in my mind as the unreleased cancelled Persona 5 project.

#34 Posted by Marokai (3115 posts) -

Exceptional music, regardless of it being fan-made. Really good.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

You know, it'd be real funny if this music turns out better than Persona 5's actual music. Fortunately, that should be unlikely.

#36 Posted by stubbleman (306 posts) -

Mann you people. The doesn't sound anything like Shoji Meguro. I mean, maybe it sounds like it's inspired by his work maybe, but that's it. I honestly can't see how anyone would take that for being genuine. I mean, we already knew going out that Meguro is working on it. So it's pretty likely he's doing the music again. I can't imagine them fixing something that isn't broken and changing composers. Cool music and art either way though.

#37 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

@somnambulist: You're right, but I think this track really does sound like Shoji Meguro would have composed it, at least until the lyrics start:

Here's some info about the fan-selected soundtrack: http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9908

#38 Posted by ch3burashka (5180 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

That's basically Something About Us by Daft Punk.

Shoji Meguro is a genius and all, but I'd be really interested in some collab pieces with him and Daft Punk.

#39 Posted by Encephalon (1309 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

This is apparently one of the battle theme mixes. Unless I'm mistaken, the kanji next to the character pictured is "Shujinko," which means "Protagonist," so perhaps this is the main character?

For some reason, this track made my heart ache for a TWEWY sequel.

#40 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

It may be fake but some of these song are fucking fantastic.

#41 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2477 posts) -

It's still bloody devious to slap the company logo on there and everything.

#42 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

@atomic_dumpling said:

It's still bloody devious to slap the company logo on there and everything.

I don't think so; it makes it look falsely authentic. I don't think it was the creator's plan to deceive anyone.

#43 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12004 posts) -

It's a pretty good fake, that's for sure. Although, you can kind of tell after listening to a few of the tracks. They try to replicate the style of the Persona composer but don't really do so. If it was really him the engrish lyrics would be far more prominent.

#44 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

As well-produced as it is, I have to say I hope it isn't real, because that battle music isn't the gold that is Persona 3/FES/Portable and Persona 4.

#45 Posted by Evilsbane (4697 posts) -

Well for fan made stuff some of this music is REALLY damn good.

#46 Posted by PenguinDust (12603 posts) -

@Marokai said:

Exceptional music, regardless of it being fan-made. Really good.

This. I'd buy that disc.

#47 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

It's a pretty good fake, that's for sure. Although, you can kind of tell after listening to a few of the tracks. They try to replicate the style of the Persona composer but don't really do so. If it was really him the engrish lyrics would be far more prominent.

This, the lack of Engrish lyrics was a dead giveaway.

#48 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

The dark Persona 3-esque artstyle and music here is pretty fantastic

Such a bummer that it's fan made, thought we might be closer to a release, who knows how much work is done on P5. The wait sucks

#49 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Looks and sounds great for fan made stuff.

Hope the actual game goes down a darker/not scooby doo route (although if it did turn out to be just like P3 and P4 i'd still be fine with it).

#50 Posted by FLStyle (4842 posts) -

I could listen to these tracks all day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.