Persona 5...on 3DS...?

• 0 results
#-49 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@hai2u said:

" @mutha3:  and I have no idea where ur getting ur numbers from, I got these from vgchartz. I know theyre not the most reliable but they cant be off by more than 100k in sales. Heck according to them FES sold almost 50k copies in the 1st wweek alone. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=persona%203
"
Here's what Atlus has  to say about this:

Persona 4:
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/06/well-how-many-copies-did-persona-4-and-devil-survivor-sell/

I don't feel like digging up the Atlus's 2007-2008 fiscal reports, but,  P3fes sold 11500 and P3 sold 64000. Check the comments, you'll find a witness.

And, yes, Vgchartz has been proven to be wildly inaccurate before.

EDIT: see? According to VG charts, P4 sold 310,000 copies in NA That is 200 K north of the actual numbers. VGchartz is trash and should never be trusted, this has been been proven many,many times.
#-48 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I really dont see Atlus putting Persona 5 on a "current" gen (PS360) console, so the 3DS is a logical home for it. Thats not to say that this game is in fact persona 5, but it would fit Atlus' MO. 

#-47 Posted by Capella (68 posts) -

Yeah, it would make sense, given the way Atlus has avoided the HD side with the SMT series thus far. With Strange Journey on DS, and everything... I'm in favor of it. It find portable games more convenient. 

A port of one of the PSP remakes would make sense I guess, just to have it multiplatform, and maybe P2...Well, I can hope for P2, though I don't have faith that a remake would actually change anything about those games that needs changing (except the fact that getting the whole thing cost me something like 160$...oh, and maybe having Innocent Sin in English).  I just hope they don't decide to go down the P3 upgrade path with P4.

#-46 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I hope it's Persona 2. After all, we already got a remake of Persona and we have 3 versions of persona 3, but we've never gotten all of persona 2.

#-45 Posted by ch3burashka (5168 posts) -

It won't be on a "secondary" system. Valkyria Chronicles got a sequel on the PSP because the original sold dick. P3 and 4, however, were big successes and therefore validate 5 on a console system.

#-44 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I would be fine with it. Not really sure why it would bother so many people.

#-43 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I want the main party in Persona 5 to look like this regardless of system:

#-42 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They'll be flaming, don't worry about that.

#-41 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" They'll be flaming, don't worry about that. "
No, I mean all of the MCs in one party.

I can dream. Dreaming is free (for now).
#-40 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@PureRok: Gawd, the P1 protagonist looks effeminate. 

Anyways, I don't see why you'd want a protagonist-only Persona.  

P1MC:...
P2MC:....
P1MC:...
P3MC:....
P4MC:hmph

Such riveting dialogue! :P
#-39 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Well, seeing as they skipped P2 and went straight from P1 to P3 on the PSP, I'm going to say this is a remake of P2. That or P4P.
Just... anything but P5, Atlus! ANYTHING!

#-38 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Persona 2 seems like the only logical choice in my opinion. I think persona 5 will probably be on the PS3, and Persona 2 is the only one in the series that we in the US haven't gotten to experience in its entirety. 

I'd be disappointed if it were P3P or P4. Because there's really no need for that to be released.

#-37 Posted by Roldan (30 posts) -

Well they said that their next rpg will be on PS3/360. think of Catherine as they first step on next-gen games (or current-gen if you like that name). let's hope for a P2 remake for 3DS.

#-36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Roldan said:
" Well they said that their next rpg will be on PS3/360. think of Catherine as they first step on next-gen games (or current-gen if you like that name). let's hope for a P2 remake for 3DS. "
When and where did they say that?
#-35 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Damnit! I want to play the next Persona game, but I don't want the 3DS. CURSES!

#-34 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@dhaikage:  I'm with you. I'd say it's pretty likely too, seeing as it's the only game in the Persona series that hasn't been released over here yet.
#-33 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Roldan said:
" Well they said that their next rpg will be on PS3/360. think of Catherine as they first step on next-gen games (or current-gen if you like that name). let's hope for a P2 remake for 3DS. "
When and where did they say that? "
i think catherine is their 360/ps3 game......
#-32 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I would bet on P5 for 3DS at this point. 

The DS fucking prints money for JRPGs.

#-31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@shadows_kill said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Roldan said:
i think catherine is their 360/ps3 game...... "
Catherine's not an RPG.
#-30 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @Roldan said:

They didn't explicitly say that their next RPG will be on the PS3/360 but they DID say that the reason Catherine is being made on the next-gen consoles  instead of a new SMT, is because they wanted to try something new before delving into RPG's.

In the very same interview Meguro says that he'll be able to answer questions regarding ''the rpgs where boys and girls fight"(IE:Persona 5) next year.
#-29 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -
@Roldan said:
They didn't say that their next RPG will be for the PS3/360.  Only that they're making Catherine as their way to test the console waters before diving in with their next big console RPG.  Atlus has already announced that they're working on three 3DS titles, one of which is a Persona game.  That's not to say that P5 is going to be a 3DS title, but we can't exactly rule it out since Atlus put Strange Journey (essentially Shin Megami Tensei IV) on the DS, and Square Enix of all companies put Dragon Quest IX, the latest entry in the Queen Mother of Japanese RPG franchises on the handheld as well.

Nothing can be ruled out at this point.
#-28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@mutha3: @Hailinel: That's what I thought.  Their next RPG could very well be on the PS3/360, though.  It just doesn't mean that Persona 5 won't be on the 3DS.
#-27 Posted by Slax (960 posts) -

I want a Persona game for the normal DS...but alas.

#-26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Slax said:
" I want a Persona game for the normal DS...but alas. "
That Persona game would probably suck, given the capabilities of the DS.
#-25 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I really don't care much about the graphics... I'm fine with 3 and 4's. As long as the voice acting is fine, then I'll be happy.

#-24 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @mutha3: @Hailinel: That's what I thought.  Their next RPG could very well be on the PS3/360, though.  It just doesn't mean that Persona 5 won't be on the 3DS. "
The release of Catherine increased the chances of P5 being a multiplat HD release by tenfold.

I will be very, very suprised(and disappointed, seeing how nice Catherine looks graphically) if P5 isn't on an HD console.
#-23 Posted by aurahack (2284 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I believe it's just another remake of Persona: Revelations, just like they did for the PSP, but this time in 3D. "
Either this, or they port Persona 2: Innocent Sin.  

Actually, that'd be wicked awesome.
#-22 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@aurahack: I'm assuming that Persona game for the 3DS is P4P.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
#-21 Posted by aurahack (2284 posts) -
@mutha3: I doubt it. Atlus said a while ago that P4 was the only version of P4 and would continue to be.  

Heck, it could be an entirely new game or kinda-spin-off-like-Devil Survivor.
#-20 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@aurahack said:

" @mutha3: I doubt it. Atlus said a while ago that P4 was the only version of P4 and would continue to be.  

Heck, it could be an entirely new game or kinda-spin-off-like- Devil Survivor. "

They only said that they wouldn't do  FES-like expansion pack. This is a port we're talking about.

Also, if you look at the massive sales numbers P3P pulled for Atlus(its twice what the original did) ....and then keep in consideration that original P4 sold twice what P3 did. AND it lacks the diminishing returns P3P had with the whole FES thing.

I'd prefer them to make new stuff, honest, but I'm just saying: Atlus is a business. 
#-19 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -
@aurahack said:
" @mutha3: I doubt it. Atlus said a while ago that P4 was the only version of P4 and would continue to be.  

Heck, it could be an entirely new game or kinda-spin-off-like-Devil Survivor. "
Amusingly enoough, one of the other 3DS titles Atlus is working on is a new Devil Survivor.  (Video Game King is currently somewhere screaming in rage.)

If Persona 3DS turns out to be a remade and complete Persona 2 with both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, that would be rad, and worth playing just as much as Persona 5 on any platform.
#-18 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

If Persona 3DS turns out to be a remade and complete Persona 2 with both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, that would be rad,

:'( why must you hurt me so?

If Atlus does this, though, I'll donate a kidney.
#-17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @mutha3: @Hailinel: That's what I thought.  Their next RPG could very well be on the PS3/360, though.  It just doesn't mean that Persona 5 won't be on the 3DS. "
The release of Catherine increased the chances of P5 being a multiplat HD release by tenfold.  I will be very, very suprised(and disappointed, seeing how nice Catherine looks graphically) if P5 isn't on an HD console. "
Same here.  The announcement of Catherine is makes me really believe that Persona 5 will be a current gen. console title.
#-16 Posted by Pepsiman (2488 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: They've more or less said that Catherine was serving as a sort of technological testbed for "the RPG" (their words) that they were planning to announce officially sometime next year. Although that technically does leave wiggle room for a mainline SMT (or, admittedly, an entirely separate Atlus franchise) because of still ongoing disputes about whether Strange Journey qualifies as the fourth game, I think there's a good amount of evidence that's been building up since last year that points towards it being Persona 5 for current gen systems.
#-15 Posted by Daveyo520 (6915 posts) -

That would be pretty awesome. I will be getting a 3DS and it will be nice to have something that can play the next Persona game.

#-14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Pepsiman said:
" They've more or less said that Catherine was serving as a sort of technological testbed for "the RPG" (their words) that they were planning to announce officially sometime next year. "
Oh, right!  Now that you mention it, I remember reading a statement like that in one of the interviews for Catherine.  I really have little doubt that Persona 5 won't be at least on the PS3, but I suppose I wouldn't be disappointed if that RPG they mentioned was another mainline SMT game.
#-13 Posted by afrofools (1357 posts) -

A simultaneous console and handheld release of Personas 5 would be sweet (with only difference being graphical difference + input). 

But I think it will be a port of the PSP game, like the moderator suggested.

#-12 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

A port of Persona 4 on the 3DS might be too much to hope for but that would be awesome.

#-11 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -
@Pepsiman said:
" @FluxWaveZ: They've more or less said that Catherine was serving as a sort of technological testbed for "the RPG" (their words) that they were planning to announce officially sometime next year. Although that technically does leave wiggle room for a mainline SMT (or, admittedly, an entirely separate Atlus franchise) because of still ongoing disputes about whether Strange Journey qualifies as the fourth game, I think there's a good amount of evidence that's been building up since last year that points towards it being Persona 5 for current gen systems. "
I'm putting $5 and a box of Topsicles down on the possibility that it's a remake of Digital Devil Story:  Megami Tensei, just 'cuz.
#-10 Posted by TwoLines (2826 posts) -

Why would anyone even ask that question? There's absolutely no way Atlus would make a new Persona game for a handheld device. 
So a P3 spin-off Catherine lands on PS3, and Persona 5- a game from f their most profitable franchise will be made for a 3DS? Come on.
The'll probably port an older one, or one of something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.