Would you like to see Philemon and/or Nyarlathotep again?

#1 Edited by Mayu_Zane (611 posts) -

Being a fan of the Persona series since the first game came out in 1997, I feel like we've gone for too long without seeing these two important characters. While we have been seeing the little glowing butterflies that represent Philemon, I'd like to see him in a speaking role again. The same thing could be said for Nyarlathotep, who used shadow versions of people for his own ends but hasn't shown up himself since Eternal Punishment. Nyarlathotep could come back as the persona of a new villain, as he was once the persona of Takahisa Kandori in the first game. I suppose with other deities as antagonists it's unlikely we'll see Nyarlathotep in the near future, but I would love to see the Crawling Chaos come back to taunt and threaten whoever the new persona team will be.

What about you? Would you like to see Philemon and/or Nyarlathotep return in Persona 5? Maybe not in a major role, but perhaps a cameo of sorts, or get more hints aside from the shadows and the butterflies showing that they are still around and influencing the world.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Mayu_Zane said:

The same thing could be said for Nyarlathotep, who used shadow versions of people for his own ends but hasn't shown up himself since Eternal Punishment.

Persona 4 Arena.

#3 Edited by Zeik (2542 posts) -

Definitely. I don't necessarily need/want them to be the major players again like in P2, but it would be nice if they at least showed up again and played some role. Persona 4 Arena does hint at Nyarlathotep, but we'll have to see if anything actually comes of that.

If nothing else I would at least like to see Philemon return as the guy who gives you your Persona's. It would be interesting to see how his return would affect the Igor relationship as well, since he's no longer just that weird guy that summons your Persona's.

#4 Posted by mrfluke (5271 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Mayu_Zane said:

The same thing could be said for Nyarlathotep, who used shadow versions of people for his own ends but hasn't shown up himself since Eternal Punishment.

Persona 4 Arena.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

If they fit the game, sure. I actually have no idea who those are.

#6 Posted by vikingdeath1 (982 posts) -

Yes, A cameo for Philemon in P5 would be acceptable.

#7 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

If they fit the game, sure. I actually have no idea who those are.

Igor's boss and Igor's boss's arch-nemesis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.