Xbox 360?

• 61 results
#51 Posted by metalsnakezero (2319 posts) -

@MetalBaofu: Here's the crazy part, I got one regular and one Love is over edition.

#52 Posted by FateOfNever (1848 posts) -

@msavo said:

Did Catherine sell well on 360?

Over all? For Atlus, yes. PS3 still had the bulk of the sales, but, it breaks down to something like this (all according to VGChartz, of course)

PS3 Japan- 197,407

PS3 USA- 171,134

360 Japan- 34,332

360 USA- 93,486

So, pulling in over 120k sales is pretty good. It still didn't reach PS3 numbers, but 120k sales is nothing to turn a blind eye too either.

@EVO There are certainly some that would have just bought it for the PS3 instead, but I think trying to use Giant Bomb as a pool to draw a conclusion from for how many people in an entire continent own both a PS3 and a 360 is a bad idea (least from a professional standpoint of like, say, survey taking.) Most of the people that frequent Giant Bomb are game enthusiasts, so they're more likely to own both consoles than someone that doesn't frequent game sites, or, rarely frequent game sites. Even of those that frequent GB, however, there are probably more people than you think that only own one of the two consoles, either by choice or by circumstance. So yes, there would certainly be some that would have just bought it for the PS3 instead, but I don't think it would be as many as you would think. Catherine wasn't, after all, a big multiplayer game. This isn't like MW3 or something where more people would lean towards the 360 because of the multiplayer aspect of the game. This would have been more driven by people wanting achievements instead of trophies probably more than anything. But for some reason, call me crazy, I don't think even half of those 120k sales would have just picked it up on the PS3 isntead (maybe I'm wrong though, I certainly could be, maybe just that many people love achievements over trophies or something.)

But, like @Animasta said, the cost of porting/creating a 360 version of the game is negligible for the amount of extra sales it pulled in (at least speaking for Catherine at this time.) Since creating with multiplatform in mind really doesn't alter the cost of development that drastically to make 120k sales non-profitable. So if P5 released mutliplatform and pulled in 100k sales only from the 360 crowd, that would still be profitable for them. Course, it's just as likely that they'll decide they just don't care enough about the 360 or maybe Microsoft simply won't want the title or something like that and it will end up a PS3 exclusive. With all the behind the scenes stuff, it's hard to say for certain before Atlus finally reveals all that information for the public.

#53 Posted by MetalBaofu (1417 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

@MetalBaofu: Here's the crazy part, I got one regular and one Love is over edition.

Similar thought has already entered my head about Persona, if it has some sort of collector's/limited/etc. edition that looks cool. I could get that first, then get the normal version for the other system a little later. I've never really bought any collector editions before. Mass Effect 3 will be the first...already have it pre-ordered. There would be a great chance that Persona 5 would be my second one, as long as it has one and the contents interest me.

#54 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FateOfNever said:

Over all? For Atlus, yes. PS3 still had the bulk of the sales, but, it breaks down to something like this (all according to VGChartz, of course)

Those numbers don't mean anything, then.

That being said, if there is a PS3 version, there will be a 360 version. Atlus has clearly made a shift towards multi-platform this gen. See: Persona 4 Mayonnaise arena/Catherine.
#55 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@believer258 said:

What consoles is that fighting game coming out for?

Both I think. but that means nothing for Persona 5. For one a different company is making it and it's a fighting game so course it's going to be on console.

Not only is Atlus publishing that game, they are also working on it. Its being co-developed.
#56 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@FateOfNever: I totally forgot to mention it in my last post but I was curious about P4 on the Wii because that Baroque game was a PS2 and Wii release and came out the same year as P4. Technically it was only published by atlus (though Sting and Atlus have some weird love relationship according to wikipedia) so I have to wonder how it fared on the Wii compared to the PS2 (can't really find numbers for it outside of vgchartz... but you know that's vgchartz). Also the classic controller has the same buttons as any other controller, 4 shoulder buttons included. Though that said I imagine if it had came to the Wii the Wiimote and nunchuck would of been fine considering other RPGs have came to the console and just used D-pad for camera control (as painful as that is).
#57 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

@FateOfNever: I totally forgot to mention it in my last post but I was curious about P4 on the Wii because that Baroque game was a PS2 and Wii release and came out the same year as P4. Technically it was only published by atlus (though Sting and Atlus have some weird love relationship according to wikipedia) so I have to wonder how it fared on the Wii compared to the PS2 (can't really find numbers for it outside of vgchartz... but you know that's vgchartz). Also the classic controller has the same buttons as any other controller, 4 shoulder buttons included. Though that said I imagine if it had came to the Wii the Wiimote and nunchuck would of been fine considering other RPGs have came to the console and just used D-pad for camera control (as painful as that is).

I'm pretty sure it was only the case that Atlus USA published Baroque in North America. Sting published it themselves in Japan. You have to remember that a lot of games that Atlus USA has published aren't strictly Atlus games, but other games that fit that same niche market. The only proper Wii games that Atlus has produced up to this point (as far as I'm aware) are the Trauma Center games.

#58 Posted by Carlos1408 (1526 posts) -

If it does come out for the 360, it'll be a day one purchase for me. :)

#59 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@FateOfNever: your wall of text i shall not be quoting.. cause, yeah, wall of text. But say what you like, it's just how I feel about it, Vita and ps3. It's where I weigh it. Just makes the most sense to me. JRPG's don't do well on the 360 and from this game informer interview I just read (this months issue) Microsoft isn't exactly keen on grabbing smaller named JRPG's that don't have 'Final fantasy' in the title. It's Risk vs. Reward. They were burned by blue dragon and Lost Odyessy, which is a shame. I don't think Persona 5 would do well on the 360 if it went there/microsoft actually wanted it.
#60 Edited by Zripwud (247 posts) -

My opinion is that P3 and P4 weren't PS3 exclusives because of some deal, but 'cause it didn't make sense to make an X360 port, because Atlus was a much smaller company then with a giant focus on Japan. When Persona 4 came out on the west and did more than OK, everything changed. They're a much bigger company now and they care a lot more about this side of the world.

@DonutFever said:

It'll be on whatever P4U is on, with the possible addition of Vita.

Pee For You?

#61 Posted by juice8367 (444 posts) -

PC!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.