Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 05, 2014

A dungeon crawler-RPG with chibi-versions of characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is directed by Etrian Odyssey IV director, Daisuke Kanada.

New Persona Q Trailer

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

really like the look of this game, also that is totally the dude from catherine. Fan service the game.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That is totally not Vincent. Vincent is a unique individual that may or may not be Spike Spiegel.

Anyway, it looks like Etrian Odyssey and has both the music and style of a Persona game. Mission Accomplished.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That totally is Vincent, hes even block climbing on desks, WTF is that cutscene about?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flappy

Could've sworn that y'all were referring to the new character for some reason. My fault! With the limited amount of information that we have now, there's no real way of knowing what's going down.

If Vincent and his sheepy homies are making an appearance, then Boss better pop up as well. He was one of the best parts of that game!

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I'm not into games like Etrian Odyssey or Dragon Quest, in that I don't like that you can't see your party during combat. However, with this being a Persona 3 & 4 based game, I'm totally in.

Seems interesting that during one part of the trailer, Mitsuru looked completely freaked out. Not sure I've ever seen her that flustered before...

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Karkarov

@flappy said:

Could've sworn that y'all were referring to the new character for some reason. My fault! With the limited amount of information that we have now, there's no real way of knowing what's going down.

If Vincent and his sheepy homies are making an appearance, then Boss better pop up as well. He was one of the best parts of that game!

Damn straight! It is a nice new trailer though, get to see a little more about whats going on. Apparently everyone got sucked into some alternate reality ;\ Cliche but it lets them do whatever they want so go for it!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigjeffrey

Vincent is killed several times. Like WTF

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@wchigo said:

Seems interesting that during one part of the trailer, Mitsuru looked completely freaked out. Not sure I've ever seen her that flustered before...

Waaayy out of character.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Persona Q? More like Persona Cute!

:3

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: Agreed! But I guess I can overlook it considering it's a spin-off, and we don't know the entire context of the scene yet.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I haven't given this game much thought, but it might be totally cool. I'm into the gameplay part of Etrian Odyssey at least.

With a logo like that I think I'm gonna have to start calling it Personaq though. Sorry, it just has to be done.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a cameo via shadows invading the school and taking on odd forms. That's as good an excuse as any.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigjeffrey
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

Another day, another round of subtitles. Looks like someone beat me to the punch surprisingly, but I didn't know it until I'd already uploaded it, so don't mind me if I just drop off my version here.

Loading Video...

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

rreally like the look of this game, also that is totally the dude from catherine. Fan service the game.

It's kind of Fan Service the franchise. I really hope they don't water down Persona 4 with all these spin-offs. The game and the characters were special - the dancing game especially cheapens them IMO. Persona Q could actually be good - I'm interested in the draw-the-dungeon mechanic (I assume that's in here, because people are comparing it to Etrian Oddysey).

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@bigjeffrey said:

rreally like the look of this game, also that is totally the dude from catherine. Fan service the game.

It's kind of Fan Service the franchise. I really hope they don't water down Persona 4 with all these spin-offs. The game and the characters were special - the dancing game especially cheapens them IMO. Persona Q could actually be good - I'm interested in the draw-the-dungeon mechanic (I assume that's in here, because people are comparing it to Etrian Oddysey).

It's not necessarily in this game, but Persona Q is being made by the Etrian Odyssey director and I would assume at least some of the EO team.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vincent is in this now? Man, this game just looks totally lame.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel

Vincent is in this now? Man, this game just looks totally lame.

Why? Vincent was first seen in Persona 3 Portable, before Catherine was even released. He's been part of the Persona series for a while now.

No Caption Provided

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guys, but the more I see this game, the less I want it. Wish they would just focus all their efforts on localizing P5.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@afabs515 said:

Sorry guys, but the more I see this game, the less I want it. Wish they would just focus all their efforts on localizing P5.

That's okay. The more I see, the more I want it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

The Japanese Atlus offices have nothing to do with localization. That's all the responsibility of Atlus USA.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@afabs515 said:

The Japanese Atlus offices have nothing to do with localization. That's all the responsibility of Atlus USA.

Yeah, but wouldn't Atlus USA have to devote resources to localizing this too?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hailinel

@afabs515 said:

@hailinel said:

@afabs515 said:

Yeah, but wouldn't Atlus USA have to devote resources to localizing this too?

The games aren't coming out at the same time and don't require the same localization schedule. Persona Q is out in June in Japan, and Persona 5 isn't being released until the following winter, which means we can probably expect a mid-late 2014 western release of Persona Q and a 2015 release of Persona 5. And before you start whining about how other games are taking you away from your precious Persona 5, keep in mind that a lot of people are also looking forward to PQ and other Atlus titles. People need to quit treating Atlus as though the only reason they exist is to give them Persona 5 as fast as they possibly can. It is absolutely stupid the number of times people have come into Atlus game threads that aren't P5 related to only complain that they want Persona 5.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wchigo said:

Waaayy out of character.

Well, that's an odd thing to say. She's not an emotionless robot, and she's still P3 era Mitsuru so it's not as though there's not something that could strongly faze her.

Vincent appearing as a figurine is pretty cool, though there's no way he actually appears in the game because of the P-Team narratively distancing Catherine from the Persona franchise.

tumbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@wchigo said:

Waaayy out of character.

After watching the trailer again, that scene looks like a "hit the bottle" game at a fair (Vincent being one of the targets) that Aigis and Naoto are playing.

So i think Vincent might only be fan-service? i might be wrong.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't really Etrian Odyssey style games but I really want to play this. Probably because it is more Persona then Etrian Odyssey .

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I guess it's pretty cool that Vincent is in it. I guess. The game still looks lame to me, though. Probably because I hate Etrian Odyssey.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT LADY HAS GUNS FOR FINGERS WHATTTTT

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigjeffrey

@tumbell said:
    @bigjeffrey said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@wchigo said:

Waaayy out of character.

After watching the trailer again, that scene looks like a "hit the bottle" game at a fair (Vincent being one of the targets) that Aigis and Naoto are playing.

So i think Vincent might only be fan-service? i might be wrong.

yeah that's probably the case, Vincent targets????

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait, the game is going to be about the SEES team facing their shadow selves? Seems like Mitsuru was freaking out about something pretty hard.

SkygamerzeroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much watched this trailer too many times. The music in this game is really going to kick ass. Loved the music sample they posted on YouTube.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, ok, NOW I'm interested in this game. Despite the art style, the story looks pretty interesting. Is this the canon continuation of P3 and P4, or is it just an off-shoot? Does anything explain why the Persona 3 protagonist is there?

Also, I want the English cast, it just doesn't sound right in Japanese.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@random45 said:

Wow, ok, NOW I'm interested in this game. Despite the art style, the story looks pretty interesting. Is this the canon continuation of P3 and P4, or is it just an off-shoot?

The canon continuation to P3 and P4 is the Persona 4 Arena series, said as much by Atlus. Persona Q is a story that takes place at the same time as the events of Persona 3 and Persona 4, demonstrated by the calendars for both games at the beginning of the trailer. It has not been said whether this story is canon or not, but if it is that means that the story will end with every P4 and P3 character losing their memories of the events of this game and returning to their respective time frames before the school festivals or else it would not make any sense concerning the events of P3, P4 and P4A.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Aegon

@fluxwavez: I think it has to do with time travel. A clock tower appears in the Persona 4 school. Take a look at this:

According to said rumors, whoever hears the sound of the tower's bell will die. The bell's chime was also heard in Tartarus by the members of SEES, who find themselves transported to Yasogami High.

That seems like the Persona 3 team time travelling a few years forward to the Persona 4 team.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@aegon said:

@fluxwavez: I think it has to do with time travel. A clock tower appears in the Persona 4 school. Take a look at this:

According to said rumors, whoever hears the sound of the tower's bell will die. The bell's chime was also heard in Tartarus by the members of SEES, who find themselves transported to Yasogami High.

That seems like the Persona 3 team time travelling a few years forward to the Persona 4 team.

Yes, that's the entire premise of the story. The P3 team are transported to the labyrinth while exploring Tartarus and the P4 team are transported to the labyrinth during their school festival.

The story section in our wiki isn't complete, by the way:

In the rural town area of Yasoinaba, it is the final day of the culture festival at Yasogami High School. But when the toll of a bell suddenly rings, those with the ability to use a Persona are summoned to another world. In this realm—the spitting image of Yasogami High School—an ominous clock tower appears. Inside the school, the cast meets Zen and Rei, a boy and girl whose memories have been snatched away. When the bell tolls, the curtain opens on a new battle for the Persona cast.

Two Heroes, Two Stories

Before starting Persona Q, you must choose to play as the hero of Persona 3or Persona 4. Depending on which you choose, you will experience a different story.

Persona 3 Protagonist (voiced by Akira Ishida)

A second year student at Gekkoukan High School who joins the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad in wake of the Shadow attacks. Together with his friends, he works to exterminate the shadows.

His story: A stormy fall night. Regretting the cancellation of the cultural festival, the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, assembled in Tartarus, hear the strange tolling of a bell. At the same time, they become wrapped up in an unusual event with the Velvet Room. The next thing they know, they’re facing the unknown Yasogami High School, bustling with people from the cultural festival. In front of the squad, a Shadow resembling that of Tartarus blocks their way. As they battle against the Shadow, they try to find a way out of the school. But while there, they come across a high school group who call themselves the “Investigation Team…”

Persona 4 Protagonist (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa)

Because of his parents’ work situation, he moves to the rural town of Yasoinaba and attends Yasogami High School as a second year student. Together with the Investigation Team, he investigates a series of murders happening throughout town.

His story: It’s the last day of the Yasogami High School culture festival and the members of the Investigation Team are enjoying themselves. But suddenly, the unfamiliar toll of a bell is heard. Outside the window, an unnatural clock tower can be seen. At the same time, the team confirms the appearance of Shadows within the school. And in front of the team appears a group of students from an unknown high school, but who also use Personas. Together with the members of this group, who call themselves the “Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad,” the team searches for a way out and for an answer to the mystery.

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
    deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So like Dio has to be in the game, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

Wow, ok, NOW I'm interested in this game. Despite the art style, the story looks pretty interesting. Is this the canon continuation of P3 and P4, or is it just an off-shoot?

The canon continuation to P3 and P4 is the Persona 4 Arena series, said as much by Atlus. Persona Q is a story that takes place at the same time as the events of Persona 3 and Persona 4, demonstrated by the calendars for both games at the beginning of the trailer. It has not been said whether this story is canon or not, but if it is that means that the story will end with every P4 and P3 character losing their memories of the events of this game and returning to their respective time frames before the school festivals or else it would not make any sense concerning the events of P3, P4 and P4A.

Ah, ok that makes sense.

I also REALLY hope it doesn't do the whole 'they lose their memory' thing, because that would be really lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.