Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 05, 2014

A dungeon crawler-RPG with chibi-versions of characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is directed by Etrian Odyssey IV director, Daisuke Kanada.

Which path to choose

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Curious if anyone has played the Japanese version at all or has any sense of which set of characters have the cooler path through the game. I've played P3 and P4 and like the characters in both so I'm having trouble deciding...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As I understand it, it's mostly the same they meet up. However, whichever side you pick will have a silent protag while the other one talks, so if you're curious about how Minato actually speak you might want to choose the P4 side.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeStephan

I've played both sides for about an hour to get a feel for the differences and I think I'm liking the P3 side more...but I've played way less p4 than P3 so it may be just because I'm more attached to the P3 gang. I like the music on the P3 side better too so far

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man maybe I'll just have to play through a second time anyways. I actually would enjoy hearing the protagonist from P3 for sure. Love the music in both games ugh such a tough choice.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I chose the p3 side will eventually make my way through p4 after beating the game. Noticed you can still name the silent protagonist whatever you want instead of the default names from persona arena and the animes which is pretty sweet since I can continue the legacy of Hideo Kojima as the main protagonist of p3.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose the p3 side will eventually make my way through p4 after beating the game. Noticed you can still name the silent protagonist whatever you want instead of the default names from persona arena and the animes which is pretty sweet since I can continue the legacy of Hideo Kojima as the main protagonist of p3.

I laughed so hard, I spit up my drink.

and I wasn't even drinking anything

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@i_stay_puft said:

I laughed so hard, I spit up my drink.

and I wasn't even drinking anything

That sounds unhealthy.

I'll probably go with the Persona 4 side first. I like Persona 3's story better but 4 has better characters.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I plan on playing both sides, so I picked P3 first.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably go with the Persona 4 side first. I like Persona 3's story better but 4 has better characters.

I'm choosing P4's story first just because I wanna hear Yuri's Makoto Yuki in full action :p

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

I'm choosing P4's story first just because I wanna hear Yuri's Makoto Yuki in full action :p

Yuri's what? Is this something dirty?

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just sounds better and better. I had no idea you'd be choosing from one group or the other.

I really need to finish P3 toot sweet!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto Yuki is the canon name for the P3 protagonist, and he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal(who also voices Yosuke)

In P3 we only heard him yell names of personas but this is the first time we'll hear a full performance of the character from him.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

Makoto Yuki is the canon name for the P3 protagonist, and he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal(who also voices Yosuke)

In P3 we only heard him yell names of personas but this is the first time we'll hear a full performance of the character from him.

I thought it was Misato?

I have only really kept up with the main games, P3 and 4, and have never really looked into the spinoffs or the anime or the movie, which is why I don't know much of this stuff. Persona Q pretty much interested me mostly because it's Etrian Odyssey with a Persona coat of paint, which is pretty awesome in my book. I haven't bought it yet, though, too busy with CSGO Dragon Age Inquisition.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was Misato?

I have only really kept up with the main games, P3 and 4, and have never really looked into the spinoffs or the anime or the movie, which is why I don't know much of this stuff. Persona Q pretty much interested me mostly because it's Etrian Odyssey with a Persona coat of paint, which is pretty awesome in my book. I haven't bought it yet, though, too busy with CSGO Dragon Age Inquisition.

Misato was his name in the manga I think, but his name in the movies is Makoto so that's what people are accepting now.

The P4 anime is pretty good and the first P3 movie is awesome. I recommend both.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By bboymaestro

I've been grinding away at Golden for the platinum trophy, so I ended up jumping into the P3 side first. I missed having the old SEES squad anyway.

@frostyryan@believer258*ahem* his name was Minato Arisato in the manga. This concludes my obnoxious Persona moment of the week.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bboymaestro: Man I did that over the summer in anticipation for arena and Q but I couldn't get ultimate fucking Risette fan and I wasn't willing to play it a third time. I also followed the instructions online and tried to farm for the reaper for over 10 hours and the fucking chains rattled and then he never came out. So I was really crushed by those two fucking trophies but it was fun to play through again maxing socials and getting those crazy max level persona and stuff. What's your status on those two yourself?

THERE'S NO WAY TO TRACK OR KNOW EXACTLY HOW MANY RISETTE LINES YOU HAVE OR WHICH ONES COUNT. FUCK FUCK FUCK THAT!!!!

Okay sorry I had to vent maybe you're experiencing the same thing.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bboymaestro

@czarpyotr: I'm missing Risette fan and the book trophy. The problem with the Reaper is you'll open the 22nd (23rd?) chest, and if you don't have a regular chest close by, it'll time out. the floors of Magatsu Mandala are great for this because they each have about 6 chests. Good luck homie!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Went with the Persona 3 group because Aigis.

Melanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

P4U made me realize that I'm finally getting tired of the Persona 4 cast.

I chose to roll with S.E.E.S.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I went with the P3 group because Shinjiro is my favorite character and I'm happy I can finally have him in my team again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.