Personamon

#1 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

So, i've been playing for a while and i've reached a crossroads in my Persona playing: Do I level up the Persona I have in an attempt to make them stronger, or do I just fuse them into something far more powerful? While the latter sounds immediately more gratifying, my memory calls back to the deays of Pokemon where the Rare Candy was your hook up, but raising the Pokemon up through battle made them more powerful in the long run. So, what do you recommend?

#2 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

At a certain point in time, all persona will become obsolete. Each can only learn specific abilities, and once you've learned them all, you can only level up from there. Other, higher personas have more potential moves and stats. You won't be able to get by without fusing, actually. A persona you get through shuffle will always be worse than a persona you fuse, even if they are the same persona. There are so many bonuses to fusing, you really can't go wrong. Not to mention, if you're good at fusing, the Margaret social link is available to you.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Right, cheers. Just at the moment, my main point of concern is I have a Nekomata at level 9 and it'll learn Maragi at level 11 and I don't know if I should tech up to that or use the Nekomata in a fusion to make something obviously far more powerful but based on that advice, I should just go ahead and get rid of this low level Persona and go for the upper tiers.

#4 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

From my experience with persona 3 at least, it takes too long and is never really worth the time investment to keep leveling a persona. Fusing gets you higher level persona to use, and also a particular persona is going to have a certain weakness regardless, so you will be needing to switch around regularly.

It's more ideal just to focus on having a balanced range of personas with different strengths and weaknesses so you can tackle most situations.

#5 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Right, cheers. Just at the moment, my main point of concern is I have a Nekomata at level 9 and it'll learn Maragi at level 11 and I don't know if I should tech up to that or use the Nekomata in a fusion to make something obviously far more powerful but based on that advice, I should just go ahead and get rid of this low level Persona and go for the upper tiers."
Well, it depends. Sometimes you'll see abilities that you'll want in your fusions, and it's worth it to level up and get those. Maragi isn't exactly rare, though, so you shouldn't be too worried about it.
#6 Posted by Drebin_893 (2903 posts) -

I thought you said you'd been playing for a while? How can you have persona's at 9 and 11 respectively is you've been playing for a while?

#7 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
"I thought you said you'd been playing for a while? How can you have persona's at 9 and 11 respectively is you've been playing for a while?"
Very easily, if you've been playing for a while but pick up low-level Personas through Shuffle Time, or you just don't use those Personas very often.
#8 Posted by Drebin_893 (2903 posts) -

Ahh, of course, but I thought because he was talking about Maragi as a useful skill I thought those were his fairly high level personas. You're probably right, apologies.

#9 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -
Hailinel said:
"Drebin_893 said:
"I thought you said you'd been playing for a while? How can you have persona's at 9 and 11 respectively is you've been playing for a while?"
Very easily, if you've been playing for a while but pick up low-level Personas through Shuffle Time, or you just don't use those Personas very often."
It could also be that things don't really begin to pick up for at least 5 hours.
#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
BoG said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Right, cheers. Just at the moment, my main point of concern is I have a Nekomata at level 9 and it'll learn Maragi at level 11 and I don't know if I should tech up to that or use the Nekomata in a fusion to make something obviously far more powerful but based on that advice, I should just go ahead and get rid of this low level Persona and go for the upper tiers."
Well, it depends. Sometimes you'll see abilities that you'll want in your fusions, and it's worth it to level up and get those. Maragi isn't exactly rare, though, so you shouldn't be too worried about it.
"
Thanks, bro. I feel like such a rookie asking all this.

Drebin_893
said:
By a while, I mean by American video game standards so like 8 hours. Not to mention I have been playing Pokestyle which is why my Persona are shit.
#11 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Ha ha, it's cool. I was a rookie when I first purchased Persona 3:FES. I made the mistake of keeping Orpheus for half of the game, never registering personas, and rarely fusing. Don't do the same things I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.