Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

The Countdown Has Started (ends Nov. 24 at 6:00 AM EST)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Announcement Recap

Live on Nico Nico (requires account)

Unofficial Twitch stream redirect

Unofficial Twitch stream redirect #2

Initial presentation:

No Caption Provided

Nanako popped up (no joke) and then it turned into this:

No Caption Provided

Highlights so far (Times in EST)

• Nanako being the first character to pop up during the stream about 5 minutes in and bringing with her the countdowns. (6:05 AM)
      • Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters talking to each other and counting down the last minute to the first "Next Event." Characters included: Theodore, Labrys, Elizabeth, Adachi, Yu Narukami, Chie, Yosuke, Akihiko and others. (6:14 AM)
      • First event = some kind of Persona 3 Portable presentation by Elizabeth centered around Yukari. Guessing the next event will be another P3 character. (6:15 AM)
      • Second event = after the same kind of countdown, an Edogawa presentation about Personas, Shadows and a bunch of other stuff taken from P4G (6:40 AM)
      • Third Event = countdown into the old P4A2 trailer (7:10 AM EST)
      • Fourth Event = Narukami talking to Dojima.
      • Event 5... actually, let me just quit updating this section with event stuff and just post the events in its section since I doubt anything other than those will occur.
      • Between event 8 and event 9, Mitsuru popped up saying something with scrolling text for a moment.
      • Between event 11 and 12, Yosuke popped up saying something with scrolling text for a moment.
      • Between event 12 and 13, Akihiko popped up saying something with scrolling text for a moment.
      • From 12:15 PM to 2:15 PM the stream went "off-the-air" and played music from Persona 3, Persona 4 and Persona 4 Arena in that order. The last song that was played after the P4A music was "Period" from Persona 4 until the stream resumed at 2:15 PM with an interval until the next event of 3 hours and 15 minutes.
      • Between event 16 and 17, Nanako popped up saying something with scrolling text for a moment.

Events

Event 9 (10:00 AM, November 21) [TEASE #1]

Midnight Channel event 2 (10:00 AM, November 22) [TEASE #2]

Midnight Channel event 3 (10:00 AM, November 23) [TEASE #3]

Event 1 (6:05 AM)

Event 2 (6:15 AM)

Event 3 (7:10 AM)

Event 4 (7:44 AM)

Event 5 (8:15 AM)

Event 6 (8:35 AM)

Event 7 (9:20 AM)

Event 8 (9:40 AM)

Event 10 (10:25 AM)

Event 11 (10:45 AM)

Event 12 (11:10 AM)

Event 13: Another damn Marie poem (11:40 AM)

Event 14: An original Persona 4 trailer (11:50 AM)

Event 15: A bunch of P3 music playing. Seems that the stream is off-the-air now. Now there's P4 music. Now P4A. (12:15 PM)

Event 16: Missed it due to Nico Nico kicking me out and it didn't seem to be archived by anyone. Apparently was a modified scene in P4G depicting Ai and Narukami getting their fortunes at the school culture festival on November 23, 2013. (5:30 PM)

Event 17: Persona 3 Portable trailer (8:00 PM)

Event 18: Persona 4 trailer (9:00 PM)

Event 19: P3P scene of Chidori getting shot (10:30 PM)

Event 20: Edogawa talking about stuff (i.e. P4G TV Listings scene) (11:00 PM)

Event 21: Original Persona 3 trailer (11:30 PM)

Event 22: Persona 4 Arena trailer (12:00 AM)

Event 23: Persona 4 Golden trailer (12:40 AM)

Event 24: Persona 4 Golden trailer (1:10 AM)

[This is where I stopped watching and thus lose count of the events]

It seems that there will be mini events during the full countdown. This is exciting!

Update

Two things:

"Emergency Broadcat notice! At the 24th 9:30pm [JST], we'll talk about the big Persona announcement live!"

And:

This is most definitely for a game. Ads for the stream (the current one) have a CERO rating, which is currently the CERO Pending Rating icon. This is definitely not a mobile game, then.

No Caption Provided

Atlus is really pushing this stream, even putting the live stream on a bottom tab of niconico's TOP page, like the description stated..

Update 2

After Midnight Channel #3, it is almost certain that the locations on http://p-ch.jp actually referred to specific places in Japan with large screen televisions where the reveal will be broadcast.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

I NEED A TRANSLATOR QUICKLY!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I NEED A TRANSLATOR QUICKLY!

Don't we all...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WHAT THE HELL COUNTDOWN WAS THAT

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Event #4 was probably the best one yet.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Flappy

Three more days until it all makes sense.

Nergrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know what the hell they are saying.... BUT I LOVE IT!

Bit sad though, i thought persona did well enough in western countries to warrant a translation.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

PERSONA!!!!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm getting unreasonably excited guys. I know everyone says they want a brand new Persona game with all new characters, and usually I'm all for that. But I love the P4 crew so much, that I'd actually be more happy with another game focusing on them.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be pretty hilarious if this was a countdown to a new Persona 4 Arena or something, just to see the internet explode.

But yeah, let's hope for a Persona 5 that's fucking awesome. Persona 4 is one of my favourite games ever.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

It would be pretty hilarious if this was a countdown to a new Persona 4 Arena or something, just to see the internet explode.

Why do people keep saying this? There IS a new Persona 4 Arena.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I ... why do this Atlus? just say guys we're making Persona 5 here's a trailer get hyped, all of this illusive bullshit that sometimes leads to stuff that isn't even a game is kinda off putting.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

I mean, only in the loosest sense though right? They added Yukari, Junpei, and someone else and like a new mode. But other than that it's the same, same story, same stages, same like everything else. At least I think that's what it was, I can't remember. That being said, I'd also be okay with a new Persona 4 Arena, that game was dope.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

Isn't it Persona 4.5 Arena though, like a Hyper Turbo Ultra something something update to a Street Fighter game?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I mean, only in the loosest sense though right? They added Yukari, Junpei, and someone else and like a new mode. But other than that it's the same, same story, same stages, same like everything else. At least I think that's what it was, I can't remember. That being said, I'd also be okay with a new Persona 4 Arena, that game was dope.

Again, I don't understand why people think this. Was it because that's what Jeff erroneously said on the Bombcast? Here's the story synopsis:

The game is set only a few days after the events of Persona 4 Arena. The Midnight Channel returns once more featuring a new tournament by the name of "P-1 Climax" and soon afterwards, a mysterious red fog starts to cover Inaba. People start to disappear, the real world starts to appear like the world inside of the TV and space-time itself starts to distort.

Mitsuru Kirijo appears on television crucified. SEES and the Investigation Team decide to form a new group devoted to saving Mitsuru and the others who appeared on TV as well as finding out who is behind all of this. They then find out that Shadow versions of themselves are ready to prevent them from accomplishing their goals.

There are three new characters added to the game so far (and I guarantee you there will be more), and if you count Shadow characters there are 13 new character forms, there are five new stages so far, this is a full on sequel with a new story that happens directly after the first P4A (which happened after P4), there is no "new mode" since this is only an arcade release next week (and I guarantee you there will be far more content in the inevitable console release), there are massive balance changes and a ton of new moves for the existing characters, there are a bunch of new mechanics and changes to older mechanics...

I don't care if someone's not interested in P4A2 because it's a fighting game or whatever, but it's straight up misinformation to claim that it's a "small update."

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

Isn't it Persona 4.5 Arena though, like a Hyper Turbo Ultra something something update to a Street Fighter game?

It'll probably be a Blazblue Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift difference. I imagine there'll be a new story mode, since they're introducing new characters.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darji

So all these P3 and P4 characters show up so I really hope it is Pesona 5 with all of them and of course new characters involved in an University setting since school should be over for these guys XD

Oh and this will be a game announcement. That so far is sure.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AMyggen

@fluxwavez: Okay. Anyways, forget that I mentioned P4A. Let's focus on (hopefully) Persona 5 and the fact that announcements for announcements is a thing that fucking sucks.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@darji said:

So all these P3 and P4 characters show up so I really hope it is Pesona 5 with all of them and of course new characters involved in an University setting since school should be over for these guys XD

Persona 5: Catherine Edition.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darji

@nictel said:

@darji said:

Persona 5: Catherine Edition.

I would not mind that. Stuff like work environment and more mature romantic angles would be really really awesome for the social Links.

The only thing I really do not want is an handheld or IOS game^^

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First event showing something of substance (event 9, which happened at midnight JST):

Loading Video...

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Who's the male Velvet Room assistant? Was he in Persona 1 or 2? I've never seen him before.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Who's the male Velvet Room assistant? Was he in Persona 1 or 2? I've never seen him before.

Persona 3 Portable. His name is Theodore and he's Elizabeth's and Margaret's younger brother.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arebuckle

@fluxwavez:

Ah. I don't know how I never heard of him.

I don't know why I keep watching these event videos. They show next to nothing and when they do I don't understand a word of it. But damn it I'm excited!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darji

People think it is this:

No Caption Provided

So maybe a first location hint? Which fits with the locations on the first teaser page shown.

Also there are 140k people watching and it is past midnight in Japan^^

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: the already reveal presona 4 arena ultra ............. edition so it can't be that i will be P5 coming for ps3 in 2014

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: Yeah, one of the images in event 09's video most probably shows Sendai Station. Because of that, event 09 probably related to the six locations on the teaser website.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I still really need to play Persona 4 Arena. Maybe some of this incoming stuff will make more sense then.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game, please be a Vita game.

I really want this to come out for my Vita, if you couldn't tell.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Aegon

Is that twitch account not streaming it anymore? Getting nothing but a grey screen from there.

Edit: Whatever, I'm just registering for the site.

Alright, got Aegon as a username there too.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

Is that twitch account not streaming it anymore? Getting nothing but a grey screen from there.

Just checked and I don't see anything either. It'd be best to just create a Nico Nico account if you want to watch the live stream.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why these mini events make me more pessimistic for some reason.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darji

@marokai said:

why? I am really getting hyped even these are just trailers and scenes from the games. I really love Persona^^

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, there are no usernames in the chat, huh.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SamStrife

@marokai said:

Maybe because it's further hinting that it's going to be heavy on Persona 3 and 4 characters?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Akihiko saying something about hurrying up?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As promising all this is the R-18 channel is also pretty interesting with all the voting XD

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now a bunch of P3 music is playing. I don't mind.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

Now a bunch of P3 music is playing. I don't mind.

Listening to the dorm music right now actually. Though I do have the game paused haha.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By theveej

watching hours of Japanese MMA on Nico Nico is finally paying off!!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

im excited!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The fact that they're also showing P3 stuff makes me hopeful that it won't be a direct sequel to P4.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bigjeffrey

what is going on?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Aegon

Man, I barely even remember that Edogawa guy. Did he play any significant role in P3?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aegon said:

Man, I barely even remember that Edogawa guy. Did he play any significant role in P3?

In terms of the plot, not significant, but you would get an insane lecture from him every so often that you'd have to pay attention to to ace the questions. He was also the nurse, and you could visit him when you were tired/sick to get a courage boost.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of the plot, not significant, but you would get an insane lecture from him every so often that you'd have to pay attention to to ace the questions. He was also the nurse, and you could visit him when you were tired/sick to get a courage boost.

He also seemed to know far more than he let on when he talked about Personas, Shadows (in relation to Jungian psychology) and the Arcana.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess its break time now. Makes sense since it is like 3 or 4 in Japan? But man can not believe almost 200k people are watching this channel.^^

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no P5? Yuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.