Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

Weekly Persona Update (February 21)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

February 17

Sega to Split Atlus from Index on April 1

No Caption Provided

Tangentially related to Persona, the news on Monday, of which @hailinel created a thread here, consisted of Sega announcing, via a press release, that the entity known as "Atlus" will be officially split from the whole that was "Index", essentially separating them into their own divisions.

This basically means that "Index" is no longer going to be the official name associated with Atlus' video game products, which is kind of a sign of Atlus' newly found independence. Persona director Hashino is pretty psyched about it, at least.

February 19

Amanda Winn-Lee Teases Persona Voice Work

No Caption Provided

So on Wednesday, English voice actress for Yukiko Amagi, Amanda Winn-Lee, posted on her Facebook fan page:

Since I'm off to record some more Persona, I may not get to post much today. Here's another shining example of Japanese culture to keep you busy til I get back.

Pretty vague, but also pretty much a confirmation that Atlus USA is currently in the process of localizing Persona Q, Persona 4 Arena 2 and/or Persona 4: Dancing All Night since Yukiko's featured in all of those games.

Persona 4 Arena 2 Mook to be Released on March 14

A Mook's basically a fighting game player guide with information about character moves, abilities and such, and one was confirmed for release for "Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold" on March 14 via an Amazon listing.

February 20

New Persona Q Gameplay Details via Famitsu

No Caption Provided

This week's Famitsu issue included several new gameplay details about Persona Q, including the fact that now, not only will the main characters be able to wield multiple personas at once, but all of the other characters as well via the "sub-Persona" system which changes a character's skillset.

The article also talks about the "Boost", "Pursuit" and "All-Out Attack" systems. The full translation can be seen on Gematsu.

February 21

Persona Stalker Club Variety Show to air on February 28

No Caption Provided

A talk variety show by the name of "Persona Stalker Club" was announced via the Persona Channel today. Given the popularity of the Persona reveal event in November, they organized a show with people that will discuss various things revolving around Persona. Next week's episode, at least, will discuss things about "the Persona world, comment on listeners' contributions and investigate on the series' charm."

The show will feature voice actress Tomomi Issomura and freelance writer Mafia Kajita. Next week's episode might also reveal some new things about upcoming Persona games based on the Persona Channel update's wording... maybe.

Tomomi Issomura (left) and Mafia Kajita (right)

Two New Persona Q Trailers Released

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Finally, this week's pair of Persona Q trailers are not simply the character trailers they've been posting on a weekly basis, but substantial, new trailers for the Persona 3 side and Persona 4 side.

Persona 3 trailer

Persona 4 trailer

Persona 5 Tops Famitsu's Most Wanted List

Here's some non-news, but Persona 5 has topped Famitsu's Readers Most Wanted list with 562 votes, beating the likes of Mario Kart 8 and Final Fantasy XV. Persona Q's also there, at 7th place.

Basically

There's Persona news practically every week, but a fair amount of Persona related news happened this week, so I decided to compile them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
    deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Amanda Winn-Lee Teases Persona Voice Work

No Caption Provided

So on Wednesday, English voice actress for Yukiko Amagi, Amanda Winn-Lee, posted on her Facebook fan page:

Since I'm off to record some more Persona, I may not get to post much today. Here's another shining example of Japanese culture to keep you busy til I get back.

Pretty vague, but also pretty much a confirmation that Atlus USA is currently in the process of localizing Persona Q, Persona 4 Arena 2 and/or Persona 4: Dancing All Night since Yukiko's featured in all of those games.

No Caption Provided

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

Great round up of news, hopefully that Persona 3DS hits NA. (Of course it wont)

Hopefully we see P4A2 and PQ hit na in 2014.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

That Teddie and Aigis gif is fantastic.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, is weirdly very detailed. Good job duder.

Hopefully Atlus can do some real good now.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why can't I stop watching that Teddie and Aigis gif?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I DISAPPROVE OF THIS SHIPPING.

No Caption Provided

.....I am fine with this shipping.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Here's a little update:

I asked Troy Baker on his AMA whether he's in an upcoming Persona game (along with other silly questions). His response was a "not that I know of".

It seems strange that Yukiko's VA would be coming back but not Troy, what with Persona Q and Arena 2. Maybe he hasn't got the call? Maybe Atlus doesn't have enough dough to pay him (I doubt that's the case)? Maybe Amanda is working on something Persona related other than those two games ( :D........I doubt it -_-)?

No Caption Provided

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small update related to the Amanda Winn-Lee Facebook post: she's made another one.

Another Persona recording session today. I am BEAT.

Yukiko seems pretty insistent that she's working on something Persona related.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.