Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

What is up with the Persona team?

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By evanbower

So, as a human being who appreciates things, I've pretty recently fallen for the work of the Persona team. But in doing so, I've found it not so easy to see what projects they have actually worked on. Clearly I can assume the proper numbered Persona games, and every article of Catherine includes the words "Persona Team," but neither on this site nor on the Atlus site could I find a good old fashioned list outlining their history. Am I missing it somewhere? Help me people.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By evanbower

Well now I'm certain of it. There isn't, and never has been, a Persona team.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's just Atlus. The "Persona team" is a pretty vague term, really, and the way I see it it just describes most people who are the core of the recent Persona games. They're not an actual established team, I don't think.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

I don't know if they have a "team" that is really set. Katsura Hashino is the only one that really comes to mind other than the guy who does all their music.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By alternate

It is just the internal studio that is best known for making persona 3 and 4. I imagine the actual personnel is pretty fluid. Remember it isn't that long ago when Japanese devs didn't let the team have their real names in the credits. Not as personality led as western devs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@alternate said:

It is just the internal studio that is best known for making persona 3 and 4. I imagine the actual personnel is pretty fluid. Remember it isn't that long ago when Japanese devs didn't let the team have their real names in the credits. Not as personality led as western devs.

Uh, what?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

@Hailinel said:

@alternate said:

Uh, what?

Shhh. Don't tell him.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By alternate

@Hailinel said:

@alternate said:

Uh, what?

Yup, for example read this article on Ninja Giaden and Chrono Trigger dude Masato Kato.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9008133

Back in the day, most Japanese publishers forced their employees to use pseudonyms in the game credits, presumably to prevent the poaching of talented staff by rival companies. This made for very interesting game credits
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@alternate said:

@Hailinel said:

@alternate said:

Uh, what?

Yup, for example read this article on Ninja Giaden and Chrono Trigger dude Masato Kato.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9008133

Back in the day, most Japanese publishers forced their employees to use pseudonyms in the game credits, presumably to prevent the poaching of talented staff by rival companies. This made for very interesting game credits

Dude, it's been a long-ass time since the age of Yuki-chan's Papa. I'm not sure what calendar system you're using if you think it wasn't that long ago.

Hell, if you want to go even further back, Atari refused to give developers credit at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.