Peter Moore Promoted, Now Way More Important at EA

• 68 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3469 posts) -
Peter Moore, man of the people, man of easily removable tattoos on one's arm.

Peter Moore is the new chief operating officer at Electronic Arts, according to a SEC filing by the company today. That position puts him one notch below EA CEO John Riccitiello. Important, basically.

Previously, he'd just been overseeing the EA Sports division.

Who doesn't love Peter Moore? The guy is the greatest video game press conference host that ever was.

And he also did, you know, this (to the right).

Moore's promotion comes alongside a new label organization for EA: EA Games, BioWare, EA Play and EA Sports. Frank Gibeau, previously the head of EA Games, is now is the leader of EA Labels.

"As I look across EA and back on its history, I come to an important realization," said Riccitiello in the filing. "The people who succeed here are the ones who map their creative vision over a deep understanding of what our consumers want. Our Label structure reflects that strategy. It creates a close partnership between developers and product marketers that connects the creative process to our consumers."

I approve of this promotion.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3469 posts) -
Peter Moore, man of the people, man of easily removable tattoos on one's arm.

Peter Moore is the new chief operating officer at Electronic Arts, according to a SEC filing by the company today. That position puts him one notch below EA CEO John Riccitiello. Important, basically.

Previously, he'd just been overseeing the EA Sports division.

Who doesn't love Peter Moore? The guy is the greatest video game press conference host that ever was.

And he also did, you know, this (to the right).

Moore's promotion comes alongside a new label organization for EA: EA Games, BioWare, EA Play and EA Sports. Frank Gibeau, previously the head of EA Games, is now is the leader of EA Labels.

"As I look across EA and back on its history, I come to an important realization," said Riccitiello in the filing. "The people who succeed here are the ones who map their creative vision over a deep understanding of what our consumers want. Our Label structure reflects that strategy. It creates a close partnership between developers and product marketers that connects the creative process to our consumers."

I approve of this promotion.

Staff
#2 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -

Sweet

#3 Posted by G24S (281 posts) -

Good job.

#4 Edited by Sinful (211 posts) -

'Who doesn't love Peter Moore? The guy is the greatest video game press conference host that ever was."

Stop lying.

#5 Posted by TheYear20XX (425 posts) -

I kind of wish Peter kept getting game release date tattoos until he had a bitchin' sleeve.

#6 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

fuck you patrick klepek! that pun made me laugh. you have turned my black soul a bit greyer this day.

#7 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

Finally.

#8 Posted by nazer858 (131 posts) -

Interesting move, I wonder what will come out of it though.

#9 Posted by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

Peter Moore did nothing remarkable for EA Sports except keep pushing out the same old stuff, no innovation. So yes, he deserves that promotion.

#10 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

No one Moore should have all that power.

#11 Posted by Wraithor (13 posts) -

Oh removable tattoos,

#12 Posted by Chippy180 (159 posts) -

More money, Moore problems.

#13 Posted by the_Hollow (70 posts) -

E3 2012 Peter Moore on stage with a new tattoo.They should make a pool for voting.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Congratulations to you, Mr. Moore, and my condolences for the increased internet hate you will now get.

#15 Posted by endaround (2138 posts) -

So is Moore then the guy most likely to takeover if Riccitello is shown the door?

#16 Posted by Sinful (211 posts) -
@Hollow_Stark said:
E3 2012 Peter Moore on stage with a new tattoo.They should make a pool for voting.
I guess it would be something related to what the next company he will be CEO for. So maybe a Diablo 4?
#17 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

Woohoo!!!

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Oh EA, boring as fuck.

#19 Posted by Sil3n7 (1176 posts) -

Have my annualized baby Peter Moore!

#20 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -
@MisuseOfLasers:  
Imagine if he had down that with EA Sports. Just a list of consecutive dates going down his arm ad infinitum.
#21 Posted by csl316 (8106 posts) -

Everyone should approve of this promotion.

#22 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

"The people who succeed here are the ones who map their creative vision over a deep understanding of what our consumers want."

I think they promoted the wrong guy, then...

#23 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5376 posts) -

I love Peter Moore. I'm glad he got promoted.

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Oh EA, boring as fuck.
I.. must agree o_O
#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

I'll just leave this here and let nature take its course:

#26 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -
@Video_Game_King thank you for that.
#27 Posted by Zaapp1 (657 posts) -

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite promotion on the Citadel.

#28 Posted by ThePilgrums (423 posts) -

I miss him being the XBox E3 press conference guy. He has so much charisma. Everyone since has had the stage presence of a wet noodle. Jeff "I KNOW I HEARD A SHOUT-OUT FOR GOLDEN AXE!" Bell, especially. The latest guy is also dorky as fuck.

#29 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I enjoyed quite a few EA Sports games since Moore took over. My favorite, Tiger Woods franchise, only got better and better under his leadership. Good for him.

#30 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

I love how Bioware is consistently depicted as more special (read: superior) than the other studios under the EA Games moniker.

#31 Posted by Dalai (6996 posts) -

His new tattoo is way better.

#32 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Dalai: OH MY GOODNESS 
#33 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

I love how Bioware is consistently depicted as more special (read: superior) than the other studios under the EA Games moniker.

They're probably trying to keep the original Bioware team from
walking.

Moore looks absolutely...flaming.
#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

I think they may be positioning him so that if TOR and BF3 flop Rick will be out and he will be taking his place.

#35 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

From interviews he actually seems to know what he is talking about and in press conferences the guy could sell snow to the Eskimos. I have no idea what he did at EA Sports that caused the promotion but he's probably going to do a good job with the new role.

#36 Posted by dskillzhtown (31 posts) -

So when Riccitielo gets fired for the Star Wars MMO, we know who will take his place.

#37 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1086 posts) -

It is a great promotion, and a smart reallocation of their studios.

#38 Posted by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -
@Sinful said:
'Who doesn't love Peter Moore? The guy is the greatest video game press conference host that ever was." Stop lying.
can you name someone from the games industry that does a better job on stage than him?
#39 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

I think we know who's taking over EA once Riccitiello gets fired after Star Wars The Old Republic fails to meet investor expectations.

#40 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

Peter Moore is still my favourite game executive of all time, more power to him.

#41 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Peter Moore's success rate at the various companies he has worked for is actually quite low. He doesn't have a great track record.

Will he be at the helm when EA goes down the shitter, like he was at SEGA??

Wouldn't bet against it.

#42 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

@FourWude said:

Peter Moore's success rate at the various companies he has worked for is actually quite low. He doesn't have a great track record.

Wouldn't bet against it.

fuck the what?

He wasn't the man that cause SEGA to go to hell.

#43 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -
@niamahai said:

@FourWude said:

Wouldn't bet against it.

fuck the what?

He wasn't the man that cause SEGA to go to hell.

No he wasn't singlehandedly responsible. He was just part of the problem.
#44 Posted by Sinful (211 posts) -
@WiqidBritt:   
#45 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Screw this guy, EA Sports is still trash with NCAA 12 being a horrible mess and Madden looking like more of the same.

#46 Posted by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -
@Sinful: Kevin Butler doesn't count, He's not actually in charge of anything.
#47 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -
@KillyDarko said:
"The people who succeed here are the ones who map their creative vision over a deep understanding of what our consumers want."  I think they promoted the wrong guy, then...
you could be right.  I mean if you assume he thinks a creative vision is even important and not a hindrance to making cash money.

Or ricki might have been saying that our customers want Crap so we beat or natural creative instincts into submission and churn it out for them.  Kind of a swipe at consumers of EA games.

management and marketing is mostly a giant circlejerk tho to a point where they have developed their own gibberish lingo.  like you find in some isolated corners of academia.  hard to tell what they are saying, or if they are even saying anything at all.  I think usually it's just some compulsion to talk, but having nothing to say they just babble using whatever PowerPoint BS is rattling around upstairs.
#48 Posted by StingingVelvet (569 posts) -

@dskillzhtown said:

So when Riccitielo gets fired for the Star Wars MMO, we know who will take his place.

Excellent point.

#49 Edited by Cubical (637 posts) -

Peter moore is one of my gods  I will now love EA  forever  until he quits like he did with sega and microsoft and moves somewhere else. 

For me peter moore is like a religion.

#50 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I think Peter Moore is the one living Kopite who isn't a horrible bastard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.