Character Creator released

#1 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Obviously it's all in Japanese as there's no announced localization yet, but randomly clicking stuff works out fine. It's very deep and includes everything from the final version, all races and classes.

http://pso2.jp/benchmark/download/

Download link is the big blue button at the bottom of the page, then click a mirror to download.

Just a word of warning, I spent 30minutes making the perfect character then hit the next button down which turned out was the "random all" button, it did not end well. Luckily there's an undo button.

If anyone bothers to download it, post your creations.

#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

This was the best I could do attempting to create a serious looking female hunter.

Girls really get the short end of the stick in this game. Most of their options seem tailored to making them look as demeaning as possible, the breast slider is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a game for a long time and their clothing options range from loli dresses to metal bikini's and stand in a pose with their legs practically crossed, that looks like they're trying not to wet themselves.

I know this is typical for Asian MMO's, but it's not much of an excuse. For something that prides itself in being very robust, you'd think they could at least include some less silly options.

#3 Edited by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

It's certainly no EVE as far as the creator goes but it's still pretty deep, there's a few dropdown menus I can't make sense of and I'm not really going to spend longer than 10minutes on a character, however they still turn out pretty decent.

It's F2P so can't expect them to give too many costumes out of the gate, I'm sure there will be plenty more for cash.

Still, it's a vast improvement over the original PSO and I really hope we get a localization announcement soon. The random button really is stuff of nightmares though.

#4 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Here's a guide for people who may be overwhelmed by the Japanese. Most of the creator has icons that let you know what you're changing. It's fairly straightforward. I'll upload a screenshot later when I recreate my character; I accidentally cancelled out of creation instead of saving.

e: This was my benchmark with max settings. I got between 50-60 fps constantly, with one or two dips to 40, and a few spikes into 100-120.

#5 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Alright, I'm back with my two characters. Check out the album for a few more shots.

Sword dude:

Wizard lady:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.