I made the Giant Bomb logo in Symbol Chat. How do I export it?

#1 Edited by AncientMecha (99 posts) -

I spent some time and made this for you guys. Now I just need to actually get it to you! How do?

It's not perfect, but it's the closest I could get with the fidelity of the editor.

Also, shout out to the Ship 2, Lobby 20, all night dance party!

#2 Posted by Sidonic (33 posts) -

Cool dude

#3 Posted by Village_Guy (2405 posts) -

That's awesome. Can't help you with your question though, but cool logo *thumbs up*!

#4 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Awesome! Saw you posting this in the lobby :)

#5 Edited by AncientMecha (99 posts) -

Okay, apparently you can capture symbol chat images from your recent history. If I can remember how it's done, I'll post a quick picture walk through when I get home.

I'd still still like to know if I can export it from the game. Each symbol chat image seems to have a unique ID, maybe we can use that? It's way too short to be a text representation of the whole picture, but maybe there's still a place to plug that ID in.

#6 Posted by DaHuntha (26 posts) -

In your documents folder there's a folder called /Sega/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2, in there you can find the folder /symbolarts. The ones in /user are which you created. Sharing the one you made with us allows us to put it in our own game by dumping it there.

#7 Edited by sate2801 (343 posts) -

click this in the symbol chat menu, then click on the symbol chat you want to import and choose the LOWER option

and no, I didn't make any of the symbol chat here, some super dedicated Japanese did
#8 Posted by AncientMecha (99 posts) -
@DaHuntha awesome, just got home, once I get settled I'll upload it! Feel free to spam it around to spread it in-game as well.

Before I upload it, I might make a few tweaks to the lettering.
#9 Posted by StrikeALight (1111 posts) -

I saw it too. Great to see duders dudering up the joint.

#10 Posted by Xymox (2024 posts) -

Totally saw you use that ingame

#11 Posted by sebastien102 (20 posts) -

LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.