Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Questions?

• 82 results
    DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathTrap

Figured it would be nice to have a single thread where people can ask questions when they can't figure out what to due via bumped.org. I'll start off with one:

I'm a Ranger, but I'm currently using the lockon system for shooting. How do I switch to free aim?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

@DeathTrap said:

How do I switch to free aim?

X key

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NeoCalypso

@Atramentous: Actually I think it's Z.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @NeoCalypso

@Atramentous: Actually I think it's Z.

Yeah, it's Z
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By aurahack
    @DeathTrap: Z, though switch back to lock-on targeting when using the Gunsword. Lock-on to enemies with Q and attack them that way with it, because using the reticle for sword attacks is the worst thing ever.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By 71Ranchero

I was close!

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Felgrim

Question! I keep reading about filling up a "Power Bar" as a hunter. When I start the third mission there is a tutorial that shows it, but I am level 11 now and I still haven't seen the bar show up on top of my mouse control! What gives?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Question!

Can I rebind the controls? My mousewheel is mostly busted and switching loadouts is a tedious process.

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Felgrim

It seems you can switch loadouts with "F" "G" amd "H" too

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By xbob42

@Felgrim said:

Question! I keep reading about filling up a "Power Bar" as a hunter. When I start the third mission there is a tutorial that shows it, but I am level 11 now and I still haven't seen the bar show up on top of my mouse control! What gives?

I believe that refers to (But I'm not entirely sure as I don't remember that tutorial.) the bar you get when you get the skill on the skill tree that has a sword and a little gear on it. Because that's what the icon looks like, everyone just calls it "Swordgear."

Once you obtain that skill, you get the bar, which for swords allows you do use charge attacks much faster and I believe lowers the PP cost of some skills.

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Felgrim

@xbob42: Ah nice! Thanks!

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

@aurahack said:

@DeathTrap: Z, though switch back to lock-on targeting when using the Gunsword. Lock-on to enemies with Q and attack them that way with it, because using the reticle for sword attacks is the worst thing ever.

yep. I always switch to lock-on when fighting those damn birds.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aurahack
    @TheHT said:

@aurahack said:

yep. I always switch to lock-on when fighting those damn birds.

Yeah, I started doing that for the Agnis too. Alternate solution is to fire a rocket (as a Ranger) under them as they fly by. It'll either get them onto the ground or low enough that you can easily shoot them.
    thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thefaulconer

Any way to disable the double tapping of a direction making you dodge/roll/teleport? I play force and I can't begin to count the number of times I've screwed up casting because of it.

I guess I could use a controller but I like the reticule targeting with a mouse. I deal with it but it'd be great if I could fix it.

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Felgrim

Anyone know how to do the chat bubble with your character animated in it?

Avatar image for kyokushin_nanaya
    kyokushin_nanaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kyokushin_nanaya

@Felgrim: You mean the ones where it has a window of your character that actually moves when you move the character? In the chat section, there's a bar with numerous icons. They modify your chat so you can add animations, thought bubbles and flavour icons. The one you want is the one with the person in the square. A list of 5 selections should appear. Each change the 'feel' of the window, whether your character is happy, cool or looks injured. The second one after you've selected the background changes the angle.

One question of mine: How do you access the second quickbar (sub-palette)? I know you can unlock a total of six after doing Koffee's quest, but I've asked my friends and they have absolutely no idea.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

@Felgrim said:

Anyone know how to do the chat bubble with your character animated in it?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196339

Scroll down to the Chat Bubble Windows part.

Basically, you type "/ci# # " before your message in chat, where the # signs correspond to whatever background/facial animation you want.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By hyperfludd

Here's one - http://i.imgur.com/neQjw.jpg

What's that blue ticket on the bottom right for?

Also, on my item list there's an EXP thing..is that a timed boost like the mesta ticket is?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By aurahack
    @Hyperfludd: Yes, the EXP token is a +10% EXP boost for the next 30 minutes. I don't know if they stack or anything, though. I haven't used one yet. As for the item... I honestly have no idea. It shares the same icon as the vouchers that give you new lobby actions, but the text is not the same.
    hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By hyperfludd

@aurahack: I figured it out, it's a hair style ticket. Or just plain money for me, since that's what I'm gonna do with it.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By aurahack

@Hyperfludd: But hair!

Also, the ability to sell items on the auction house is for premium accounts only. It takes a Premium Set to setup a My Shop, so unless you have that then no luck. :(

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ravenlight

@aurahack said:

Also, the ability to sell items on the auction house is for premium accounts only. It takes a Premium Set to setup a My Shop, so unless you have that then no luck. :(

From whatever hearsay I've encountered, it seems like you can never outright own your own shop or room, you just rent them for as long as you've paid for Premium. Is that true?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By aurahack

@Ravenlight: Yup. Though I don't know how it works when your Premium Set runs out and you do not renew. It's.... kind of weird. I don't know. Not exactly the greatest, but fortunately not that big a deal to me.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

Is it subscription based?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

So is the matter board worth completing or am I just wasting time where I should be doing client orders and missions instead?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By aurahack
    @BraveToaster It is free to play.
    @Morbid_Coffee The matter board is a way to progress through the game's story. It gets you EXP, items, and chapters to play through.
    Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

So I guess you can get more matter boards without completing the entire thing? I know you get the story missions by doing the orange orbs, but I thought you had to 100% the first board before you got the second. I just got the cutscene at 68% completion.

kyokushin_nanaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kyokushin_nanaya

Found out how to switch sub-palettes. Use your mousewheel and then hit 'g'. It should bring up the quickbars that you have set up previously. Thought I should answer my own question since it is an answer of sorts.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

So I bought one of those broom wands from the AH and grinded it up to +2. After failing when trying to make it +3, I went to equip it since it's still a bit better than what I have and I get this message:

No Caption Provided

Anybody have any idea what it means? Is it bad?

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ApeGantz

Can't you copy the text in some windows? Btw, you may wanna post this on the PSO-World forums. They know everything man

Anomareh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Anomareh

@Morbid_Coffee: Likely a bind on equip notice. Once you equip it you won't be able to trade it or toss it up on the AH. Also yeah, on those dialogs, you can click the text, ctrl + a, and paste into google translate.

Groovetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Groovetron

@hyperfludd that ticket lets you choose an "all back" hair-do. I think its like slicked back but im not really sure

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By aurahack

@Morbid_Coffee: Pretty much what the others said. It might be a BOE, but it might also be something more dangerous due to your failed attempt at grinding. There is a risk of breaking items that way. If you are hesitant, select the text and Ctrl+C it into Google Translate. It's helped a lot for me, personally.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeathTrap

Is there any way to password protect my missions? I was a bit annoyed when, shortly after starting a mission, two random people dropped into the mission and proceeded to run ahead and kill things. The mission was completed before I had a chance to see much more than half the map. I'd really rather not have that happen again. I understand it's a multiplayer game and I'm happy to play with others...but I'd rather they not be random internet people (particularly random internet people who don't speak and just rush off to finish the objective).

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@DeathTrap: Here, the image below should help:

No Caption Provided
    Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Took a chance and you guys were right, it's a BOE. Same message pops up for all the AC items.

Last two questions from me for the day. First, has anybody translated what the "equipment requirement" is for weapons/armor? I know it shows the number of whatever stat(?) you need on the left, and what you currently have on the right, but what is it? I assumed it was strike, range, and tech, but none of the numbers in the description box meet the actual numbers in my status screen.

Second, and this would probably require testing: If I register my character as an NPC for friends, will it only use the skills I have set for whatever the current equipment set I'm wearing has when I register it, or is it able to pull from multiple equipment sets? I have my Force set up right now where all three sets have the same weapon, but with three different sets of technics which makes it easy to instantly swap around and take advantage of any enemy weakness. Wondering if my NPC self will be able to pull from any of those three sets or will it only stick with the three/four I have on when I update it.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By aurahack

@Morbid_Coffee: The requirement, as far as I know, is determined by your class ability. It is the last three stats in your character sheet. It goes Hunter Ability, Range Ability, Force Ability. If you're a Force character, you should be comparing the number on the left to the last of the three bottom numbers. The number you have in your character sheet is base + bonus (from armor), but the required number in the weapon/armor equip is for base ONLY. If you have a number that is higher because of armor but lower without it, you will not be able to equip that item.

As for the NPC stuff, I do not know. I would imagine it sticks with whatever your default set is, as it can't really judge when to switch between sets.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NeoCalypso

@Morbid_Coffee: The reason the numbers don't match up is because the number listed on the item is your base stat and the number listed on your status screen is the stat after bonuses from equipment/mag. Which as far as I know only actually get higher when you level up. Also I'm fairly sure whatever you have equipped at the the time you register your character is what the npc will use. I know whenever I use Jeff's little robot dude he is always using the gunslash despite being a ranger primarily.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By MrOldboy

Hopefully nobody asked these yet.

1. Is there any issue with using every disk you find? I just use any disk I find that I can use.

2. I am a ranger and I'm feeding my mag all guns. After reading a bit I honestly still have no idea how to proceed. What are most rangers feeding their mags. I just recently got mine.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeathTrap

@MrOldboy said:

Hopefully nobody asked these yet.

1. Is there any issue with using every disk you find? I just use any disk I find that I can use.

2. I am a ranger and I'm feeding my mag all guns. After reading a bit I honestly still have no idea how to proceed. What are most rangers feeding their mags. I just recently got mine.

I'm a bit curious about #2 as well. As for disks, I'm not finding much of any Ranger disks (at least, I think I am...all I have are faded disks that I can't seem to use). When do I get the shotgun, the belly flop/sniper shot, or the rapid fire attack that was shown in the quick look and/or TNT?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@MrOldboy:

1) Nope, but depending on your class, you probably won't be able to learn some of the other class skills past level 3 because of your stats.

2) The high shooting support mag apparently increases the amount of damage you do with guns as a ranger, so if you want that, then keep feeding it guns. The striking support/defense mag increases sword damage, tech support/defense mag increases the amount of damage you do with force spells, and the ability/skill mag increases your critical and min/max damage for all classes.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By MrOldboy

@DeathTrap: I'm lvl 10 now and got those skills at lvl 9-10. I guess just random disk drops. I just use em all and eventually got all those skills and a few Jeff never showed, but they dont seem very useful.

kyokushin_nanaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kyokushin_nanaya

@DeathTrap: If you find your impatience getting the better of you, you can go to the Visiphone and buy the Photon arts there. You can filter them by weapon, so you can see the assault rifle ones, the launcher ones and so on. From Level 1-4, the disks are pretty cheap. I would say about 2000 meseta. It's best however to get the highest level Photon art that you can learn. You can do this by judging your stats.

However, from Level 5 and upwards, the increase of price gets quick, so you may want to get those regularly from drops.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Worth mentioning for Force players: Getting S rank in 5 missions with Malo (the force client order NPC) in your party will make her give you the Grants spell when you talk to her next time, and 20 S ranks will get you Gi Grants. As far as I can tell, this is the only way in the game to get these two spells.

crunchbitejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By crunchbitejr

Can anyone help. The desk where you level up. So the girl far right is guild stuff I think. Middle is levelling up. What the heck is the person far left about? It's menus with seemingly the chat channel above it?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@CrunchbiteJr: She gives you player titles. It's safe to completely ignore her.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Morbid_Coffee: I believe you get items for getting those titles.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Anybody have any tips for beating Vol Dragon to unlock the desert? Fastest I've beaten him is in 14 minutes, but going over the 20 minute time limit and with an A rank. I've been banging my head against him for like an hour with zero progress. NPC partners help in getting the S rank, but once I get to the Vol Dragon, they all stand directly on top of him like idiots and die immediately.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ravenlight

@Morbid_Coffee said:

Anybody have any tips for beating Vol Dragon to unlock the desert? Fastest I've beaten him is in 14 minutes, but going over the 20 minute time limit and with an A rank. I've been banging my head against him for like an hour with zero progress. NPC partners help in getting the S rank, but once I get to the Vol Dragon, they all stand directly on top of him like idiots and die immediately.

Group up with a party to tackle that one. With at least one other actual person, it's pretty easy to take the dragon down. The hardest part for me was just hitting the bastard. He jumps all over the place and I had to run my sword-wielding ass after him the whole time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.