Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

What do i need to know to get into Phantasy Star Online 2?

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so i have always been curious about this game and was kind of waiting for it to officially come out here and get some friends into it with me but seeing how things have been going it seems that's not going to happen for a long while.

After hearing about it on the podcast a bunch and knowing it needs fan made translation patch's and signing up with fake Japanese addresses id figure id give it a go getting it running or seeing if its decently comprehensible to play without having to faq check every little dialog for quests on some fan made wiki site although i expect some of it of course.

I haven't been following this game closely so wouldn't know where all the correct links or guides are for signing up and getting the patch's, so if i can compile all the links or sources id need it would help since i would be passing this information along to others as well.

So if someone can help me out and also tell me other stuff i would totally need to know getting into this game like what servers i should go to or just general hints everyone should know id much appreciate it.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So I haven't played in a long time and I never used any of the fanmade translation patches, so I don't know if this still the way to go, but the best source for that info back then waaas

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

I don't know how relevant the page still is, a quick skim makes it look like it has info about english patching though.

As for the servers, I think the english players were on... ship 10? That might have filled up and spilled over on to 11. That info should hopefully be in the guide though.

Good luck, it's quite a cool game!

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_shini: Just saw your post and I am in the same position. Did you ever get this to work and if so, have any tips?

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bedouin: Been awhile but i did finally get around to getting Pso2 up and running just using the link damodar posted and it was very easy to get going and playing so thumbs up for it and i do quite enjoy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.