Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Where is the swatch internet time sega?

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Cubical

seriously sega no fucking pso1 nights force hats and no swatch internet timeron the menu what the fuck are you trying to pull?

I looked for hours for some swatch internet time action and got none.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By mscupcakes

I don't care how many hours you looked for, how many beats?!?!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

Except Swatch Internet Time is just Central European Time calculated different except everyone is on that timezone.  So how about we skip the stupid beats and just set everyone up on Central European Time? 

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@Turambar said:

Except Swatch Internet Time is just Central European Time calculated different except everyone is on that timezone. So how about we skip the stupid beats and just set everyone up on Central European Time?

How about everyone just adopt Eastern Daylight savings time, so I never have to reset my watch again.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xbob42

Yeah, I think Greenwich Mean Time was established just for this. WHY DO THEY TRY TO MONETIZE MY TIME.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar
    @Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

Except Swatch Internet Time is just Central European Time calculated different except everyone is on that timezone. So how about we skip the stupid beats and just set everyone up on Central European Time?

How about everyone just adopt Eastern Daylight savings time, so I never have to reset my watch again.

Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time actually.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

@Turambar said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Turambar said:

As someone who lived in Phoenix, I can confirm this to be true. It was delightful.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Turambar said:
    Except Swatch Internet Time is just Central European Time calculated different except everyone is on that timezone.  So how about we skip the stupid beats and just set everyone up on Central European Time? 
    Anybody who knows what they're doing when synchronizing events for people across multiple timezones already uses UTC. Everybody who uses the internet should already have their timezone's relation to UTC memorized. And if they don't, they're doing it wrong.
    otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By otzlowe

@MrKlorox: Except that I almost never see anyone bother using UTC. It's usually GMT and PST.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Otzlowe said:

@MrKlorox: Except that I almost never see anyone bother using UTC. It's usually GMT and PST.

That's the fault of the organizers. People cling to what they know even if it's not the most efficient. GMT is too ambiguous and allows for errors when daylight savings is in effect. UTC is more precise and stable.
    xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xbob42

@MrKlorox said:

@Otzlowe said:

That's the fault of the organizers. People cling to what they know even if it's not the most efficient. GMT is too ambiguous and allows for errors when daylight savings is in effect. UTC is more precise and stable.

If you can't figure out your time difference in relation to GMT because of daylight savings, then you deserve to forever miss any and all events.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I personally enjoying using Microsoft Time. 15 seconds = 1200 Microsoft Time Points.

otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By otzlowe

@MrKlorox said:

@Otzlowe said:

Considering that UTC doesn't seem to be all that wide-spread yet, I'm thinking that it's also a conscious choice due to lack of public familiarity.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox
    @xbob42 said:
    If you can't figure out your time difference in relation to GMT because of daylight savings, then you deserve to forever miss any and all events.
    Yeah, fuck precision. Let's use a time zone that's not even active in its primary country for large portions of the year at a time. Brilliant. If they fall through the holes we create, it's their fault. 

@Otzlowe said:

Considering that UTC doesn't seem to be all that wide-spread yet, I'm thinking that it's also a conscious choice due to lack of public familiarity.
    Exactly. I certainly hope kids are learning to calculate UTC in grade school as they learn basic arithmetic and time zones. The world is permanently connected now, so it's relevant information, unlike when we were children.
    xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xbob42

@MrKlorox: Damn straight.

drwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By drwhat

My uncle works for Sega, and he says if you collect 100000 FUN you can unlock Swatch Internet Time and the dubstep soundtrack in a special FUN scratch ticket. Hope this helps.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Cubical

Sega is holding out on the good PSO1 hats and swatch internet time for that new arks cash thing I know it. they are going to charge $60 for it. People want it that bad.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By moffattron9000

@Cubical said:

seriously sega no fucking pso1 nights force hats and no swatch internet timeron the menu what the fuck are you trying to pull?

I looked for hours for some swatch internet time action and got none.

The reason for Swatch Internet Time being in PSO was a combination of Swatch pushing the concept to sell more watches, and Sega trying to make it easier for players on different continents to plan to play together as cross-server play was possible. Since then Swatch has stopped marketing Swatch Internet Time, and since this is a Japanese beta that will presumably not feature cross-server play there is no financial or logistical incentive for Sega to implement it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ravenlight

@Turambar said:

As a resident of the greater Phoenix metro area, I can attest that this is awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.