Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Universe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 24, 2006

Phantasy Star Universe tells the story of a Guardian named Ethan Waber who is on a mission to save his sister and stop a mysterious life form known as the SEED.

PSU Major Update coming; end of PSU 1.0 online service

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

Edited By _k1_
    Sega have announced that the 'Supplemental Update' will be coming to the XBox 360 servers sometime this summer.  They have also announced that as a result, online service for the base game without the expansion pack, (which they refer as PSU 1.0) will end on June 21st.  This will not effect offline play for PSU 1.0.  To continue playing, it looks like anyone who doesn't already have it will have to spend the 800 MS points for the expansion.     
    _k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By _k1_
    Sega have announced that the 'Supplemental Update' will be coming to the XBox 360 servers sometime this summer.  They have also announced that as a result, online service for the base game without the expansion pack, (which they refer as PSU 1.0) will end on June 21st.  This will not effect offline play for PSU 1.0.  To continue playing, it looks like anyone who doesn't already have it will have to spend the 800 MS points for the expansion.     
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

People still play this game?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Though its good that they are updating the game I wish the fee was lower. I bought the game mainly for the online but the experience I was getting didnt justify the price (especially compared to a fully fledged MMO like WoW or FFXI). Though there is something about a "Community Course" which seems to be that people who used to have an full account get downgraded to a lesser account but can still play somewhat. If thats true, and it goes to my old hunters account on 360, then id love it and could possibly in the future get me hooked enough to pay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.