Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phobia

Concept »

A phobia is an irrational fear of something that can be concrete or abstract. Many video games have characters deal with their phobias.

What are you irrationally afraid of?

• 117 results
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By big_jon

Girls! D:

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By jking47

I have agoraphobia, it is no fun.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By fourby

Parasites make me scream like an 8 year old girl. Found something on me that I wasn't even sure was a tick the other night and had a mini panic attack.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CaptainCharisma

A bird crashed into me while walking past a corner in Brooklyn when I was 6 years old. So I have had this terrible phobia of birds for 14 years now. So I feel your pain. Back then I couldn't even go past a bird in a cage. I'm better now but when I go jogging and I see a bird, the goosebumps start and I get as far away as possible. These Florida Sandhill Cranes are fucking scary!

bonafide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By bonafide

Sharp objects. I don't know if that's SUCH an irrational thing but when anybody in my household is in the kitchen cutting something up with our big knife I tend to stay away. I wouldn't call it 100% irrational though because I'm fine using sharp knives to cut up and eat steak with.

Also when anybody is behind me driving. ANYBODY, because of a small (but my very first) car accident about a year ago. Long story short, I didn't realize I left a dent in somebody's car and drove off. They thought I was hit-and-running them and called the police and followed me for a bit until they could stop me at a light and tell me what happened. Pretty dumb of me. So sometimes still any time I'm on the road and somebody's been behind me for more than a few minutes I get crazy worried I've done something without realizing it.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TentPole

I think my fear of Centipedes is entirely rational

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Patman99

@believer258 said:

Bees, and for two reasons.

1) When I was young - like real young, maybe 4 - I kicked at one and it stung me directly under my toenail. This started the fear.

2) When I was about 6, I was playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and I came across this motherfucker:

and ran, screaming, out of the house. I did eventually beat it, though.

EDIT: Ah, fuck. You can't see it well in that video because the guy runs too fast. Anyway, when you drop down that pit and the music changes, a GIGANTIC bee comes right behind you. And I mean HUGE.

EDIT 2: Found a better video. Fast forward to 7:10

This. I am absolutely terrified of bees. My horrifying childhood experience that scared me for life was when picking cherries from a cherry tree in my backyard. All I thought a beehive was a rock resting on a branch (I was like 5 at the time so give me a break). I picked up the "rock" and threw it on the ground. Apparently the bees did not like this too much and launched a full on assault against my body. It was too bad because I tried to run away as quickly as possible but three or four bees flew up my nose and when I tried to breathe in they all stung at once. Let me tell you, being stung up your nose is a sensation that is unlike any other on this planet. (I imagine being stung underneath a toenail would be equally as fun.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MegaLombax

Grasshoppers...and rejection.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By CptChiken

Clowns, fuck clowns.

What do they have to be happy about? they are just scary. and evil clowns? thats the worst.

I think it all started when i was about 4 and my brother mad me watch the film "it" and then for the rest of the week kept wakin me up in the middle of the night with a clown mask on. I love y brother, but he sure was a dick when he was younger.

Zurgfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zurgfrog

For what ever reason its Birds,when I was younger I got attacked by a goose and that has stayed with me my hole life. Man they scare the shit out of me

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By Tylea002

Fuck all you guys. These fears aren't irrational. One dude says "Ketchup" and the lack of elaboration shows he's clearly joking. There must be some actual irrational phobias up in this bitch right here: They're phobias, and thus irrational by nature, so no one should judge. If you do judge, you're a bad person.

I'll kick this off, I've got an irrational Phobia of the popping of a Balloon. No fucking clue why, well it's clearly something to do with the noise, but I play drums so I hear louder all the time. Makes no sense, and doesn't really impact my life. Only one time in recent memory - I was at the Royal Festival Hall in London, there was a gaming thing (not really video games) at the front and motherfucking Johann Sebastian Joust was there! I was super excited to play, got a game in, won, shit was getting real, then right next to us there was another game starting which was "I've put all these balloons on a pole, see how many you can pop." So I quietly left, never to play Johann Sebastian Joust again.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By phrosnite

Old people.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiders, bees and parasites.

I guess they all are rational on some level as they all can be dangerous, but (well, maybe expect for parasites) none of them are particularly dangerous to me where I live.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I am terrified of abnormally wide staircases. Like more than 4 or 5 feet wide. They freaking me out.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By CaLe

Sudden and unexpected appearance of spiders. If I see one on a wall just sitting there, fine. If one crawls up close to me I freak my shit. Freak. My. Shit.

I'm also diagnosed with social phobia but that's neither here nor there, it doesn't make me Freak My Shit (FMS) or anything. Just irrational avoidance behaviour.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Azteck

You know how in horror movies they always have these ghost-child-like songs playing when they go through areas like playgrounds and such? I find it incredibly uncomfortable. That and spiders. I'm not necessarily afraid of them to the point where I seize up and stuff but goddamn if it doesn't make me feel really, really bothered.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

@TentPole: Why the fuck did I click that link? I hate myself now.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By guiseppe

Heights, being stuck in an elevator and death. Wasps and spiders are horrible too, but I'm not really afraid of them.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By Nilazz

Being so deep in the ocean that there is no light. PANIC!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.