Confirmed for North America and Europe

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.

Capcom's told Kotaku and Pocket Gamer that the game's going to be released in the "West", which refers to both North America and Europe.

This news is so fantastic I feel like shedding a tear. Nothing about Ace Attorney Investigations 2 which should be bundled with the Western release of AA5, but that's fine! At least we get this. We'll also most likely be getting Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

#2 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

#3 Edited by Petiew (1345 posts) -

Great!

#4 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

@Melanon said:

This is the best reaction pic for "YES!" that I've ever seen, appropriate too.

#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5532 posts) -

I'm happy but not thrilled about the new look.

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Yeah! :D

#7 Posted by EuanDewar (4892 posts) -
@Melanon

Neckbearddddd
#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11625 posts) -

Well this is pretty great news. Now all I have to do is get a 3DS so I could actually play it.

#9 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (534 posts) -

@Melanon said:

That is great. Also, awesome to hear it's coming to North America. Can't wait!

#10 Posted by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

Awwwww yeah.

#11 Posted by ShrimpDino (97 posts) -

Awesome news :D

#12 Posted by Dagbiker (6969 posts) -

I do not Object.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

I should really get into this whole Professor Laytor thing, shouldn't I? I kinda hitched my wagon onto Ace Attorney years ago and didn't look back.

#14 Edited by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

I should really get into this whole Professor Laytor thing, shouldn't I? I kinda hitched my wagon onto Ace Attorney years ago and didn't look back.

I'm a good fan of both, though I like Ace Attorney quite a bit more for its story alone. Layton's overall narrative isn't as intriguing to me, but I like its style all the same, and it's just fun nonsense abounds. I really dig the puzzles too -- which is rather convenient, because you trip over another puzzle with every goddamn step you take.

They're not fooling around when they call Layon a puzzle game. So, I think that's really the main thing to keep in mind: if the idea of puzzles being constantly all up in your shit is a turn-off to you, then I'd say it's not worth going into. If you're no fan of riddlers and are just in it for the story, I think you'd end up pretty annoyed for how often they come up and bar your way.

However, if you are in fact someone who enjoys a good brain teaser, there's a whole heaping lot to be had from the package.

#15 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Cool looks like I'm getting a 3ds.

#16 Edited by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

@Superkenon: That sounds like my kind of game, thanks for the detailed description. I have a lot of work to do to catch up, that's for sure. Maybe the actual final entry will be out here by then though.

#17 Posted by rolanthas (242 posts) -

Shit, they finally made me desperately want a 3DS. Well played.

#18 Posted by Mcfart (1608 posts) -

Great. But still pissed at not being able to play AAI2

#19 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Only problem with this is that its making me seriously consider getting a 3DS. I wasnt going to get one after Nintendo didnt include a charger with the XL.

#20 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -
#21 Edited by Dagbiker (6969 posts) -

@techhits said:

@dagbiker said:

I do not Object.

HA!

It only took 10 months for someone to get that joke, congratulations, Sir.

#22 Edited by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

Only problem with this is that its making me seriously consider getting a 3DS. I wasnt going to get one after Nintendo didnt include a charger with the XL.

Ten months later so maybe you know this by now, but the XL totally comes with a charger.

It was only in Japan that they didn't, supposedly.

#23 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

@superkenon: I bought one in the end, it didnt come with a charger.

#24 Edited by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

@happenstance: That's baffling. I bought a 3DS XL, and it did come with a charger.

EDIT: Turns out the exception was Japan and Europe. Lame. I guess that's where you live?

#25 Edited by Happenstance (462 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.