TGS Footage

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

We should collect footage of Ace Attorney 5 leading up to TGS and from the show itself in this thread. Starting with these two videos I found on NeoGAF from a Capcom livestream on Friday:

Loading Video...

This one features blurred gameplay footage and a bunch of people saying things I don't understand.

Loading Video...

This one's a TGS ad that features AA5 courtroom music in the background.

#2 Posted by SlightConfuse (3995 posts) -

TGS trailer anyone read the new girls info

Loading Video...
#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

I am way too excited for this. The 3D models look absolutely amazing and they make Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney's look poor in comparison.

This is going to be awesome.

And that silhouette at the end has to be Edgeworth.

@SlightConfuse said:

TGS trailer anyone read the new girls info

Apparently called Kidzuki Kokone, she is an 18 year old defense attorney who operates "Kokoroscope", a device that enables her and Wright to determine contradictions between a person's testimony and their emotions.

#4 Posted by ashogo (952 posts) -

The new girl's hair is way too ridiculous.

#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

Subbed version someone posted on NeoGAF:

Loading Video...
#6 Posted by Egg0 (178 posts) -

Soooo I guess I'm getting a 3DS. Hopefully there's some good deals for the holidays.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

Part of an Ace Attorney 5 livestream. Gameplay footage:

Loading Video...
#8 Posted by Bocam (3975 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Apparently called Kidzuki Kokone, she is an 18 year old defense attorney who operates "Kokoroscope", a device that enables her and Wright to determine contradictions between a person's testimony and their emotions.

Let's guess what her American name will be

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Let's guess what her American name will be

From this post on NeoGAF:

Kidzuki = awareness

Kokone = "sound of the heart"

So... I dunno.

#10 Edited by cannonballBAM (659 posts) -

I am so hyped for this game. What is going on with Layton X Wright though? I wonder if Shu Takumi will be working on it.

edit: never mind, I just found the thread.

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (7022 posts) -

@ashogo: Isn't that like all of Ace Attorney characters though?

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (6094 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: There is no way that is edgeworth. It is a man with a fluffy scarf, and we can't really tell much more but I can't see them redesigning edgeworth's hair like that. An entirely new prosecutor, after the customary opening duel with Winston.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Possibly, but we never know. The prosecutor featured in the trailer isn't Winston, however: it is his brother.

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (6094 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah I just looked up what information has been released so far and saw that. Not happy about the voice acting being in there. Didn't like the way he sounded in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Even though the trailer still featured the bleeps.

There will be returning characters but they won't say which.

#15 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19813 posts) -

@AlisterCat: This might be where you're getting your info from, but there's a recent interview here that talks about the VA and the returning characters. I don't mind voice acting as long as it's good; it'll help the court scenes be more dynamic with the direction they seem to be heading towards.

Only thing they've mentioned about returning characters other than that Siliconera posted interview is a response of "Maybe she's training at a temple" to the question "Where's Maya?" in some interview.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.