Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Picross 3D

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 12, 2009

A three-dimensional take on the classic game of Picross that challenges players with managing three axes rather than only two.

Difficulty

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By El33tPanda

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard Picross 3D actually gets. I'm on Level 7 of the Easy section and, man, some of these are fairly challenging, i.e. I'm having to think on easy. For Medium, Hard and the ??? (Assuming it's Impossible or something cliché), how hard can they get?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Oh man, I just perfected every puzzle in the game (even the downloadable puzzle packs) just today.  Level 9 and 10 on Hard can feel really, really cheap at times but the game has a great sense of pacing and can feel adequately challenging as you progress through the game, I even felt the way you feel through Easy.  Just don't think about it, if this is your first Picross game (as it was mine) this sentiment is perfectly normal.  Eventually, you'll begin to think it was just your fault (like accidentally breaking a block you didn't mean to) rather than the game's.

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By El33tPanda

Okay good. I'm just getting through Level 7, taking my time since I've been in and out of work this past week and haven't gotten that much time to play anything. I'm beginning to understand all the mechanics of it. This is my first Picross as well, and I'm actually thinking about picking up the original ones too. I can't wait to play more of this game. With this and Red Dead, I'm going to have my plate full for a while.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Oh the ??? setting is just "Random." Hard is the hardest this game can get.  =P

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By El33tPanda

Haha, thank you. I've been wondering if it was just really challenging or something to that effect. How many are in there?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

369 puzzles total.  Then about 29 or so from the downloadable puzzle packs.  

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By El33tPanda

Nice, I don't think this is going out of my DS any time soon :)

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WhytePanther

It starts to get hard when you get to hard (Surprise!), not so much because the puzzles are that much more complex, but you start to get less useful information (5 in a square?  Ok, saving that row for later), and puzzles are intentionally nearly symmetrical to try to fool you into thinking they are.  Also the time limits on some of the smaller puzzles on the hard levels to get perfect score are pretty brutal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.