pyjamarama's Picross DS (Nintendo DS) review

Great puzzle game

This game has similarities to sudoku in that every puzzle is solvable with a little forward thinking & logic. It is nicely presented and very easy to learn how to do the puzzles with the straightforward tutorial.
It requires using the stylus which works really well, the boxes you have to touch are a decent size so you never find yourself tapping the wrong one.
If you connect to nintendo wi-fi there you can play against other people and will also find access to additional puzzle packs to donwload which adds more play time to this already great game.
I found once i started playing it was hard to stop and reccommend it to anyone who enjoys sudoku or logic problems in general.
Posted by ahoodedfigure

I think this sort of thing is inherently more interesting than Sudoku for me, probably because the mystery changes each time.  In Sudoku the tangle of numbers changes, but that concept itself never does, while you get a cool picture with these :)

Other reviews for Picross DS (Nintendo DS)

I spent a lot of time playing this. 0

Picross may have been played more than any other game in my gaming history. It’s phenomenal. It’s a Japanese picture/logic puzzler. There are numbers on the rows and columns that represent the number of dots filled in on a grid. And that’s it. You figure out which dots are filled in, which are empty, and you see a picture! The DS version allows you to download a bunch of additional puzzles, including all of the puzzles from the original Game Boy version of this game, which was called Mario’s Pic...

Handheld Time-Wasters Don't Come Any Smarter 0

Although they haven't been around as long, or received as much press and attention, as Su Doku puzzles, nonograms are still nothing new, and not without a following. The original Picross (short for Picture Crosswords) games were produced by Nintendo for the Game Boy and Super Famicom in the mid-90s, only one of which was released in the United States. However, the puzzles are not unknown to Americans, as they have been published in many puzzle collections, such as Conceptis Tech's website as Fil...